Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,516 REPLIES 5,516

Benfica71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

We all have 2 months to find another provider.  I suggest everyone start posting best options to change to.  If anyone has a referral program let everyone know.  

@Salvo1 wrote:

Public mobile !  re thing about  scrapping out the old loyalty rewards 

You have lots of un happy customers !!!

@Salvo1 I don't see them rolling this decision back.  It was inevitable that this was going to happen just wish it went on a little longer.  The removal of the 1 point for every 30 day cycle that was there Sunday night and gone on Monday was just salt in the wound.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Cdnninja1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is extremely disappointing.  Looks like better alternatives exist in the market.    I stayed because the price was right.   This no longer binds me to this. 

Salvo1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Does public mobile even read our post ? 

Or we just wasting our time ?    With a company that does not care about loyal customers and removing discounts we have 

Salvo1

Public mobile !  re thing about  scrapping out the old loyalty rewards 

You have lots of un happy customers !!!

Salvo1

Public mobile !  dont do this to your loyal customers that have been with you for years.      This is a bad move 

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I wouldn't be so sure that you'll keep it forever.. They will come up with something even better.. 🙂

r6r1der

Wow what a scumbag move. I'll be leaving if you go through with this. 

Sushi_Combo

I would have at least expected a permanent Data add-on package for those legacy customers still on the old reward plan. Hopefully they listen to the feedback and adjust accordingly. 

jono_logan

Based on what I've read here, my entire family will have our bills raised by approximately $7 a month each. Even if Public Mobile backtracks on this decision or adjusts the points plan to compensate, they've lost our trust and loyalty. Unbelievable decision. 

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ah yes, the Public Mobile bone us data.

Zahir_h

Thanks for nothing.   This change in reward will end up with me losing $10/m in value.   I recently upgraded my plan and paid more thinking it would still be affordable as I'd be keeping my rewards.  But now you blindsided everyone to take advantage.   Way to be scummy  tHELLus.  I will be filing a CCTS complaint which I know I will not get sided on, but it will be great to have you pay the fees to them to start a case  which I believe is a couple hundred dollars out of your bottom line for each complaint filed, and is rightful a deserving loss of revenue for you (and I hope others who read this too will do the same - if you play stupid games, you will win stupid prizes). 

I will also be porting to freedom mobile (they have issued a price guarantee that they will NOT change prices on their client) 

And you bonus data - that's a slap in the face to is all.   Having it expire when you know that majority of the people won't even use their alloted data.  

Chrissyrioux12

Wow what a way to lose customers of years 

Camera4617

You get 10 points once a year instead of years_with_pm * 1$ every month. Why are you justifying this move?

ily

This is totally backwards! How about you thank me for my continued loyalty by honoring what you offered me when I signed up and not push me to your points system, instead of throwing more data in my face? I barely use 20% of my monthly data allowance. More data has no value to me whatsoever!

@J_PMPlease consider reversing this decision.

Camera4617

Time to switch providers, 5 lines that I have with PM.  Will be shopping around. 

RedeemThis

Love the email about how I "already got 0.00 Public Points"

I've been with PM for a decade. Loyalty goes both ways and there's no reason for me to stay now. I'll be shopping around first thing tomorrow.

And really. Spending points in contests to try your luck? As someone who has worked with gambling addicts, that's actually kind of gross.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The rewards system was always the enticing part of PM  and what made them different than everyone else. Now they are just like everyone else.

@Bryan316 wrote:

My reason to stay with PM is being removed, sadly.

I would argue that entire reason for customers to join Public Mobile was largely for the rewards.  The referral offering remains untouched, but the not sure that 5% points back is enough to attract new customers. I can only hope that Public Mobile is aware of that and will continue to improve the price plans.

Chalonso

Been with pm 5 yrs , give a reason why I have to stay with pm . Its about time to move

Bananacat89

That stinks!  My bill will increase by 50 % unless I log in and play silly forum games. Even then it will still increase... First no christmas bonus and now this ?

Ya know, We were loyal. You guys are so backwards since the Eversafe change that many can't even add my credit cards to autopay. I sucked it up because the deal was still worth it. 

This is the straw that will break my back. I see no reason why I should stay with Public mobile. Others offer cheaper rates, More data, less hassle and better customer service.  As is I can find 2 different companies offering me cheaper fee's with better plans. 

Give me one good reason to stay with Public Mobile? The one time stress of switching to another company seems a lot less of a hassle then logging in every month and scratching me head about points. 

Not cool bro's .. Not cool at all. Not what I signed up for years ago. You had one job. Keep PM Worth it.. 

ridgeline

I have the following questions to items raised in the Moving to Public Points FAQ referenced in the original post by J_PM.  It would be great to see a posted response from Public Mobile Team.

"...it’s time we focus on enhancing our points program further for our subscribers".  What enhancements are there over the legacy rewards program?

"the exciting features of the Public Points™ program". What are these exciting features and why is this better than the legacy rewards program?

"this move will offer you more flexibility and new ways to earn and use your points, bringing a more rewarding experience to our subscribers".  How is this a more rewarding experience for legacy subscribers?

__c

Others have said it better than I can, but baiting customers into paying more for plan upgrades, and then essentially surprise-hiking those prices up an extra $7, is just plain scummy.

I was paying $9 before PM pulled this chicanery, and would be paying $24 if I were to stay, almost 3x what I was already content with in 2023. I don't see myself staying with PM.

I will be making a complaint to CRTC, and suggest others to do the same if they feel like they've been deceived.

EdN

Why not?

LizfromCanada

Ah okay! Clear, thank you!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Wow! I was wondering how long it would take for Public Mobile to make the choice for their Customers to switch them over to the points program from their old loyalty rewards program that those Customers were/are still on!

We were given over 2 years to make the choice to switch on our own before they made the decision to do it for us.

In my usual negative thinking I was sure this would happen however I was hoping that I would be incorrect with my thoughts! 😔 

In my opinion this seems like a really bad decision on Public Mobile’s part!

theip

awful decision... really shows that pm doesn't value their loyal customers

@LizfromCanada no all plans get the 5% points on plan value.  My comment was to get the equivalent of the $2 autopay your plan needs to be at least $40 to get 2 Points.  I hope this clears up my post

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

LizfromCanada

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Y4J259 wrote:

Am I correct in my understanding:

I will lose $50/yr from loyalty, and lose another $24/yr from auto-pay? This is another way of saying you are increasing my plan by $7/month, with no additional value? 

All my referrals will be collected as points, so you will make me log in EVERY SINGLE MONTH to convert my points to credit, and you intentionally will not allow this to happen automatically? 

The "gift" is a well-calculated joke. You know perfectly well that most users will not use that, especially users on the 50/75/100GB plans. 

The only "gift" would be for PM to have the option for legacy customers to move to a $27/mo 50GB CAN US plan. 

@Y4J259 pretty much but the $2 autopay discount is offset by the 5% ppints back for plan price.  BUT you need to be a $40 price plan or higher to get equivalent points

Can you please clarify this? What do you mean when you say that you need to be on a 40$ plan or more? Is the 5% not provided for cheaper plans?

jor123

Would be nice to finally get wifi calling as well if PM wants to stay remotely competitive 

Need Help? Let's chat.