Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,473 REPLIES 5,473

Hi @Stony 

hi, you only get the 5% in points which is ok if you have $$$ plans.

But only 10 points once a year, so around 0.8 points per month, no way to make up the loyalty rewards

lbradbury221
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

After 10 years of being with PM, it was a good experience but I will move on. I never agreed to this.

HI @edsou 

the bonus has a condition that you cannot move to a lower priced plan 😞

ziggyp31

Thanks for the info. I did not sign up originally in agreement with this. Having points forced upon me is not what I signed up for. I am looking into moving to PC Mobile. Either way, I won't be staying here. It is just a case of where to move.

mermex

When you search for Public Mobile on Google, this is what comes up.

mermex_0-1710248611116.png

100% Surprise-Free.  What a load of crock.  

Patrick_PM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

eJonavin

I guess that sums it up. I never want to be on the new point system and I never will.

LeoV

I was looking at Fizz yesterday. I am even considering going back to Freedom again. They have a sweet deal for people who don't need more than 2.5 GB of data a month. $149 per year unlimited calls and text and 30gb of data. That's $12.50 a month. Lots of options out there PM...

ily
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@jimn1023a wrote:

Read a lot of posts. I see this as a way of PM cutting back a rewards system that PM felt was costing them too much. I really don't understand how this will impact me. When I find out, I'll decide. One likely outcome is that my unquestioned loyalty to PM will disappear. I've never investigated alternatives as the rewards were something that I did not want to give up. I feel this may free me from my marriage to PM. Maybe not. I do enjoy being with a company that I feel is good enough, such that I wouldn't consider change. Grandfathering might have dealt with some of the rebellion. 

If you're already on the Points system, this will not impact you. If you're on the legacy rewards system then, starting May, you'll see your monthly bill go up up to $7 + $1 for each one of your referrals. You'll also be getting 1 point/month for each referral (call it a wash, even if points are not exactly dollars) but you'll completely lose the $2/month auto pay discount and the $5 off loyalty discount (assuming you've been with PM for 5+ years). You'll also get a 5% back in points a month and 10 points every year. Basically peanuts compared to the legacy rewards program.

sdox

This whole thing is unfortunate but at least make it auto apply points. This website is terribly difficult and slow to use and I have to get my wife's 2nd auth factor every time I have to sign in to manage it. Please don't change the rewards program 

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's been a great run since 2016. Goodbye and thanks for great past. Wish you a great future. I've been set free with recent changes. We all have the Freedom to choose.

AMonth

I'm very disappointed that PM is getting rid of their old rewards program.  Over the years I've always been very satisfied with PM and have gotten my mum, sister and a few friends to switch. With these changes my monthly bill is going to go up, and I have no options to switch to a lower plan despite new activations having the options to get more affordable 4G data plans. Now that these changes are taking effect I'm considering moving to a competitor like Fizz in Quebec. 

edsou

I know, it's almost insulting lol.  As soon as I saw the tiny "1" note in the email I figured they wouldn't let us change our plan.  Ugh.

I was reading some comments from folks who were going to try to go to a lesser plan now (before the bonus data is issued) to see if it is a work around.  For me, it's not worth it because of forfeiting half of the 90 day plan... 😞  will be keeping my eyes peeled for deals with other providers for sure.

ily

This also bugs me. Every. Single. Time. But it's just another annoyance I'm willing to put up with as long as I have my legacy rewards. Too bad that'll no longer be the case I guess.

ily

@edsou wrote:

Incredibly disappointing.  I was steadfast in my loyalty to PM over the last six years but I guess, like others, I will also shop around if they don't reverse the decision or make a better offer than 240GB for 150 days.  Even if the 240GB didn't expire I would be more willing to swallow this.  Not to mention the constant promotions leading up to this to get people to sign up for more expensive plans  (which I did) then promoting the 90day plan discounts (I also did this).  Now the only way for me to switch to a cheaper plan to actually use this useless 240GB "gift" is to bail on the 90 day plan early and cut those losses.  

