Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,434 REPLIES 5,434

Would that be Justin 😂 ?

… and yes, even though members seemingly attack each other on these threads, face-to-face they’re likely closer to being on the same page than otherwise.

A lot gets lost in translation.

TECHRANG3R
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@hTideGnow @HALIMACS 

I think the purpose of this thread has become a series of statements by until now - 'loyal' PM customers indicating their discontent with this change, explaining in some cases how it affects them, and also explaining the potential consequences for their relationship with PM.  Indicating that there is no point to this exercise, that PM can do whatever they want legally and essentially trying to quiet the masses is counterproductive.  Customers communicating their satisfaction or lack thereof with their service is critical to a business relationship and trying to quell that communication is a disservice to everyone! 

Please keep in mind there are likely many customers that are still not aware or do not understand the consequences of this change and therefore seeing similar situations and experiences by their fellow community members is very helpful.

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@HALIMACS True enough (again). Thats always the challenge of written over verbal (or ideally, face-to-face) communication in that the nuance and/or context often is missing. Honestly, there is only  one “common enemy” here and I’m sure we all agree that it starts with a “P” and ends with a “M”. 

Yes, re your comment, “being 100% against the change and now trying to find a compromised solution. Both can be true at the same time.”

That makes sense @RetiredGuy1 , and I never doubted that view.

I guess it’s just that my perception of the posts [and maybe I’m misinterpreting the intent of the user(s) writing them ] was that if there’s any sense of compromise, then that person is clearly an agent of, or siding with Public Mobile. 

Public_Cust_17
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

"we could leave it up to the staff at Public Mobile to moderate the thread.."

@HALIMACS   Yeah, I'm not liking how that'd play out at all.

RetiredGuy1

@HALIMACS True enough. Perhaps the Oracles would be more appropriate. With the thread remaining open, it allows those whose post is deleted an opportunity to respond to that action as well. 

That’s a good point @Public_Cust_17 👍

Re @RetiredGuy1 point, yes, we could leave it up to the staff at Public Mobile to moderate the thread, however, then they get to choose what’s valuable to them and what isn’t.

I might think they could be a little Jaded, pardon the pun to J_PM  😉

eyes

@hTideGnow wrote:

hi @Public_Cust_17 then let me tell you something that those government bodies supposed to have a say, Rogers used to have something call First Rewards and It was shutdown in 2015.  Their Communities didn't have a say to stop Rogers from dropping that.  Yeah, you will probably say it was too long ago and does not count 

Hi hTideGnow  Have noticed that usually you do take posts off topic that does clutter and confuse the OP posting ---- ---- I wonder as to why our dedicates Oracles have not noticed this yet.

Public_Cust_17

@RetiredGuy1  a very good point! If this post had been locked say 2 days ago I never would been able to share what I read yesterday, on BNN Bloomberg, about the meetings with mobile industry CEO's and the email address I found that enabled me to email them (with the email I posted here yesterday) regarding our dissatisfaction with the legacy rewards decision.

public_999
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The thing I find the most offputting at this point is the fact that none of the powers that be at Public Mobile have addressed the outpouring of complaints; it's so disrespectful.

RetiredGuy1

@HALIMACS wrote:

Fully agree @kb_mv 

there’s a lot of emotions on here

I still believe there are some who are misinterpreting other peoples views and inserting their own views, suggesting what the other person intends by their statements.

Whether it’s intentional or not, I’m uncertain.

But I do agree, locking this thread probably serves everyone’s best interests, however, it would certainly be nice if Public Mobile management would do all these users the courtesy of addressing many of the points herein before doing so.

As an old fart, I’ll use the following old expression: “don’t throw out the baby with the bathwater”. In this case, rather than lock the thread to the whole community and prevent any further good ideas that may be brought forward, the mods could simply delete the unnecessary personal-attack type posts.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

I think PM should stop doing things half measured and grow a set . Just get rid of point system too . Stop the gimmicks get rid of the community rewards also . And just provide its customers with decent priced plans would that be to hard to do . 

Public_Cust_17

@hTideGnow  have I not made it abundantly clear to you that your Opinion means very little to me.. I do not roll over and just accept things I don't agree with.  My attempt to sway PM may result in nothing being achieved BUT if every pissed off customer does the same then there just might be a chance that something changes.. now go away boy ya bother me!

