Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,503 REPLIES 5,503

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kb_mv - That will not work because when you report lost / stolen phone it pauses ALL communications to the phone. Calls, Texts, and Data will pause and not work.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@eyes wrote:

No..... obviously letting an account expire closes the account ------- it's becomes inactive. That means if you don't renew each and every month.

@eyes I am aware of that. What i was getting at was instead of turning off autopay and letting the account go inactive for up to 90 days and then renewing (thus losing the bonus data), could you report your phone lost/stolen and get around it.

eyes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kb_mv wrote:

@eyes wrote:

Clipped from Help Files...

The bonus data will remain active unless your account becomes inactive, you switch to a plan of lower value or to an incompatible plan.

@eyes I wonder if changing your account to lost/stolen as opposed to just letting it expire for 89 days would bypass the account inactive part? Maybe a CS rep could confirm one way or the other.

No..... obviously letting an account expire closes the account ------- it's becomes inactive. That means if you don't renew each and every month.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@eyes wrote:

The bonus data will remain active unless your account becomes inactive, you switch to a plan of lower value or to an incompatible plan.

@eyes I wonder if changing your account to lost/stolen as opposed to just letting it expire for 89 days would bypass the account inactive part? Maybe a CS rep could confirm one way or the other.

eyes

Just yet another fact that leaves a bitter taste. I managed to switch down to the $15 plan just in time to get the 5 gb gift. However I just became aware that I risk on losing even this if I don’t continuously keep my account active. Cut and pasting below.

eyes

No it doesn’t cover as many areas as PM. I’m approx 40 km from the GTA area and Fizz is not available in my area. So boys and girls maybe we should be comparing apples with apples. 
The problem we’re having is the switch from the old reward system to the point system. 

eyes

Don’t know why you think that I’m being misleading—- I more or less - without going into depth - said exactly what you are saying. Fizz offers incentives to get new accounts and takes them away after 6 months just the same as most other providers. 

@Wolfcore wrote:

Insane surpression going on. As somebody who reads basically every message in this thread...

@Wolfcore So what was in those 50 messages (as opposed to the remaining 3675) that was so damaging to PM that they felt compelled to insanely suppress them? 

@Wolfcore wrote:

Pretty crazy how many messages were purged last night, almost 50. Insane surpression going on. As somebody who reads basically every message in this thread, there's no way that 50 messages violated the rules. Definitely some stretching going on.

Messages like yours and my reply to you are messages that could be removed from the thread.  I noticed yesterday that there were about the same amount gone

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@hyT wrote:

@computergeek541 

Thank you for your reply. I have already attempted to open a ticket many times, but all I got was this:

Screenshot_20240330-220554_Chrome.jpg

 In fact, I got similar messages when I tried to access my usage history and payment history using the app too. So frustrating.

That error message shouldnt' be happening. Please send a private message to CS_Agent.  
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hyT

@computergeek541 

Thank you for your reply. I have already attempted to open a ticket many times, but all I got was this:

Screenshot_20240330-220554_Chrome.jpg

 In fact, I got similar messages when I tried to access my usage history and payment history using the app too. So frustrating.

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Pretty crazy how many messages were purged last night, almost 50. Insane surpression going on. As somebody who reads basically every message in this thread, there's no way that 50 messages violated the rules. Definitely some stretching going on.

@hyT wrote:

@J_PM 

Already unhappy to be forced to accept the Points instead of Rewards. Then realized that you gave me a "loyalty bonus" that's incompatible to my subscription. Is this a joke? See the attached screenshot.

Screenshot_20240330-203819_Public Mobile.jpg

I agree with you that this add-on shouldn't be incompatible.  I have asked Public Mobile about this add-on and while none of the Canada-wide data add-ons have ever worked with any of the plans that include unlimted data at reduced speeds, I have been infromed by Public Mobile that the intention for this add-on was for this 240GB data add-on to provide more data at the faster speed.  You'll need to open a ticket to get this addressed.  Ironically, I have seen this same 240GB add-on being shown as fully compatible on a different plan that includes unlimited data at reduced speeds.

