Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,374 REPLIES 5,374

ATHENS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry - I got it backwards --- please refer to my revised posting.

List of phones certified VoLTE with Fizz 

Apple

• iPhone 8 and 8 plus
  • iPhone X
  • iPhone XS and XS Max
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max
  • iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation)
  • iPhone 12 mini, 12, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max
  • iPhone 13 mini, 13, 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max
  • iPhone 14, 14 Plus, 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max
  • iPhone 15, 15 Plus, 15 Pro et 15 Pro Max

Wolfcore
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Who's referring these people though? That's the most important question. Is it the new customers, or the old customers?

I'd argue that there's no question it's the old loyal customers who are spreading the word. These are the people who built this company up and brought them their subscriber base. Up until this announcement I was still promoting this company, this is without me giving out a referral code or anything. I was just happy to promote a company like this who treated their customers fairly. 

The people on the old rewards system also had greater incentive in general to spread the word, because they'd get money automatically taken off their bill each month, whereas the new system is just points, and you need to stack them to meet a threshold, until eventually having to manually turn them in for a discount.

So yeah, if not for their customers (who they are now betraying), PM would not have very many customers signing up, as we're the main source of their promotion. If your argument is that new customers also have incentive to promote the company, don't forget that if they betray the old customers, the new customers will also see this, and it will have a ripple effect on their loyalty as well.

As for the 1 point for every 30 days you've been with PM idea, yeah, it would soften the blow, but people are smarter than that. They know a one-time reward isn't greater than their old rewards program. So most people still wouldn't be happy. Me personally, I'd just use their "free" points to get the free months of service that this would provide, and then leave.

shawnh29
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If they don't take this back and go through with it, I cannot recommend them to anyone now, I won't have much good to say about you guys anymore. I've been a loyal customer since 2017 and the "special" data bonus is just a slap in the face because most of us either have big enough data plans or don't use that much data. Also the fact that it expires in 150 days, like wow a second slap in the face. I have a 50gb plan so I'll never touch the bonus data. Just a huge blow I've been a big advocator for you guys for years, I'll finally start looking for a new carrier if they follow through with this. 

thanks @RevCo17  did you start this??

LTD2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Not going to that provider. $119 Yearly plan that partners with the big 3 'nationwide' when you're not on their network. My son has had them for years in mississauga with no problems.

hi @ATHENS there is no more 2G system.  Rogers might still have it but you don't got stuck on a 2G plan. LoL

Michael6666

Seriously?

They are videotron and now own freedom mobile. They work great in Quebec, but public mobile rewards always held me back being just slightly cheaper. 

They have loyalty rewards that reach 6$ per line, rollover data, cheap US plans, guaranteed prices if you don't change plan and even sharing data between accounts even to people you don't know through the community. It's clearly better if these changes go through.. And maybe even if they don't. TBD

LTD2023

Thank you. Signed and forwarded.

ATHENS

Be careful before jumping to another provider.  Their incentives may be short lived and may also have inferior service. For example Fizz mobile offers a $14.95 monthly plan but only for 6 months. and in addition their network may NOT be suitable for older phones.

List of phones certified VoLTE with Fizz 

Apple

• iPhone 8 and 8 plus
  • iPhone X
  • iPhone XS and XS Max
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max
  • iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation)
  • iPhone 12 mini, 12, 12 Pro and 12 Pro Max
  • iPhone 13 mini, 13, 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max
  • iPhone 14, 14 Plus, 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max
  • iPhone 15, 15 Plus, 15 Pro et 15 Pro Max

@RetiredGuy1, that is an interesting idea.  The only thing is that I am not sure (can never say never) that PM would want to get rid of the referral credit at this time.  Word of mouth is really their main driver for new customers.  They have recently had TV ads but it is still based on referrals for growth.  I know many will say that it will be hard to refer people here now with the Lgacy points gone but they have been gone for 2 years now and we are still seeing people sign up, so for some PM is still a better option.

I know it still sucks that the Legacy rewards are gone but if they still did the 1 point per every 30 day cycle you were with PM would have soften the blow and maybe retained some customers.  What costs them more using myself as an example giving me 87 points for my time here or paying $120 for a CCTS complaint?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

RevCo17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

https://www.change.org/p/preserve-legacy-rewards-for-public-mobile-subscribers

Please sign this petition and forward as much as possible. Thank you for your support. 

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I think a fairer approach would have been to keep the old rewards accumulated by legacy program clients but “freeze” their rewards status as of May. That way their bills would not increase while no further discounts would be applied going forward either. For those already receiving the max $5 loyalty the only impact would be no further referral rewards. PM could also  stipulate the client must stay on their current plan or upgrade to keep their rewards status. A change to a cheaper plan would result in a switch to the new rewards program.

LTD2023

I'm on the same plan as you. Already lost my referrals too. There are cheaper plans. One provider has a yearly 119 plan unlimited T&T and yearly 15g data. I posted this before but it was removed. 

