Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,600 REPLIES 5,600

kyle12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Aehmttw wrote:

Ooooo and reading these offers I just saw today. It looks like these specials are not just for new customers! Anyone that doesn't want to switch, cause it can be a hassle, lookie! the 34-dollar plan? It matches the 45-dollar plan I have now, that I pay 39 dollars for with the discounts. That seems really good! Hope that helps too! 

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans?network=PROMOTION

Except for the $29 and $24 plans. Crazy coincidence that it's only the lower priced plans that are available to new activations only

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sadly, that only used to be true. Nowadays a single donut costs more than a dollar

HI @K-froze basically yes.  But you can only redeem for $15  after you collected 15 points

Agree , dumb (& gullible, trusting, & naive)

They, like politicians, bank on it routinely.

@K-froze wrote:

Great, so my current bill discount of $6 per month ($2 autopay, $4 loyalty) will be:

> 5% on $34 = 1.7 points per month (assuming you can only use whole points)
> 10 anniversary points every 12 months
= $2 discount per month, which I will have to MANUALLY use instead of it being automatically deducted.

I'm only making this post because I need to in order to submit my CCTS complaint. This is how you treat customers who have been with PM for years? All because someone in a corner office thinks they're not making enough money. I WILL be shopping around for a new provider. It's the principle of the matter.

@K-froze Why would posting on a public forum be needed to file a complaint with CCTS? Are you sure it's not communication between you and PM customer service that is required ie: a ticket or private message? 

Public_Cust_17
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kb_mv  "dollars to donuts", my dad use to say that too.. I never knew what it meant either. Now I do!   LOL

The idea behind the shorthand phrase dollars to doughnuts is the sentiment that the speaker is so confident that he is right about something, he will put forth his dollars against the listener’s doughnuts in a wager, the dollars having much higher value than the doughnuts.

K-froze
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great, so my current bill discount of $6 per month ($2 autopay, $4 loyalty) will be:

> 5% on $34 = 1.7 points per month (assuming you can only use whole points)
> 10 anniversary points every 12 months
= $2 discount per month, which I will have to MANUALLY use instead of it being automatically deducted.

I'm only making this post because I need to in order to submit my CCTS complaint. This is how you treat customers who have been with PM for years? All because someone in a corner office thinks they're not making enough money. I WILL be shopping around for a new provider. It's the principle of the matter.

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You're not giving them enough credit. Even they don't think it's generous; they're smarter than that. They just think people are dumb enough to believe it is.

marcnoel

You're welcome.

Victoria, BC.  Sorry, I didn't think to specify.

Public_Cust_17

@Scamp  Rogers bought Shaw which included as part of that deal that Freedom be sold which was how they became part of Videotron.. I don't think Rogers would now be able to turn around and buy Videotron as they had to split this off from Shaw to maintain an air of *cough cough* competitiveness in the Canadian wireless market. 

I attempted to read your link and received a "404 - Not found" error so not sure what happened there.

Hi @dverhey 

if you meant the existing bonus you got from last couple christmas, they don't have expiry

but your latest bonus from the retiring of the legacy plan, it has a 150 days expiry

and don't change plan to a less amount plan, you will loss that 150 days bonus, it said on the FAQ

Public_Cust_17

@marcnoel  Good  to hear some actual results, thanks for sharing with everyone. Can you share where you are located GTA, Ottawa, London, etc.  Cheers 🙂

dverhey

What happens to existing bonuses that had no expiry date? Will they be expired now too?

What happens if I change my plan before May? EG: take advantage of a current offer to upgrade?

Scamp
  • Great comments and for being thorough! Though, who is a fair deal Rogers…Bell?
  • Or https://videotron.com/en/mobile/cell-phone-plans, but when will they take bonus away? Rogers buys Videotron, - Videotron buys Freedom moblie April, 🤔
  • 🤞🏻Public reconsider to keeping some or our perks

jimbobs2023

@eyes wrote:

I have started a new post regarding the following idea - please forgive me for the dublication-

It is inevitable that the old reward system will end replaced with the point system. 
The Data bonus that would expire after 5 months is a nice gesture but useless to most. 
Perhaps a reasonable and very duable compromise may be to ask PM  instead of the data bonus to give us a reasonable account point bonus.

