Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,466 REPLIES 5,466

jimbobs2023
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@eyes wrote:

I have started a new post regarding the following idea - please forgive me for the dublication-

It is inevitable that the old reward system will end replaced with the point system. 
The Data bonus that would expire after 5 months is a nice gesture but useless to most. 
Perhaps a reasonable and very duable compromise may be to ask PM  instead of the data bonus to give us a reasonable account point bonus.

Does anyone agree that it would be a reasonable compromise and very duable request to ask for a point bonus instead of the offered data bonus?t

Don't agree with that this is necessarily inevitable.  If there is sufficient pushback, PM may back off their current plan.  

Having said that, if indeed PM stick to their plan, almost any change will be an improvement over the current proposal.

HI @aj48 

are you on the $15 plan?  Yes, that plan got hit hard the most if you don't have enough friend referral to help

and yes, that is not a popular decision.   😞

aj48
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My bill will be approx 50% more with the new system, all of  the the referrals etc.. . As soon as the competition has a slightly better deal I think pm will be losing many customers.

G_Pomzz
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, any permanent or recurring type of loyalty bonus would be appreciated. The data bonus with an expiration date is literally useless to 95% of us. I still have bonus data on my account I'll probably never use. Or, just let the long term loyal customers keep their present rewards intact if they so choose!!

That would be the ultimate goodwill gesture but I fear this all falls on deaf ears. The decision has been made & love it or leave it 😭

@JDBlue1966 wrote:

I haven't been given the 250gb? Do I have to ask for them?

@JDBlue1966 It will be put in your account by the end of the month. 

JDBlue1966

I haven't been given the 250gb? Do I have to ask for them?

Soon-ex-PM-user
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

1000031399.png

💯 agreed of all your points. Hate it when company think we're stupid.

They gave me bonus 250gb recently.  Seriously what can I do with the lame expiring bonus data ?  Public Mobile  is   selling 1 GB for $15 as per their add-on option.  In order to compromise and if PM is serious in compensating fairly to its loyal customers, why don't they give us say 1gb for $1  or 250 points in my case?

The $1 for 1gb is my arbitrary number but surely PM can come up with a reasonable compensation number. 

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kb_mv 

Bingo. As has been posted, Telus shareholders are apparently taking a beating as inflation is eroding the company’s profits. Why, times are so tough - I saw a help wanted sign the other day asking long-haired, freaky people to apply! (@hTideGnow - no need to reply - that was a joke)

@golfball wrote:

They had such a bonus and deliberately removed it a few days before the announcement of the rewards change. There must be a reason they did that.

@golfball They did it so they wouldn't have to give us the points which eventually convert to money, thus costing the company. I don't believe the free expiring data costs them anything. They have the metrics/stats on how much data each user uses compared to what plan they are on and as my dad used to say "dollars to donuts" (whatever that means) Pm knows it won't cost them anything to be (in their minds) generous.

golfball

They had such a bonus and deliberately removed it a few days before the announcement of the rewards change. There must be a reason they did that.

RetiredGuy1

@hTideGnow I’m aware but I’m tired of spending more for data that I will never use

HI @RetiredGuy1 

PM has a $29, $5 difference but way more data, also on 4G.  You get $1.45 off (but in Points) discount as well

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/on/activation/plans/20GB-4Gspeed5

RetiredGuy1

If Lucky opens that up for Ontario, it would be attractive for those looking for a 4G plan on a reliable network for <$25 with a few Gigs tossed in (comme moi)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@eyes wrote:

I have started a new post regarding the following idea - please forgive me for the dublication-

It is inevitable that the old reward system will end replaced with the point system. 
The Data bonus that would expire after 5 months is a nice gesture but useless to most. 
Perhaps a reasonable and very duable compromise may be to ask PM  instead of the data bonus to give us a reasonable account point bonus.

Does anyone agree that it would be a reasonable compromise and very duable request to ask for a point bonus instead of the offered data bonus?t

HI @eyes 

it's a great idea!! and I agree so much.  You just need to present your great proposal  to the board of PM executive.  Please start by  submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  

If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

RetiredGuy1

@mikasik2 wrote:

I haven't pooped in 2 weeks due to the stress this has caused.

This takes unwanted data to a whole new level 😂

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @kb_mv 

you  can click on Usage breakdown right under the usage meter to see the actual usage for your current cycle

@hTideGnow I am aware thanks.

@kb_mv wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

They’re only incompatible with the unlimited 5G plans?

Thanks for clarifying that @golfball ; indeed that’s good information to have. 🙂

@HALIMACS The new app shows usage when you first open it and now includes all data available so mine shows more than my plan data as I am on a Can-US plan.

