Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,434 REPLIES 5,434

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Alveeto wrote:

I received an e-mail from Michael (Escalations Public Mobile) but he addressed the e-mail to CCTS. And says at the end, "Public Mobile awaits the CCTS’ decision in regards to the objection of this matter."
Does he think I'm CCTS? Can I tell him to reverse their decision or I will hand down heavy penalties and fines? haha.

Tell him a mob of upset PM legacy reward customers will soon descend upon his office and give him purple herbies and a pink belly until he cries “Uncle”

RetiredGuy1

@mikasik2 wrote:

@joe77 wrote:

Just noticed that we now have access to the 20GB, $29 plan.

Winback?

Or a litmus test to gauge 5G plans popularity without loyalty discounts?

ily
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You mind sharing which provider that is?

joe77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No, just an available option for all of us. I was actually about to downgrade to the $25 plan when I saw it listed as well.

mikasik2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@joe77 wrote:

Winback?

ily

@unloyalpmuser wrote:

These changes suck. you just lost my loyalty of several years. Ironic, cuz what pissed me off the most about all of this is how PM wants to spin this in a positive light as if my bill isn't going to increase by several dollars. Well, they are right, it's actually gonna decrease because I just downgraded my plan to the lowest possible ($15) to partner with the free data... fair to say, I will spend the next 5 months looking for a new provider.

I got bad news for you 😞 If by free data you mean the expiring gift, you lose it when you downgrade your plan unfortunately. On the bright side, you won't have to wait 5 months to switch to a better provider after all.

fixin

@joe77 - I just looked on iPhone in Canada and it shows that... they didn't announce the $34 50GB Canada - US plan being available to all also. Even hiding the expiry dates & new plans with no announcement.

joe77

Yes, so strange that they didn't even announce it.

fixin

@joe77 - WHAT???? That may save 100X of peoples lives with THIS announcement!

fixin

@Alveeto - He is probably just saying that he is awaiting the CCTS's response and will go back to respond to you.

Also CCTS email addresses are @ccts-cprst.ca domains.

joe77

Calder
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The current loyalty/reward program is the only thing that sets Public mobile apart from all the other flanker/discount brands. Even the flagship brands like Bell are putting out offers that compete with Public anymore. I will be gone with my 3 phones when these changes come through. Please don't do this Public Mobile. Squeezing people when they are already hurting like this makes you evil. I'm not cool with that, and clearly by reading the several thousand comments in this thread I'm not alone in that. Oh well. Corporate greed wins again. Add Telus to my list of companies I won't deal with. 

Alveeto

I received an e-mail from Michael (Escalations Public Mobile) but he addressed the e-mail to CCTS. And says at the end, "Public Mobile awaits the CCTS’ decision in regards to the objection of this matter."
Does he think I'm CCTS? Can I tell him to reverse their decision or I will hand down heavy penalties and fines? haha.

colleeno

Just be aware that your recent Bonus data gift will be removed if you downgrade your plan.

unloyalpmuser

These changes suck. you just lost my loyalty of several years. Ironic, cuz what pissed me off the most about all of this is how PM wants to spin this in a positive light as if my bill isn't going to increase by several dollars. Well, they are right, it's actually gonna decrease because I just downgraded my plan to the lowest possible ($15) to partner with the free data... fair to say, I will spend the next 5 months looking for a new provider.

@eyes wrote:

Maybe a positive to the point system is that reward points are accumulated giving us the option to cash them as we see fit at a later date.

I don't see that as a benefit. There is no interest given on points balance, nor has Public Mobilie ever had any type of bonus points upon redemption events that the points would need to be saved up for. I know that that are add-ons that could purchased using points (at a discount), but if generally if a customer is on a plan that fits usage patterns, add-ons are often of very little use.

RetiredGuy1

@Korth_ wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

You better take a lap and start treating people with some respect.

I do agree.

But I'm sure you recognize that people are going to naturally view "Public Mobile Community Oracles" with some suspicion when Public Mobile is unpopular. Everything you say (or don't say) will be carefully scrutinized for vulnerabilities.