Edited by ShawnC: @Public_Cust_17  and all others further comments like this will have the post removed.  There is no need for such comments and they add nothing to this thread, their only purpose is to create further conflict.

Fully agree @kb_mv 

there’s a lot of emotions on here

I still believe there are some who are misinterpreting other peoples views and inserting their own views, suggesting what the other person intends by their statements.

Whether it’s intentional or not, I’m uncertain.

But I do agree, locking this thread probably serves everyone’s best interests, however, it would certainly be nice if Public Mobile management would do all these users the courtesy of addressing many of the points herein before doing so.

Public_Cust_17

@kb_mv  I would like upset customers to use the opportunity to complain to PM and subsequently the CCTS and the CRTC as well as The Standing Committee on Industry and Technology (E-mail: INDU@parl.gc.ca) who are currently in discussion with industry ceo's regarding their pricing policies.

If PM locks this thread I encourage anyone reading it to search out that information contained in here.... I also believe that when customers get the cost of their bills increased in May, is when most will react. Cheers

HI @HALIMACS 

i need to restate my stance, I don't like the plan change myself.  I am affected, $7 more for every single account I manage.  I agree the data bonus with only 150 days expiry is not sufficient to make us 

I just see it disturbing seeing some of the top posters here  have forgotten the fact that things can change.   Customers tend to think saving is everything and they can ignore the rights of other

and Yes, I try be be not with "them" and see what the "President" will  do 🙂

RetiredGuy1

@HALIMACS wrote:

Yup @hTideGnow 

I find it curious that certain members on this forum would stoop to the levels they have in demonstrations of a sort of superiority complex by minimizing (even twisting and ridiculing) other users participation and views.

It strikes me of what a US President once exclaimed, “if you’re not with us, you’re against us”.  

It’s one thing to disagree, it’s another thing to agree to disagree, and it’s whole other thing to shoot down other people because their views do not align with yours. 

Yet those same members who were 100% committed against this change now even find themselves seeking a compromised solution.

I just wish we could all get along because I do wholeheartedly believe we’re all looking to simply retain the legacy rewards and have Public Mobile realize the unfairness and impact this decision is having on their most loyal, and vulnerable, customers.

Well said and I agree with this except the bit about being 100% against the change and now trying to find a compromised solution. Both can be true at the same time. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

Honestly I think the time has come for PM to lock this thread. Belittling people back and forth, blaming the other person, they started it.... and lest you think I am talking about the other person, I am looking at you too.

I don' think anything new will appear on this thread. Management knows people are upset. Let's lock it and move on to something else.

Public_Cust_17

I just wish we could all get along because I do wholeheartedly believe we’re all looking to simply retain the legacy rewards and have Public Mobile realize the unfairness and impact this decision is having on their most loyal, and vulnerable, customers.

@HALIMACS  I agree wholeheartedly with your point and I sure as hell don't need someone to help me with "my logical thinking" (if that isn't an attempt at ridiculing, I don't know what is) when all I'm hearing out of them is "that it is what it is, can't change it" bend over and be thankful PM is using lube as they give it to you.. Being "monitored" and badgered by a very argumentative "Mayor"  because I disagree with that opinion and will continue to do so.. strikes me as an attempt to shut me up.... spoiler alert, that's probably not going to happen!

I would like to retain the legacy rewards for myself as well as all other legacy customers and I do believe this decision is unfairly impacting PM's most vulnerable customers as I stated in my email to The Standing Committee on Industry and Technology (E-mail: INDU@parl.gc.ca) who are currently meeting with industry top management to discuss industry pricing policies. I encourage all unhappy customers to do the same as I believe it can only help in having an impact in making that goal a reality or at very least bringing the issue to light.  Cheers

hi @Public_Cust_17 then let me tell you something that those government bodies supposed to have a say, Rogers used to have something call First Rewards and It was shutdown in 2015.  Their Communities didn't have a say to stop Rogers from dropping that.  Yeah, you will probably say it was too long ago and does not count 

RetiredGuy1

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@RetiredGuy1 wrote:

@hTideGnow 

Perhaps generally speaking, some plans have come down in price when taking a multi-year snapshot. Of course, as a general statement, most would agree a lot were outrageously expensive back then so they really had no choice but to rein in some control on price points.