Matty1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just seen that Fizz is ending their beta pricing soon, if anyone is switching. I was planning on May but I might have to switch before my next billing (April 15)

hyT

@J_PM 

Already unhappy to be forced to accept the Points instead of Rewards. Then realized that you gave me a "loyalty bonus" that's incompatible to my subscription. Is this a joke? See the attached screenshot.

Screenshot_20240330-203819_Public Mobile.jpg

Knockali5

Exactly, it was nice ride though.  Last 5 years, I convinced many people to switch to PM.  Telus has right make their business decisions and so do we.  Now we are free to move on.  

HI @Lubna31 

but remember, your friend referral will stay, but they will be earned as points

Knockali5

In December 2023 I got one yearly plan from freedom.  At that time it was $99 unlimited talk and text plus 50 GB data.  Later on they added extra 5 GB when Quebecor took over.  They also added free canadawide roaming.  
So far in last 15 months no issues at all.  Freedom did offer no increase guarantee.  Let’s see if they keep that promise.  

ValeryD1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Everyone is kind of nervous in this topic...
Personally, unlike most users, I am very grateful to PM’s decision to cancel discounts earned over the years! I'd be sitting here right now paying for my three lines while the PM made me get look at alternative plans from other providers.
So, two lines already with PC Mobile, $20 for unlimited calls and SMS, 1 GB of data with LTE 150 m/s. Here the closest one was $25 with 1GB 3G. The savings are already a little and the speed is higher. So even compared to today's PM bonuses, it will be cheaper. In principle, the date doesn’t really interest me, I’m a sysadmin and so I work 24/7 on an optical gigalan; on my phone I practically use the date for Google maps on the road.
PM belongs to Telus, and Telus is distinguished by completely unpredictable changes in payment and exclusively in its favor, this is their experience of communicating with Telus somewhere from 98 or 99, I don’t remember the exact date, I only remember how they raised the payment 2 times and the connection was lost outside the city , when Telus switched to GSM format. I tried for a long time not to have anything to do with Telus, but Telus bought PM and this is the result...
Well, there’s only one line left, let’s see carefully what happens after May 1st.

Lubna31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think, there should be the option to keep either the old point system, or to switched to the new system. I am been with Public mobile for almost 5 years now, and with $2 auto pay, I was receiving $9 credit each month with friends referral, which was great, but I am very disappointed now, that all of that is taken away, and have to pay full bill payment. Thinking about switching to something else soon, just because of this reason.

lovewelldropin

I did not give permission for anyone to make the changes on the billing of my account so if this does change, I’ll be very upset as you’ll be violating my account and upsetting a loyal customer. 

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Gimli007 wrote:

I got 240gb - expiring soon - i have half a mind to auto dload 1000 linux iso's to use it all up just outa spite.

Nah. Make your phone hotspot and download windows 10/11 legally using computer. 40 times... and 240GB are gone.

SeniorCitizen

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @G_Pomzz I have to agree with you.  PM has not raise any price, just change in Rewards which they have full right to do 

Many thought there are lots of complaints, but I doubt it.  All activated in the last 2 years already on the new point system  

Whoa there. Was there not a $10 plan that went to $13 and you would have been a fool to not bump up to the $15 minus $2 for auto pay?  
And is this forced change to the new rewards not an increase? $15 plan is now at least, for me, 45% more. 

mikasik2

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @G_Pomzz I have to agree with you.  PM has not raise any price, just change in Rewards which they have full right to do 

No Surprises!No Surprises!Screenshot 2024-03-14 170546.pngNo expirationNo expiration

Many thought there are lots of complaints, but I doubt it.  All activated in the last 2 years already on the new point system  

G_Pomzz

I do not agree to switch loyalty plans. I have filed a complaint with CCTS

Well, you are just wasting your time. PM has every right to change up the rewards bonus system. And don't think for a minute that the bean counters didn't consider the collateral damage. In the long run, it's probably a good decision and provides shareholder value which is their fiduciary duty. 

Camera4617

And one line ported out of PM. You wanted to save 5$ on removing my loyalty bonus, now you'll lose $30.. And if I'm happy with other provider (which is good so far), other 4 lines will be moved. Thank you again PM

oilers84second

I do not agree to switch loyalty plans.  I have filed a complaint with CCTS.

fixin

@Oakestester - That is because every single complaint - agreed on or not it costs the provider $140 per complaint.

Need Help? Let's chat.