@JennalynnFlesch, you are correct.  Each customer must contact PM customer service directly through the trouble ticket system to follow the proper procedures for a CCTS complaint.  I don't think just making a post with a statement in here would be accepted as contacting customer service to find a solution to the issue.  So you are on the right way forward

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ATHENS

Yes it's obvious that your conclusion is correct. -----------As I sometimes jokingly say – Recent inexperienced community college 3 month course graduates making stupid decisions.

JennalynnFlesch

I have begun a conversation with PM customer service manager Alexander, regarding this apparent change being forced on legacy users.  Here is my message to PM, (maybe everyone needs to begin with letting PM know we will not accept this change directly to Customer service); 

Good morning Alexander, 

I need to ask you to please clarify for me how this 'New Rewards Points' program will or will not affect my account.  I have the following agreement with PM, I get 1$ off my bill monthly for each year I have been with PM (Loyalty reward).  To this date that is $3, this June will be $4.  That means I should then have $4 off my bill monthly, as of June, 2024, for loyalty.  I get $3 off my bill for the 3 friends I signed up to PM monthly. I also get $2 off my bill monthly for autopay, as per PM.  So, for my regular bill of $25 per month, I get $8 dollars off per month= $17/month currently.  As of June, the bill should be $16/month.  

Please note that I do not agree to lose these rewards. They were promised by PM and I expect them to be honored moving forward.  Please advise, in detail that this will remain the case.

Should this become as issue for me as for many, many PM users, I will not likely be the only one filing a new complaint with the CCTS.

Thank you for getting back to me,

666Deicide

The friend savings are negated by the better price. Most of my rewards will disappear as most of my referrals are still on the old Rewards and will be leaving as well.

RevCo17

Please forward and add that you do not agree to these forced changes if you are impacted. The more exposure, allows more chance for CHANGE! Petition signed. 

Resources for help:

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/contact/

Pierre

Sad news for legacy customers like me... talk about a retention plan !!! 

dariovitale

It is not beneficial to the customers. Only beneficial to the company which they will regret as customers will be leaving. 

TECHRANG3R

Can someone explain to me this statement:

TECHRANG3R_0-1710337740406.png

How is the change to the new reward system providing "the best possible value to our subscribers"?  Previously, the old system would apply rewards automatically to the cost of my base service, providing me those extra dollars to purchase any services/add-ons I wanted.  Are there any services/add-ons that I can only purchase with points?  How is this adding extra flexibility? Also, as we discussed - the old reward system provided us more rewards(autopay, loyalty).  How does reducing/removing those rewards provide the subscribers "the best possible value"?  Isn't this an outright incorrect statement and a fraudulent claim?

These are the points I am making in my complaint and what I will raise with CCTS.

Thatsnasty
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Pretty disgusting masking a price increase as "new rewards", then force everyone who has been here and brought new customers in, onto it.
Who actually wants to login in here and spend their worse rewards, do you not value client's time at all?
With crappy business decisions like this, no wonder Telus' stock has dropped 30% in the last few years.

micagagne

Fizz is not available in the maritimes, but PC mobile looks interesting....

dariovitale

What **bleep**ing bull**bleep** customer treatment right down to the dollar / month when comparing the old legacy plan to the new points system that came out 2+ yrs ago. WE THE OLD CUSTOMERS were given the choice by TELUS to choose whether to switch to the new points program of not. WE SELECTED NOT TOO. Now TELUS, who made the agreement with us not too so long as we remain customers is now breaking that agreement which WILL result in switching to another provider. CANCEL THE OLD REWARDS PLAN = CUSTOMERS LEAVING PM = PM LESS REVENUE = RETARDED MANAGEMENT. 

Nikita4ever

I have been with public since 2013!  We love the old reward system.  Changing now would mean I lose the reward system. We are 6 people with public.   Giving us a reward that expire in 150 days to replace this reward system is ridiculous.   So if public mobile wants to charge super expensive and take away reward system that made it better the. Competition, I will move to fizz. At least it's cheaper and data rolls over to another month.   

Good bye public. I really vouched for you over the years. 

Public_Cust_17

To that point... PM is rewarding it's customers that can afford an expensive plan and shafting anyone on the lower cost plans with this % of bill rewards. So basically anyone who would be on a fixed budget like seniors or someone who barely gets by on what they make every month.. so disgusting!! I for one plan on complaining to the ccts and the crtc  https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaint-form/ and hope everyone else upset by this forced increase in cost does the same. 

JimRockford_PI

$161! I am missing something. I am only paying $15 a month. What kind of plan are you on for such an exorbitant monthly fee? 

hi @666Deicide , but check if you have any friend referrals saving monthly and do the math before you go.  You will still get the friend saving 

hi @Beacher_Mich 

so, you have some friend referrals saving as well?? the friend referrals is staying , at least

hi @DrPublic , yes, many unhappy legacy subscribers here 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.