Especially when emotions are running high. There is a lot of anger directed against Public Mobile (and Telus) right now.

(And especially when there is also a lack of intelligence, restraint, or respect.)

Hi @Korth_  - it was this post I assumed triggered him and, just to be clear, I’m not defending his posts whatsoever

* edited post to also make clear this was not directed at @ShawnC13 as he was responding to the poster in question and Korth was responding to Shawn

RetiredGuy1

@Yatti4201 wrote:
  • PAP $6 (Im currently on quarterly) 
  • $9.00 Loyalty 
    No referral. 
  • I thought my loyalty was due to increase or was a little higher. 
102 cost. 
87 was indicated amount. 

Moving to the same data/speed now $29 per month from the $34 on my may renewal date. 

It appears you are a 3+ year subscriber with PM to be receiving $6 auto-pay and $9 loyalty rewards on a quarterly plan. So, a total discount of $60 per year. As @Wolfcore pointed out, the $29 plan will provide $27.40 each and every year as there is no longer any incremental increase for remaining loyal. Your idea that “your loyalty was due to increase or was a little higher” was true under the old program (ie annual discount increased to $72 on your 4th anniversary and then $84 on your fifth). But now, they’re moving us to the new program “in order to offer us greater value” That’s PM’s logic at work.

Korth_

@RetiredGuy1 wrote:

I believe he is referring to @Korth_ who, of course, is not a mod (or a mood either😂 - sorry @ShawnC13 I couldn’t resist poking fun at your typo). Just to be clear, I’m not wading into the debate but just pointing out where it likely originated

lol, I'm not sure how my name got dropped into the conversation.

But tracing back through the path of replies shows me an angry, ranting customer lashing out at anyone who bothers to get close.

I do indeed have opinions about how that kind of behaviour reflects on intelligence. But I haven't stated them here.

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's exactly what it is, yeah. That's why there are so many disgruntled customers. What's even worse, is that PM is telling us that they're moving us to this new system in order to offer us greater value. They're blatantly lying to us over and over again, they're shameless.

staticcory_0-1711061616274.png

Yatti4201

Its' even worse then I thought if that is truly what the reward threshold is. I'll be gone by June.

Yatti4201

They are likely extremely oversuscribed and this spreads out people to Koodo and Telus which I am sure are about to launch the best deals around. Then people who truly leave will lessen the network load etc.

ashishg1

This decision by PM has been an amazing marketing for all providers other than PM. Way to go from one of the best providers to the worst. Almost seems like its done on purpose to get rid of subscribers and then close off PM

Public_Cust_17

@Grinch   here's an independent review I found regarding them. It's comparing 5G but should give you an idea about the company.. https://mobilesyrup.com/2023/10/26/testing-freedom-mobile-5g-network-canada/

JDBlue1966

Haven't seen anything bad  about them. Plus, you can always move to another provider, if needed. The saving is well worth it. 

Grinch

@JDBlue1966 wrote:

That is better. IMG_8472.jpeg

Wow. The $149 plan is $12.43 a month. And based on my current use for the past decade ….. is perfect. 
But can Freedom be trusted? 

Wolfcore

Oh yeah, Bell sent me one of these too, pretty great deal if you need a lot of data, but really just that. The plan is very basic outside of that. No US roaming for the data, no US calling, only text is international, etc. So it's really only a good plan if you never leave Canada, and you need 100GB for some odd reason. If you don't need 100GB, you're better off just paying less money, for less data. 

on2wheels

Just got an offer from my internet provider for 100GB a month for $40, shareable data too, whatever that means.

J_PM are you still getting notifications about this thread?

RetiredGuy1

Yep, wasn’t disputing the savings but just wanting to clarify the timing of the application of the anniversary points

Wolfcore

Yeah, give or take. But if you're starting fresh, my math would be correct. Regardless, still $27.40 year (except for the first year I guess, depending how PM handles the anniversary date)

Need Help? Let's chat.