Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,576 REPLIES 5,576

Eastlink has a mobile and home internet plan, unlimited data and 1GB home internet speeds, for $99/month recently, if I'm not mistaken.

That's actually quite good for that combo, given stand-alone home internet at that speed is in the $80-$90/month range.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@fixin Maybe one day Freedom or even FIZZ will expand to the Maritimes. I'm always looking, even before this announcement.

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kb_mv - The maritimes only has Eastlink as the regional provider, and they are $$$$$$$ more expensive than PM.

Freedom is in my area though I won't want to port to them due to having good service here.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@ily wrote:

I guess it boils down to your referral count. Those with a large referral base could still enjoy a nice deal compared to the competition, but if they put a cap on referral rewards it immediately changes the game.

All the best to you 🙂

@ily I have an account with zero referrals. I have posted a few times that in the Maritimes there is not a single provider that can meet or beat my $34/50GB Can-USA 5G prepaid plan.

I don't care what anyone else does, nor will I try to convince someone to stay or go. We are all grown ups. I'll do me and you (as in everyone else) do you. Good luck.

Gkwt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, this is a complaint about the change from the legacy rewards to the public points. As customers, we were informed that the legacy rewards would continue as long as we were subscribed to PM, and that the change to public points is optional. This mandatory change does not conform to what was promised in multiple communications, on the website, from representatives, and on the forums. I will be filing a CCTS complaint.

ily
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kb_mv wrote:

@ily wrote:

Good catch, thank you. It goes to show that I wouldn't be surprise if they pulled one like that at this point tbh.

@ily So in light of that I am one of those that is claiming that "iT StiLL mAkeS eConoMicAL seNsE tO StAy" 

I guess it boils down to your referral count. Those with a large referral base could still enjoy a nice deal compared to the competition, but if they put a cap on referral rewards it immediately changes the game.

All the best to you 🙂

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@ily wrote:

Good catch, thank you. It goes to show that I wouldn't be surprise if they pulled one like that at this point tbh.

@ily So in light of that I am one of those claiming that "iT StiLL mAkeS eConoMicAL seNsE tO StAy" 

ily

@kb_mv wrote:

@ily wrote:

@JohnDoe3 wrote:

Just noticed a new addition to the points description:

JohnDoe3_0-1712082015935.png

https://myrewards.publicmobile.ca/en/on/opt-in?acr_values=loa2pm

So on top of the rest of the ways we're getting screwed, they're also capping the friend referrals to 4.

Nice. Let's see what those who claim that "iT StiLL mAkeS eConoMicAL seNsE tO StAy" have to say about this.

@ily That is incorrect. Read the post following it posted by @HALIMACS 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@ily wrote:

@JohnDoe3 wrote:

So on top of the rest of the ways we're getting screwed, they're also capping the friend referrals to 4.

Nice. Let's see what those who claim that "iT StiLL mAkeS eConoMicAL seNsE tO StAy" have to say about this.

@ily That is incorrect. Read the post following it posted by @HALIMACS 

ily

@JohnDoe3 wrote:

EDIT: As corrected by others, this isn't a cap on referral rewards. The message reflects the number of referrals tied to the account. OP has 4 referrals, thus the message mentions "up to 4 points".

@kad272003 wrote:

Hope that somebody will sue you and you have to keep the old rewards in place.

@kad272003 If you feel that this is case worth suing over why don't you step up? I suspect that if a lawyer saw the ToS they would decline the case. If it was winnable I think someone would have posted that they found a lawyer/law firm willing to file suit on their behalf or a class action suit on behalf of all of us.

Edit to add: I can't imagine how much money you would have to give a lawyer in order to save 7 dollars a month.

dmc69

CCTS accepted my complaint. 

dmc69_0-1712084305369.png

That’s not what it means, @JohnDoe3 

It’s simply indicating that whereas you have 4 friend referrals, you would receive 4 points.

Anyone who accesses that page will display the number of points they would get based on their current legacy friend referral value.

But it’s understanding why you might think that since they are screwing us over one may suspect they’re just going to go one step further … 😒

JohnDoe3

kad272003

I am furious that you are changing the rewards. I joined public mobile because of the rewards program and I want to see it unchanged. It is highly disturbing that you just change that!!!! Hope that somebody will sue you and you have to keep the old rewards in place.

Wolfcore

As of right now, this is officially the highest viewed, and most commented post in the history of this forum. Take from that what you will.

H_CS

I have multiple family members with the legacy Public Mobile reward program, so I will get them to file a complaint as well. We want to keep our original rewards program.

In my view, each account holder/service holder can file their own complaint.

It matters not who is paying for it.

I offer this because it seems to matter to Public Mobile when one calls about an account.

Whether or not the person is paying for other accounts, they appear to need the account holder (the one with the Sim card in the device) to contact them and verify the account.

fixin

@JACJAC - No, since you are the one paying it and all of your accounts are affected please just tell the CCTS that you have 4 accounts with Public Mobile.

JACJAC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Now that it's been confirmed that the CCTS is accepting complaints about this issue, can anyone advise if I can submit a complaint for each of the four lines I pay for for the family?

fixin

@G_Pomzz - No. It is actually $45 after 2 years with the plan. And no US roaming. With only 256kbps Unlimited Data. Public Mobile has 512kbps.

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 9.42.34 AM.png

Although I don't live in Quebec, that is the $34/month plan with just 1 line. The Canada - US - Mexico "90 Days" roaming free is $50/month for two years then $75/month after that. 

G_Pomzz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jumphightosee8   Screenshot or link please?  I looked at Rogers plans and the lowest price for an Infinite Plan which includes free USA roaming is about $90 per month. 

@G_Pomzz wrote:

@kb_mv  wrote;  Just checked every single province category, closest I can get is $34 for 50GB Canada Wide in Quebec.

Does that include any loyalty/referral discounts?

Does that include free unlimited USA roaming?

If not, then PM beats it hands down. 

@G_Pomzz You may want to check your source for that quote. I never said that, @fixin did and I don't believe he was selling it, it was in response to me not seeing a particular Roger's plan posted by @jumphightosee8 .

G_Pomzz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@fixin @  wrote;  Just checked every single province category, closest I can get is $34 for 50GB Canada Wide in Quebec.

Does that include any loyalty/referral discounts?

Does that include free unlimited USA roaming?

If not, then PM beats it hands down. 

@jumphightosee8 wrote:

The promotion is available for ON and QC, but shop around if you are frustrated 🙂

@jumphightosee8 I have looked elsewhere, everywhere. So far no company serving the Maritimes  comes close to matching or beating $34/50GB Can-USA prepaid 5G. 

fixin

@kb_mv - Just checked every single province category, closest I can get is $34 for 50GB Canada Wide in Quebec.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@eyes wrote:

Thanks .. I do understand your point -words..words..words only numbers tell the truth . With  record revenue comes at the very least some profits. From what I read ,  Telus is not in the red. 

@eyes neither myself nor @ShawnC13 suggested that Telus was losing money. 

jumphightosee8

The promotion is available for ON and QC, but shop around if you are frustrated 🙂

@jumphightosee8 wrote:

Just shopping around and know that Rogers has a plan for 30$ 75GB US Cad, the second line is $25. 

@jumphightosee8 Where did you see this? I can't find anything similar on the Rogers site for NB.

jumphightosee8

Just shopping around and know that Rogers has a plan for 30$ 75GB US Cad, the second line is $25. 

Need Help? Let's chat.