Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,583 REPLIES 5,583

Joe_Crushy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's not enough, it doesn't make up my Legacy Rewards that I receive monthly for the 5 years I have been with PM. 

@HALIMACS wrote:

Taking this one step further @RetiredGuy1 , (& perhaps this was your intended message?)  if PM really wanted to do the “best possible”  thing, they would credit everyone being forced to switch over 10 public points on May 1, 2024, and then repeat that every subsequent May 1 thereafter.

@HALIMACS @RetiredGuy1 In addition to this they could reinstate the clause about 1 point for every month of service. Removing that the day before this announcement was sleazy.

Taking this one step further @RetiredGuy1 , (& perhaps this was your intended message?)  if PM really wanted to do the “best possible”  thing, they would credit everyone being forced to switch over 10 public points on May 1, 2024, and then repeat that every subsequent May 1 thereafter.

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13 

I’ll use an example to illustrate what I’m getting at. Let’s assume May 1 is the migration date. Let’s also exclude anybody on the Points program already at that time as they accepted the Points program rules upon registration (either by default as new customer or voluntarily by switching from legacy to Points). Let’s use the following 2 fictitious people:

Cory joined PM on May 2, 2021. He is migrated to Points on May 1 and will wait 1 day (May 2) to receive 10 anniversary points.

Shawn joined PM on April 30, 2021. He is migrated to Points on May 1 and will wait 364 days (April 30, 2025) to receive 10 anniversary points.

That is a wide disparity not due to anything Cory or Shawn has done but due to PM changing the rules in an arbitrary fashion by selecting May 1 for changing the rules going forward. Under the legacy program, the anniversary date was critical as it determined when yearly incremental increases (capped at 5 years) to monthly legacy rewards kicked in. With the new Points program, that has been eliminated and replaced by a one-time, once-a-year credit of 10 anniversary points.

My suggestion is to eliminate that wide disparity resulting from one person waiting almost a year longer than the other - despite the fact they originally joined PM within 2 days of each other - in order to receive their first 10 anniversary points.

How to make this possible? PM could update their system for all legacy rewards people being force-migrated onto the Points program on May 1 to reflect a (notional) date of joining PM as of May 1, 2023. The system would then recognize the requirement of 12 months of being a PM member to receive 10 anniversary points and credit their accounts on May 1 accordingly. In this way, everybody is starting out on the same foot going forward. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@fixin wrote:

@Geekedout - Ohhh so it is Public Mobile who is saying that they didn't do anything wrong, but CCTS wants to keep the case open for all for further investigation because of how many complaints people sent in.

@fixin That is not how I read that at all. PM hasn't said in the response that they did nothing wrong. It says PM objected to the complaint on the basis that CCTS had no authority to accept it as per the CCTS procedural code. CCTS has said otherwise, IE that they do have the authority so they rejected the objection by PM and will continue the process. It says nothing of any merits of the complaint or rulings outside of this nor does it mention the number of complaints received.

@Chalupa_Batman that is what we were hoping for but it hasn't worked out that way.  Even creating trouble tickets with CSA has had zero result and now I believe that statement has been removed.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Chalupa_Batman_0-1711516617421.jpeg

Does this mean I'll get 60 points a month because I've been with PM for 5 years? Then 10 points on my anniversary cycle? 

@RetiredGuy1, when I look at the app and info about switching to points it shows that I will get 10 points on November 3.  So while some will wait longer than others I still think it should go by your personal anniversary date

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RetiredGuy1

I understand that. I’m talking only about those who are being forced over on May 1 (I said every customer who is still on the legacy program). For those, the rules have changed and are being forced on them . Anybody who already migrated to the points program did so voluntarily and were willing to accept the new rules (and their consequences) so they are not impacted by what I’m suggesting. 

@RetiredGuy1 anniversary date is based on the date you joined PM and not based on the date you joined Public Points.  So, for those who migrated from Legacy rewards to Public Points, they won't all have anniversary date on May 1st

RetiredGuy1

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@HALIMACS and @Wolfcore on your original anniversary date (if there has been not break in service) you get the 10 points.  It is the same for everyone 12 consecutive months or 84 consecutive months you get 10 points on your anniversary date.

@ShawnC13 

Let’s say, for arguments sake, the migration of the legacy system to the points system occurs on May 1 and, given the anniversary points are based on 12 consecutive months with PM, then every customer who is still on the legacy program meets that criteria immediately on May 1 (since the points program was introduced in Jan 2022).

The application of the anniversary points as you correctly describe will result in a wide disparity. Namely, someone with an anniversary date of May 2 waits 1 day to receive the 10 points. Someone with an anniversary date of April 30 waits 364 days.

I realize whatever date is used in May will be an arbitrary selection so it cannot be a one-size-fits all.. An alternative could be for PM to change the anniversary date of all those being migrated to May 1 (or whatever actual date it occurs). Everyone starts out on the same foot. It might appear that those who earned a loyalty reward more recently than others are benefitting but they earned those rewards before the rules were changed. Of course, this would only be a transitional measure to bridge the two programs since from May 2025 onward, it would be equal timing for all.

@G_Pomzz wrote:

Since it's such a polarizing subject. I was thinking a poll to see who is leaving PM due to the rewards changing and who is staying regardless. 

