Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,586 REPLIES 5,586

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@G_Pomzz - No. It is actually $45 after 2 years with the plan. And no US roaming. With only 256kbps Unlimited Data. Public Mobile has 512kbps.

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 9.42.34 AM.png

Although I don't live in Quebec, that is the $34/month plan with just 1 line. The Canada - US - Mexico "90 Days" roaming free is $50/month for two years then $75/month after that. 

G_Pomzz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jumphightosee8   Screenshot or link please?  I looked at Rogers plans and the lowest price for an Infinite Plan which includes free USA roaming is about $90 per month. 

@G_Pomzz wrote:

@kb_mv  wrote;  Just checked every single province category, closest I can get is $34 for 50GB Canada Wide in Quebec.

Does that include any loyalty/referral discounts?

Does that include free unlimited USA roaming?

If not, then PM beats it hands down. 

@G_Pomzz You may want to check your source for that quote. I never said that, @fixin did and I don't believe he was selling it, it was in response to me not seeing a particular Roger's plan posted by @jumphightosee8 .

G_Pomzz

@fixin @  wrote;  Just checked every single province category, closest I can get is $34 for 50GB Canada Wide in Quebec.

Does that include any loyalty/referral discounts?

Does that include free unlimited USA roaming?

If not, then PM beats it hands down. 

@jumphightosee8 wrote:

The promotion is available for ON and QC, but shop around if you are frustrated 🙂

@jumphightosee8 I have looked elsewhere, everywhere. So far no company serving the Maritimes  comes close to matching or beating $34/50GB Can-USA prepaid 5G. 

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kb_mv - Just checked every single province category, closest I can get is $34 for 50GB Canada Wide in Quebec.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@eyes wrote:

Thanks .. I do understand your point -words..words..words only numbers tell the truth . With  record revenue comes at the very least some profits. From what I read ,  Telus is not in the red. 

@eyes neither myself nor @ShawnC13 suggested that Telus was losing money. 

jumphightosee8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The promotion is available for ON and QC, but shop around if you are frustrated 🙂

@jumphightosee8 wrote:

Just shopping around and know that Rogers has a plan for 30$ 75GB US Cad, the second line is $25. 

@jumphightosee8 Where did you see this? I can't find anything similar on the Rogers site for NB.

jumphightosee8

Just shopping around and know that Rogers has a plan for 30$ 75GB US Cad, the second line is $25. 

@eyes wrote:

Your playing with words.

Record profits = record revenue 

Doesn’t it????

@eyes no it doesn't.  You could have lower revenue than your highest ever and still be more profitable.  Profit = Revenue- Expenses.  Revenue is your total income but you could have also record expenses that year.  Again not defending the decision and don't agree with it but just always trying to keep the information accurate.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@eyes wrote:

Your playing with words.

Record profits = record revenue 

Doesn’t it????

@eyes I think you're playing with words too. You switched around what @ShawnC13 said. He wrote that record revenue doesn't necessarily equate to record profits. You switched the words around. Google revenue vs profit. Big difference.

Lest anyone get their back up, I'll also add a disclaimer that though I wrote the above I do not agree with the rewards program changes. 

HI @eyes 

No, they are not the same

here is what I got when I Googled Economic 101

Revenue is the money a business earns by selling a product or service, and profit is the money your business keeps after accounting for all the expenses involved in generating that revenue.

Here’s an example: Suppose your SaaS business’s revenue is $50,000 but you spend $40,000 on marketing, the profit from that revenue is $10,000.

@Alexphi wrote:

I'd like to complain regarding this change, as it is not a change that is aligned with the plan I originally signed up for, and deincentivises the points and credits I've accumulated during my years of.support. this changes the terms of my contract and indonnot agree to them

@Alexphi You do not have a long term contract with PM. Every 30 days that you renew starts a new contract and by renewing you are agreeing to the new ToS.

@Wolfcore wrote:

Won't somebody think of the poor multibillion dollar company with record profits, please? The humanity, somebody please help them!

If they simply kept their word and didn't lie to customers, they wouldn't have run into this situation. There are consequences for actions, and this is one of theirs.

Where does it say record profit?  I have read all about record Revenue and some divisions being more priftable but as I whole I couldn't find where they said Record Profit.  I am not defending this but again looking for accuracy as there is a big difference between Record Revenue and Record Profit.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Alexphi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'd like to complain regarding this change, as it is not a change that is aligned with the plan I originally signed up for, and deincentivises the points and credits I've accumulated during my years of.support. this changes the terms of my contract and indonnot agree to them

Retiree2024

I believe i will have to shop around for a new plan as to continue with public mobile my plan will definitely increase in price and its no coverage with them for travel outside Canada. My wife went with Bell and can call, text and has data when traveling outside Canada and i thing Rogers has the same kind of deal. We both dont need the data when traveling but if i have to invest in a new plan that is what i will strongly look at. Loyalty means nothing to the business anymore (public mobile) just profit is what they want. 

TheDre

It's not all about loyalty though. We grew their business and in return were promised an incentive. For me the complaint is not about the pricing. It's the fact that many of us brought in many customers with a promise to be rewarded with cash incentives and now that they have grown so much, largely because of the people we brought them, they are taking that incentive away.

mikasik2

No Surprises!No Surprises!Screenshot 2024-03-14 170546.pngNo expirationNo expiration

CoolyRanks

Thank you, done. From what I've read elsewhere, you do indeed need to complain to PM first *before* complaining to the CCTS. Just summarizing here to help others. 

TheDre

Click the chat bubble icon at the bottom right. 

TheDre_0-1712061725994.png

CoolyRanks

How exactly do I file a complaint? I thought posting here was enough. 

TheDre

FYI, you first need to file a complaint with Public Mobile as it will ask you this when filing your CCTS complaint.

CoolyRanks

I'll be losing out on $4 a month with this change. I see many comments from other people losing a lot more. It was promised that our old rewards would be kept. I will be filing a CCTS complaint and recommend others do the same. 

TheDre

I've submitted a ticket asking to stay on the old rewards program. I imagine I will be denied like everyone else so next step will be to file a complaint with the CCTS.

If this doesnt get resolved, I will eventually move to Lucky Mobile. For those wondering, Lucky is owned by Bell so this would be the best move. Do not go to Koodo thinking you are making a difference as they are owned by Telus just like Public Mobile.

metaldog7

We were a retailer years ago and I've been helping public customers for years.  No more.  Moving to work with another carrier next month.  The rewards rug pull was the last straw.

rd12345

Loyalty doesn't mean much these days. Will you change your mind, or will it be over?

jtennyuk

I recommend switching to the $29 20GB plan if you don't use much data. I'm pissed off just like you, but at least we can claw back a bit of savings if you don't use much data anyhow

jtennyuk

Also, might as well file a CCTS complaint while you're at it for fun.

jtennyuk

I'm as pissed off as anyone else for losing my rewards, but I'm switching to the $29 20GB plan and saving myself $5 per month (was never gonna use up my 50GB of data in the $34 plan, hardly go above 5GB ever) so that softens the blow a bit. Recommend everyone who doesn't use much data to do the same, especially since 5G speed seems to be a sham. (Oftentimes it's even slower than 4G LTE.)

Need Help? Let's chat.