Sorry to break it to you but it gets worse. If you switch to a cheaper plan, not only you will forfeit the 90 day sub you're currently on, you will also lose the 240GB gift. Here's the text from the FAQ:

"Will I lose my special bonus data if I switch plans?

The bonus data will remain active unless your account becomes inactive, you switch to a plan of lower value or to an incompatible plan." (second emphasis mine)

PM is not dumb. They just think we are...

Stony

240GB "gift" useless for me too

LeoV

Well it was nice for the 3 years that I've been with PM. I never wanted to change to the point system and still don't. Very dissatisfied with this decision. Leave my account alone. Why? Why? Why?

Stony

I have the same question, and read the changes description from public mobile and other post -- we will not get loyalty pays rewards any more instead of only 10 points annually after moving to the new points 

Zoomer_Goomer

Fully agree, the points system should at the very least provide the same total discounts as the rewards system for as long as you remain a customer

sdox

Well, that's disappointing. Losing years of loyalty points on all our lines that kept us with public mobile even when shiny new plans appeared with other providers. Loyalty won't be keeping me around anymore...

edsou

Incredibly disappointing.  I was steadfast in my loyalty to PM over the last six years but I guess, like others, I will also shop around if they don't reverse the decision or make a better offer than 240GB for 150 days.  Even if the 240GB didn't expire I would be more willing to swallow this.  Not to mention the constant promotions leading up to this to get people to sign up for more expensive plans  (which I did) then promoting the 90day plan discounts (I also did this).  Now the only way for me to switch to a cheaper plan to actually use this useless 240GB "gift" is to bail on the 90 day plan early and cut those losses.  

Flavietto

I have been a public Mobile client for more than 10 years and I strongly disagree with this latest change. Please don't make it worse for your most loyal clients.

Geekedout

I apologize. It is the CCTS who accepted my complaint. But I filed it through the CRTC web site.

Geekedout

The CRTC replied to my email by saying they accepted my complaint.

ninjastar

Oh what a surprise...more Telus smoke and mirrors. Let's keep burning the house down. 

https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/2024/03/11/koodo-29-50gb-lure-customers-back/

joe77

I don't understand how PM refuses to offer a simple solution to at least some of the existing members.

Why are there no 4G plans in the $20-$30 range available for us to downgrade to soften the blow?  

A new sub to PM is allowed to join right now and chose one of the available $24 and $29 4G plans. These new subs have never giving a dime to PM, yet they are allowed to pick a plan of this type while some of us that have been here for years can only chose $34+ plans or, downgrade to the two useless 3G plans. Why exactly are there no 4G plans available to us?

I know this would still leave many members with the old $10 and $15 plans basically paying double or more.  I currently have my in-laws on that old $10 (now $13) plan and don't know what I'm going to do for them. They are retirees on fixed incomes that really can't afford another increase. Like many others, they strictly use it for safety reasons and have months where they don't even use a minute of call time. I wish the the decision makers would have taken that into consideration.

mikasik2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Why can't I just push enter after inputting the Eversafe code? It makes me mouse click

jimn1023a

Read a lot of posts. I see this as a way of PM cutting back a rewards system that PM felt was costing them too much. I really don't understand how this will impact me. When I find out, I'll decide. One likely outcome is that my unquestioned loyalty to PM will disappear. I've never investigated alternatives as the rewards were something that I did not want to give up. I feel this may free me from my marriage to PM. Maybe not. I do enjoy being with a company that I feel is good enough, such that I wouldn't consider change. Grandfathering might have dealt with some of the rebellion. 

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Soon-ex-PM-user wrote:

Looks like Telus is hurting.  Just only 'the strongest fourth quarter on record' as per their tweet 🤫 https://twitter.com/TELUSNews/status/1755928158119891006

It looks like whatever Telus wants it to look like.

Look at the language they use to gaslight their customers. Then think about the language their executives, managerials, accountants, and scapegoats use to gaslight their partners, investors, and shareholders.

edmensah

We the customers, don't like your new points system! It is awful and not worth it. I hate it 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡 KEEP THE OLD PUBLIC MOBILE REWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.