Does anyone agree that it would be a reasonable compromise and very duable request to ask for a point bonus instead of the offered data bonus?t

Don't agree with that this is necessarily inevitable.  If there is sufficient pushback, PM may back off their current plan.  

Having said that, if indeed PM stick to their plan, almost any change will be an improvement over the current proposal.

HI @aj48 

are you on the $15 plan?  Yes, that plan got hit hard the most if you don't have enough friend referral to help

and yes, that is not a popular decision.   😞

aj48

My bill will be approx 50% more with the new system, all of  the the referrals etc.. . As soon as the competition has a slightly better deal I think pm will be losing many customers.

G_Pomzz

Yes, any permanent or recurring type of loyalty bonus would be appreciated. The data bonus with an expiration date is literally useless to 95% of us. I still have bonus data on my account I'll probably never use. Or, just let the long term loyal customers keep their present rewards intact if they so choose!!

That would be the ultimate goodwill gesture but I fear this all falls on deaf ears. The decision has been made & love it or leave it 😭

@JDBlue1966 wrote:

I haven't been given the 250gb? Do I have to ask for them?

@JDBlue1966 It will be put in your account by the end of the month. 

JDBlue1966

I haven't been given the 250gb? Do I have to ask for them?

Soon-ex-PM-user
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

1000031399.png

💯 agreed of all your points. Hate it when company think we're stupid.

They gave me bonus 250gb recently.  Seriously what can I do with the lame expiring bonus data ?  Public Mobile  is   selling 1 GB for $15 as per their add-on option.  In order to compromise and if PM is serious in compensating fairly to its loyal customers, why don't they give us say 1gb for $1  or 250 points in my case?

The $1 for 1gb is my arbitrary number but surely PM can come up with a reasonable compensation number. 

RetiredGuy1

@kb_mv 

Bingo. As has been posted, Telus shareholders are apparently taking a beating as inflation is eroding the company’s profits. Why, times are so tough - I saw a help wanted sign the other day asking long-haired, freaky people to apply! (@hTideGnow - no need to reply - that was a joke)

@golfball wrote:

They had such a bonus and deliberately removed it a few days before the announcement of the rewards change. There must be a reason they did that.

@golfball They did it so they wouldn't have to give us the points which eventually convert to money, thus costing the company. I don't believe the free expiring data costs them anything. They have the metrics/stats on how much data each user uses compared to what plan they are on and as my dad used to say "dollars to donuts" (whatever that means) Pm knows it won't cost them anything to be (in their minds) generous.

golfball

They had such a bonus and deliberately removed it a few days before the announcement of the rewards change. There must be a reason they did that.

RetiredGuy1

@hTideGnow I’m aware but I’m tired of spending more for data that I will never use

HI @RetiredGuy1 

PM has a $29, $5 difference but way more data, also on 4G.  You get $1.45 off (but in Points) discount as well

https://subscribe.publicmobile.ca/en/on/activation/plans/20GB-4Gspeed5

RetiredGuy1

If Lucky opens that up for Ontario, it would be attractive for those looking for a 4G plan on a reliable network for <$25 with a few Gigs tossed in (comme moi)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@eyes wrote:

I have started a new post regarding the following idea - please forgive me for the dublication-

It is inevitable that the old reward system will end replaced with the point system. 
The Data bonus that would expire after 5 months is a nice gesture but useless to most. 
Perhaps a reasonable and very duable compromise may be to ask PM  instead of the data bonus to give us a reasonable account point bonus.

Does anyone agree that it would be a reasonable compromise and very duable request to ask for a point bonus instead of the offered data bonus?t

HI @eyes 

it's a great idea!! and I agree so much.  You just need to present your great proposal  to the board of PM executive.  Please start by  submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  

If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

RetiredGuy1

@mikasik2 wrote:

I haven't pooped in 2 weeks due to the stress this has caused.

This takes unwanted data to a whole new level 😂

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @kb_mv 

you  can click on Usage breakdown right under the usage meter to see the actual usage for your current cycle

@hTideGnow I am aware thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.