HI @kb_mv 

you  can click on Usage breakdown right under the usage meter to see the actual usage for your current cycle

@HALIMACS wrote:

Thanks for clarifying that @golfball ; indeed that’s good information to have. 🙂

@HALIMACS The new app shows usage when you first open it and now includes all data available so mine shows more than my plan data as I am on a Can-US plan.

Michael6666

22$ for 5gb at lucky now for Québec.

Things are heating up again

golfball

The data add-ons are compatible with 5G plans that feature US roaming as well. They are only incompatible if you have unlimited data.

golfball

If you're talking about the newest data bonus given for switching to the points rewards you can only keep it if your new plan is of equal or greater value. Older bonus add-ons should stay.

Stelawrat

@HALIMACS wrote:

Yes you do, @Stelawrat 

Gifted or free items remain on the account.

Promotional items which may have been contingent on the plan at activation, may be withdrawn.

Bear in mind, if you have data buckets which were for use on 3G/4G plans, they are incompatible with 5G plans, and while they will remain on the account, they won’t be able to be consumed with the 5G plan selection.

Thank you! Re: 4G vs 5G & my post about 5G in general, one of the most interesting facts was the misconception people had about their handsets vs their plans, or at least what appears to be a misconception. 

Stelawrat_0-1710765931756.pnghttps://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Some-Interesting-Facts-Regarding-5G-Plans/...

Take care now. o/

@Stelawrat to add to what @HALIMACS posted, if you have already received the "free" data in conjunction with this announcement, I believe if you change plans you will lose that.

Yes you do, @Stelawrat 

Gifted or free items remain on the account.

Promotional items which may have been contingent on the plan at activation, may be withdrawn.

Bear in mind, if you have data buckets which were for use on 3G/4G plans, they are incompatible with 5G plans, and while they will remain on the account, they won’t be able to be consumed with the 5G plan selection.

Stelawrat

When changing plans with PM, could someone who has done so please advise, do we keep our previous years of gifted data & minutes, regardless of the plan cost? Thank you! o/

Probably could be , @dabr . 

The suggestion I was trying to make is it's only a very small percentage of the actual legacy customer base who will take the time, or have to know-how, to even post their displeasure on this forum.

I remain curious, however, how many Legacy Reward customers still have service here. 

mikasik2

I haven't pooped in 2 weeks due to the stress this has caused.

marcnoel

Since references to other carriers' offerings are currently still viewable on here, here's what I just experienced.  I got a Fizz Mobile SIM card with a new number, to try while waiting to see what happens when the Points transition occurs.  No contracts, so I just had to pay for the card and one month.  Got the Beta tester plan of 20 GB for $ 14.50/month for six months (half-price).  They have rollover data for two months, and data gifting to other subscribers.  Worked fine in my wife's Galaxy S23 Ultra, then I put the card in my Galaxy Note 9.  Can't get data to work.  I read on their site that phones need to be VoLTE capable, but it appeared like it would work until 3G was discontinued.  Nuh-uh.  I have a Note 20 Ultra in reserve, and I would be forced to use it with Fizz, but my 9 still works fine.  Disappointing, but, with the lowest discount via PM points, it would still be cheaper to stay with PM than Fizz after a certain period.  Fizz has that main network and partnered network thing that Freedom has, and it spooks me, because of the possibility of service fluctuating as I move around in day-to-day travels.  PM signal is almost perfectly consistent, except, there are times at home where I don't get a call, just a voice-mail notification, even though I can make calls and send/receive texts (!?).  Anyway, from what I saw in Fizz Rewards, you can get a maximum of $ 4.00 off per month, but it looks like it would take 400 years to get there.  Also, you can get $ 25.00 for a referral, but that appears to be it.  They do give a maximum of 2.75 GB free data every month, but it takes years to get to the maximum.  Additionally, I had thought about getting my wife the 20 GB plan and myself the 50, which would be $ 5.00 cheaper per month than two 50s at PM, but, aside from the 50% Beta discount for six months, overall expense would be higher after a while.  I love the idea of gifting and rollover data, but it takes three months to get up to maximum rollover speed.  If PM had the 20 GB for $ 29.00 plan for current subscribers, I'd switch my wife, because she has shown she doesn't need 50 GB.

One nice thing was that, when I unsubscribed from Fizz after three days, they refunded my plan payment in full.  I'm only out the price of the SIM.

What to do, what to do?  Dooby-dooby-do.

@Public_Cust_17 wrote:

@HALIMACS  I was just saying, in my cheeky way.. it's probably only the top 10% or something like that who would get rewarded.

It is only a certain percentage that earn rewards no matter what.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.