Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,588 REPLIES 5,588

kylewm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yikes! This sounds like a PR nightmare. As a new customer, I never got to experience the rewards system, so this change doesn’t really affect me

DeaB4
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a fairly inexpensive plan, but it will be about 32 percent for me. Total trash.

szeng123

A special thank you gift that expires after 150 days? What an amazing gift to your loyal customers.....

The  comment was probably very sarcastic, or it doesn't affect this person.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ean wrote:

Great news

Great news?  This annoucement is very bad for long time customers who are on the old rewards system.  The end result is customers paying more for the same service.

ean

Great news

Alex102

Looks like my public mobile plan is being canceled 

fixin
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nick_dv wrote:

hello PM! your loyal customers will boycott you! Like a Virgin! Like a Lucky mobile Virgin! Freedom! PM will go down in a Fizz! Let's keep the Chatr Up. Koooooodo everybody!!!

I was with Virgin and they sucked. Didn't give me a good plan for my second line and they cried wolf after that. Chatr has international pay per use roaming. Lucky Mobile doesn't even have roaming in the USA or international. Freedom is well respected for prices, but their service sucked(s) - a friend told me that about freedom and how they are bad service.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It doesn't affect new customers at the moment, but now I'm afraid that if this goes over well they will get rid of points too.

jasoni

Well, that's incredibly disappointing. This was the one thing that made PM more appealing than the other budget providers.

@Casperr0426 wrote:

I just moved one of my lines from Freedom Mobile to public Mobile two weeks ago lol. Oh well, I will definitely move it back again to Freedom Mobile. Goodbye Public Mobile. 

@Casperr0426, this has no affect on your line at all.  This is for people who signed up prior to the Points system.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Abhishek8

Could've at least gave more points to compensate for the loss, instead of temporary data that the majority won't or can't even use. The people with unlimited data plans essentially get nothing

nick_dv

I'm pretty sure the marketing people from Bell, Rogers etc will add a tab on their website saying "SPECIAL PLANS WHEN TRANSFERRING FROM PM 🙂

nick_dv

hello PM! your loyal customers will boycott you! Like a Virgin! Like a Lucky mobile Virgin! Freedom! PM will go down in a Fizz! Let's keep the Chatr Up. Koooooodo everybody!!!

@Casperr0426 If you just opened the account two weeks ago, you're on the new points system already (i.e. this change doesn't apply to you).

Casperr0426

I just moved one of my lines from Freedom Mobile to public Mobile two weeks ago lol. Oh well, I will definitely move it back again to Freedom Mobile. Goodbye Public Mobile. 

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I guess a lot of us oldies knew eventually the day would come. It seems to be the Telus way of improving profit. 
For the new rewards I guess the loses are loyalty and autopay? Will review the new program. I have pretty much stepped away from the community posts and will continue to do so. Disappointing for sure and depending on impact on loyalty/remaining for all 3 accounts, it will be an easier decision find suitable alternatives. And will there be a forced 4G plan from the $15 3G plan, yet to happen? A lot of low income folks will be impacted on this change. ☹️☹️

edit: I wonder how many Old Rewards customers intentionally moved over to the new rewards. Very few, a small amount or lots of customers. 

carsonb

Since anyone on the old rewards system has some years of loyalty, I think this is universally a downgrade in discounts for every subscriber? So how could anyone being moved to this new rewards system be happy?

It’s frustrating to read this. I don’t want a one-off data allotment, I want to save money off every bill. I don’t even use all the data I have, let alone all the old data credits I’ve piled up. Can I sell those back to you?

edit: I’m calculating how much my plan will increase based on 5% back, my referrals, and 10 points a year. It’s about $10, so now I know to shop for a plan with any other provider up to $10 more than my current plan. Since I’m out that money staying with this provider anyway. You don’t show me loyalty, I’ll do the same.

Edit: I see I was forced to Public Points. I'm out. Good luck everyone!

LizfromCanada

Oh I'm fully aware - I'm saying the significant lack of Bravo shows just how unhappy people are - the sugarcoating hasn't worked on anyone! Trust me, I'm paying 25% more for my plan going forward (if I decide to stay and assuming my referrals do too) I know why people are mad.

Kevlar44

It's been a good run but I guess all things come to an end. I would have stayed with this company forever but I won't be scammed. I signed up largely because of the promise of "loyalty pays" and now all my loyalty is getting me is a worse phone bill. Us tenured customers had done a lot of good via word of mouth and for me it was because I felt I had been treated honestly and found good value. The value is still competitive but the trust has been broken and I know I'll be looking elsewhere. When the reward program ends I already know who I'll be transitioning my wife's phone plan to, as it comes with a desirable perk that's only good for one of us, and soon I'm sure I'll find something good for myself too. Also the gift of expirable data I'll never have any use for is a slap in the face as is the framing of the new reward program as being better for us as consumers. It's far worse and the consolation is worthless, but as I've seen honesty isn't a part of the story PM is telling anymore. A sad day to say the least. I honestly wonder if Telus is intentionally trying to tank it's "government mandated competition" that it owns because they don't want PM to be too desirable to do business with.

fixin

@LizfromCanada wrote:

It says something when a community post has 0 Bravos, I think! Even the announcement on scheduled maintenance for March 5th has 9. 😅

It's because people are unhappy to switch to Public Points. *Don't switch till they automatically do*

LizfromCanada

It says something when a community post has 0 Bravos, I think! Even the announcement on scheduled maintenance for March 5th has 9. 😅

@ninjastar No. Any add-on's with no expiry date will remain as-is. They could change that one day, but it's not contemplated here and now.

ninjastar
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Ok... do I lose any of the bonus data or bonus international minutes I accumulated over the years on top of my current US/Can plan? 

fixin

@DennyCrane - to keep everyone, they better add a 1 point its when you can redeem $1 bill credit (Or something lower than $15)

@golfball Minimum 15 points can be redeemed, but I don't believe it has to be in 15 points increments once the minimum is satisfied.

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Are points bill credits only in increments of $15?

@Chalupa_Batman Correct. Those that don't earn at least $15 in points per month will need to wait until they accumulate 15 before redeeming, but you're above that threshold so you will be able to redeem that for a credit every month.

Edit: Plus you'll earn 5% in points for your net spend, and once a year you'll get 10 points for loyalty.

So basically, if I understand this correctly, my bill will still be $34 plus tax a month. I will continue to get 1 point per referral. 22 referrals if they stay is 22 points a cycle. So I cash in 22 points for $22 every cycle?

fixin

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

SO unhappy about this! I have 5 plans for our family and so will be losing over $25/mon overall! The old rewards program is the ONE thing that has kept us here all these years!

Public Mobile is the only one with a well built rewards system like this.

Need Help? Let's chat.