Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,050 REPLIES 5,050

Adrian1224
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It was great being with PM, with this change, I'll be leaving for another provider.

You shouldn't change that for old customers.

VeryRealistic

It is not too late to stop this change.

Filing a complaint with CCTS regardless of the terms and conditions and everyone on the old rewards program should do the same.

This is my first post. Just to be able to answer "yes" for "Did you tell your service provider about the problem within 12 months of when it began?" and "Have you told your service provider about your complaint and given them a chance to solve it?" in CCTS. 

ninjastar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm happy with them. They have a few offers going on in regards to PC points and bonuses tied to PC points. $29 for 5g, 25gb Canada /US is more than enough for me. $5 more gets you 50gb. No long term commitment like Koodo 24 months... 

mikasik2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@colleeno wrote:

I have edited my post to “Rewards” from “Points”.

You can edit your post, but the image you posted looks like official TOS for the points program and not the old rewards program

ninjastar

Seriously, give it up. Your ex has left you. 

colleeno

I have edited my post to “Rewards” from “Points”.

waelrezk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1. The competition like freedom mobile has better pricing. Most likely you will lose the majority of your loyal customer including myself.

2. This is a self-service platform and it should be cheaper than the competition. Why would I subscribe to PM if there are better options?

3. I'll file a complaint with CCTS regardless of the terms and conditions and everyone on the old rewards program should do the same

4. Retention of loyal customer is a key to refer new customers. Loyal customers should be be rewarded more not taken away from them.

5. The bonus data is useless for the majority of the customers. I think the team that is running this campaign has no idea about what the customers need.

mikasik2

@colleeno wrote:

@S_PM wrote:

Hey Public Mobile,

This is ABSOLUTELY NOT acceptable. You can not change the RULE of the game as per your wish.

I will give you an opportunity to reverse this before my formally put forward a complaint to CRTC

I’m pretty sure complaints to any governing authority will not be relevant. I am in no way defending Public Mobile’s decision but they do have the right to terminate the Rewards program based on the wording in the Terms and Conditions.

But the old rewards system was not based on "points".  Did the old rewards system have a similar clause in its fine print?

colleeno

@S_PM wrote:

Hey Public Mobile,

This is ABSOLUTELY NOT acceptable. You can not change the RULE of the game as per your wish.

I will give you an opportunity to reverse this before my formally put forward a complaint to CRTC

I’m pretty sure complaints to any governing authority will not be relevant. I am in no way defending Public Mobile’s decision but they do have the right to terminate the Rewards program based on the wording in the Terms and Conditions.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 10.24.19 AM.png

LoL @mikasik2 

winback deal only after you left!!

but from What I know , PM never offer winback deals  😞

mikasik2

When win back deals?

tangpho

Been with PM since the Fall 2016 Promo, looks like I'll be porting my number along with my family's and referals as everyone I know has vented their disapproval, disappointment, and frustration.

PatrickCouturie

Also shopping around. Does PC Mobile looks good in compare to Lucky?

ninjastar

Yup. I've brought 11 accounts I originally referred here to PC Mobile over 5 days. Don't bite the hand that feeds. 

Dan21092

This is very disappointing. When the new rewards came out it was assured the old system would be untouched....but now, we get forced to the new system. Have much less incentive now to stay with Public Mobile.

David11

Once the change hit, I am changing provider, screw you.

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@S_PM - Ask CS_Agent before contacting the CCTS. That means that you gave the company a chance to change it.

PC3

You'll be losing all of my family's business (10 lines). 

PC3

This is bad for your business. This was a good insensitive for us to help Public Mobile get new clients. I have gotten at least 10 clients to switch to Public Mobile, but now if you do this

S_PM

Hey Public Mobile,

Emjhay

MIGHT AS WELL GO TO PCMOBILE FROM SHOPPERS

Good idea @edsou 

except i think the bonus is based on the price plan, not sure if the system is smart enough to adjust it after.  But worth the try

edsou

Hi @hTideGnow , it does have a condition that you can't move to a lower price plan but there are some people who are trying to go to a lower price plan ASAP (before the bonus data is issued) to see if that works.   I don't know if it will work but if worth a shot for someone who plans to leave PM either way. 

hi @AMonth 

but in your case, you have some referral bonus, see if it still worth it

Hi @Stony 

hi, you only get the 5% in points which is ok if you have $$$ plans.

But only 10 points once a year, so around 0.8 points per month, no way to make up the loyalty rewards

lbradbury221

After 10 years of being with PM, it was a good experience but I will move on. I never agreed to this.

HI @edsou 

the bonus has a condition that you cannot move to a lower priced plan 😞

ziggyp31

Thanks for the info. I did not sign up originally in agreement with this. Having points forced upon me is not what I signed up for. I am looking into moving to PC Mobile. Either way, I won't be staying here. It is just a case of where to move.

mermex

When you search for Public Mobile on Google, this is what comes up.

mermex_0-1710248611116.png

100% Surprise-Free.  What a load of crock.  

Patrick_PM
Need Help? Let's chat.