That is not on topic at all.  Some will say it is as it is a result of this move but it will only bring more negativity to the forum.  Even just presenting information I and many others have been called names.  Putting up such a poll adds nothing to this discussion.

G_Pomzz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Since it's such a polarizing subject. I was thinking a poll to see who is leaving PM due to the rewards changing and who is staying regardless. 

@G_Pomzz wrote:

Is it possible to do a poll on here, like on Twitter? 

@G_Pomzz if it is on topic but I don't see a poll that would be on topic

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There isn't a way to do it natively on here but use poll straw to embed code onto here.

EDIT: You will have to use a link to get to the poll.

@G_Pomzz wrote:

So long as the poll is even vaguely on-topic, I don't see why not.    

G_Pomzz

Geekedout

Yes! I seen a few people saying that the CCTS wouldn't accept our complaints for some reason or another, but that doesn't seem to be the case!  

fixin

@Geekedout - Ohhh so it is Public Mobile who is saying that they didn't do anything wrong, but CCTS wants to keep the case open for all for further investigation because of how many complaints people sent in.

Geekedout

They are continuing with my complaint.  

fixin

@Geekedout wrote:

The CCTS has REJECTED Public Mobiles OBJECTION to my COMPLAINT!

IMG_0463.jpeg

@Geekedout - Hmmm, PM must've been planning this for a while.

But at least they still get charged $140! Way more than 1 customer staying on Legacy Rewards for over a year!

Geekedout

The CCTS has REJECTED Public Mobiles OBJECTION to my COMPLAINT!

IMG_0463.jpeg

fixin

@Boki wrote:

@hTideGnow wrote:

But the only good news is that we can still have 5% back with points, still better than other without rewards. 

When I was working in gold mines somewhere far away we did not get water nor food until we came back to barracks at around 10pm. And every day at 4am we got 20 lashes just as reminder to be happy we had some job. Any job.

Then new menagement came; they posted posters showing rivers, nice cold water and tables full of glorious food at the entrance to mines. Very stimulating! And, by the way, number of lashes has been lowerd 50% to 10. That was great life while it lasted.

Amazing 5% for all loyalty and bs wwe have to manage with pubicm.

how about fixing **bleep** credit card issue? how about making us/can plan really working for ecverybody who paid for it? shoud I dp on? Yes, we have to be greateful for crumbs.....

@Boki - PM has no control over 3G in the USA. Only their roaming partners do (T-Mobile & AT&T) but at least they still have 2G to fall back on incase of no VoLTE support.

Even the coverage is T-Mobile & AT&T's, Public Mobile has no say on where to put the towers.

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@hTideGnow wrote:

But the only good news is that we can still have 5% back with points, still better than other without rewards. 

When I was working in gold mines somewhere far away we did not get water nor food until we came back to barracks at around 10pm. And every day at 4am we got 20 lashes just as reminder to be happy we had some job. Any job.

Then new menagement came; they posted posters showing rivers, nice cold water and tables full of glorious food at the entrance to mines. Very stimulating! And, by the way, number of lashes has been lowerd 50% to 10. That was great life while it lasted.

Amazing 5% for all loyalty and bs wwe have to manage with pubicm.

how about fixing **bleep** credit card issue? how about making us/can plan really working for ecverybody who paid for it? shoud I dp on? Yes, we have to be greateful for crumbs.....

HI @kb_mv 

no one claim he or she is a lawyer, but all sound like a lawyer themselves.  If everyone here has so much legal knowledge and can win this case, I wonder how much Telus is paying for their Legal team, maybe they should make a announcement post to recruit "talent" here 🤣🤣😀

GDOGP

What good is this bonus data to me when I don't even use a fraction of my monthly data now?

@IanP wrote:

I am no lawyer or professional contract examiner.

But:

Is this a contract or service agreement we have with PM? I would argue that it is a contract not for 30 days but open-ended as we have a credit card firmly in place to keep the agreement valid, and rewards were inferred as part of the agreement. 

I am probably missing the point but food for thought.

@IanP it is a 30 day contract with PM.  By you agreeing to autopay that if you agreeing to a new 30 day Contract

Wolfcore

This doesn't look like a text message though, was it? Or was this an email? Regardless, 99% of big tech sells your data. You agree to this when you use their services. So whether that's browsing google, inputting your phone number into various sites, you being an old Videotron subscriber, etc, they have your info, and they sell it. Who knows exactly where they got your number, but where did the duct cleaning guys get our number too? Your information is out there, and people are able to grab/buy it.

They may not even necessarily know that you're dealing with this PM stuff, and may be interested in their services, but rather, they've just stepped up their advertising due to the outrage with PM here, and all of the new clients they've been picking up in general (due to their new beta testing in the GTA). So they're just sending out these massages en masse, to every number they can afford to. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@eyes That's a good question as to how they got your number. I wonder if they have a robo dialer sending to blocks that they know are PM? And I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to take advantage of discontent here.

eyes

For some strange reason I am  solicited by FIZ offering 20 GB data plus unlimited voice and texts for a total of $14.95 HOWEVER noticed at the bottom of their message that this price is only for 6 months afterwards it will be increased to $29.  Wonder how did they get my number and is it possible they’re capitalizing on the discontentment of PM account holders?

eyes_0-1711485210106.png

Need Help? Let's chat.