I’m referring to current market conditions. For, example PM’s recent promo of $34 for 50 GB 5G Can-US has ended and was effectively replaced with the current $39 for 60 GB 5G Can-US. So, in that example the price increased. This example is what I mean by the perception of better value (oh look, for only $5 I get 10 GB more). This is the approach PM (and all others really) are taking to capitalize on the FOMO attitude of customers while, at the same time, increase their ARPU.

Plans have definitely gone down over the 7 years I have been here.  I was on a 90 day plan but it was basically $40 for 4GB and that was WAY cheaper than anything out there at the time.  It was a true indrustry disrupting plan the Famous 2016 Fall Promo.  I actually thought I would never leave it lol but now $34 for 50GB Can/US

I did acknowledge that in the past this has happened in some cases. As you didn’’t comment on my second point regarding current market trends, I’ll assume you agree on that. Cheers.

eyes

As he stated - he’s taken the mission of spending countless hours monitoring posts in order to help us improve our logical thinking. 

Michael6666

It's all relative.

Amazon built itself up without maximizing shareholder profits in the short run. They are now massive and didn't nickel and dime their customers.

There's the quarterly investor and the long term investor. The long term investor doesn't want to lose loyal customers which have high margins as they don't need maintenance.

At this point, I'm 100% certain to leave once this change happens. I've been with public mobile since I had my first ZTE phone with unlimited data and very restricted zones (except for when the koodo offer was send to get us off the fall promo plan).

The loyalty program was innovative and locked customers in. They're gambling with fixed revenue and bottom line profits.. 

eyes

WOW! Thanks for stating that you are monitoring our posts and responding in order to help us improve our logical thinking. 

Yup @hTideGnow 

I find it curious that certain members on this forum would stoop to the levels they have in demonstrations of a sort of superiority complex by minimizing (even twisting and ridiculing) other users participation and views.

It strikes me of what a US President once exclaimed, “if you’re not with us, you’re against us”.  

It’s one thing to disagree, it’s another thing to agree to disagree, and it’s whole other thing to shoot down other people because their views do not align with yours. 

Yet those same members who were 100% committed against this change now even find themselves seeking a compromised solution.

colleeno

@Public_Cust_17 wrote:

@hTideGnow  Mr. S.S.R.  Honestly, your constant restating of your opinions is boring and many times it's been stated in replies that Starbucks is not overseen by the CRTC or the CCTS as well as The Standing Committee on Industry and Technology (E-mail: INDU@parl.gc.ca) which are currently meeting with mobile carriers regarding their pricing policies.  You're obviously drinking the PM koolaid all day every day and I don't agree with your opinions so keep sharing those ad nauseam and make sure you're on the top percent of the community and you get rewarded for being a good little customer..

What exactly is the point of your reply.. except to restate your opinion, once again, and let me know "You're monitoring my posts"... like I care!

There are quite a few subscribers in this thread, including yourself, constantly restating their opinions. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@eyes wrote:

Would anyone invest in a public traded company and not expect maximum possible profits?

@eyes they shouldn't.

Public_Cust_17

@hTideGnow  Mr. S.S.R.  Honestly, your constant restating of your opinions is boring and many times it's been stated in replies that Starbucks is not overseen by the CRTC or the CCTS as well as The Standing Committee on Industry and Technology (E-mail: INDU@parl.gc.ca) which are currently meeting with mobile carriers regarding their pricing policies.  You're obviously drinking the PM koolaid all day every day and I don't agree with your opinions so keep sharing those ad nauseam and make sure you're on the top percent of the community and you get rewarded for being a good little customer..

What exactly is the point of your reply.. except to restate your opinion, once again, and let me know "You're monitoring my posts"... like I care!

Michael6666

Let's look at their current marketing.. 

100% Surprise-Free

Know what you’re getting from the get-go. With a variety of options as unique as you are, subscribe to the plan that’s right for you and get the features you want, like unlimited data, with cost-certainty you can depend on.

Need Help? Let's chat.