Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Maintenance on Dec 1 | My Account, Website & App

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community, 

We wanted to give everyone a heads up that the following portals will not be available during the following maintenance window:

Maintenance window:  December 1 | 10:00 PM ET – December 2 | 10:30 AM ET

During this time, you will be unable to log into: 

• My Account | Website or App 
    PublicMobile.ca will still be available to view. 
  • Community 
    Community will still be available to view only. 

During this time, you will be unable to access: 

• Activation Portal 
    If you try to activate your SIM card or eSIM during the maintenance period, you will receive an error message. We recommended returning after the maintenance window. 
  • Chatbot
    During this window you will be unable to submit a ticket through our virtual assistant, but you can still ask questions for help information. 

Please note that during this window, access to portals may be available intermittently. To avoid issues, we recommend that you do not make changes to your account or submit any tickets until 9am ET.  

Thank you. 

- The Public Mobile Team

38 REPLIES 38

DeelightfulDee2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I can't replace my credit card on my daughter's account it continues to give error message.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Can we please go back to the old Payment Screen to enter Payment Method Details during Activation? It used to be that you'd enter your Postal Code and than the next step would be to Enter your Credit Card Details.. now it's at the same screen as the Postal Code and it's having alot of glitches.. when you type in 12 Numbers for your Card it goes red like its wrong, yet it won't even let you type in the last 4 numbers until you click on MM/DD.. than once clicking back on the Credit Card Number it finishes letting you type it in..

Or it's also fine where it is now as well, just make it work!! It wasn't broken and now it's acting up, if it isn't broken don't fix it because now it's being funky and confusing. 

DeelightfulDee2

@2728 

What is preventing you from logging into your account?

To get the extra charges reversed you will need to contact customer support using your private messages. Click on your avatar top right corner of your screen to see if they have replied after you send a message using the link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am still unable to log into my account and my credit card has been charged 3x my usual amount. Please

HELP!

DeelightfulDee2

@HALIMACS 

Sorry I got confused with pacific and eastern time. When maintenance is announced it usually starts at 9pm pacific or later so I automatically push it forward to the following day/date.

Lol....just after I gave up waiting for a reply from an agent apparently I got one. I didn't have time to log back in until today.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

I noticed since the scheduled maintenance was done that my account subscription usage information is showing incorrect information!

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The EverSafe ID Code will not come to the Public Mobile SIM Card until about one hour to 90mins after the Port Request was approved from the Original SIM. 

It will start coming to the Public SIM after the Port is 100% completed, in the meantime you'll be able to send code to Email or put your old SIM back in briefly where it will come through until that SIM loses service.

If you put your old SIM back in and it still has service 24 hours after you Approved the Port Request, it didn't work and that explains why you haven't been getting the code to your new SIM since its still going to your old one. 

If it's a Port from Telus or Koodo Monthly, the old SIM will not get the code since it loses service almost instantly after the Port Request is approved. It can than take about 20 minutes to get the Code on the new Public SIM.

Jaytee101
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Was able to activate without a hitch! Successful port 🙂 - Thanks for telling me to wait, seemed like it wasn't overloaded.

NOW the only problem I have is how to get OTP/2FA working again with my number on PM... Eversafe doesn't send me the number to my phone# ; 611 doesn't say anything either

Based on another users indication, they’re still having activation issues

I suggest waiting another 20+ minutes before even bothering to attempt again

Sherry15

Thanks. I do not have another phone to test out the sim card. I have tried the network reconnection and rebooting my device. I have sent a message to Customer Support. Thanks so much for your reply. 

Jaytee101

Can anyone confirm if activation portal is back up? I got my SIM card yesterday, waited through maintenance to activate. Hopefully it’s back up now? 

no it wouldn’t @Sherry15 

can you try your Public Mobile Sim card in another device to see if the same thing occurs?

you might also want to try resetting network connections and rebooting your device

EDIT:  well now … @Sherry15  .  There is now another customer suggesting the same thing is happening to them. It may in fact be related, though I’ve never heard of this before.  

Definitely reach out to the customer support agents and let them know what is happening

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to the Customer Support Agents by clicking here 

You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Sherry15

Would this be responsible for the fact that, just today, my phone has started dropping calls? At exactly 1 min 45 sec, I hear 3 beeps (the person on the other end hears nothing). At 2 min 45 sec, the call disconnects and the screen pops up with " normal, unspecified".  This only started happening today. 

Rubes

J_PM

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Latest Maintenance period extended to 10:30 ET

Scheduled Maintenance: New subscriptions, support tickets, and account changes through My Account will be temporarily unavailable and will resume at 10:30 AM ET. You can still browse our website and shop for plans in the meantime. For more details, click here.

KokoMagnificul

Hope the app will work faster and smoother

Jerome1958

This post says ending at 9 AM Eastern Time, but the message just now in my app says ending at 10:30 AM Eastern Time.

I guess they are going longer than planned?

@hTideGnow wrote:

BTW, this is a long maintenance, usually it won't start at 10pm and won't schedule to finish that late.. must be a big upgrade.  Let's hope something good coming

The account management systems were taken offline at least at least 1.5 hours early.  It's confusing to customers when an announcement is made but then the maintenacne starts at a different time.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

BTW, this is a long maintenance, usually it won't start at 10pm and won't schedule to finish that late.. must be a big upgrade.  Let's hope something good coming

Kamalhns

So person can’t process transfer the number to other carrier.

@DeelightfulDee2 

really – less than an hour from Thursday?

I think it was more like 26 hours from when you commented - unless I’m missing something 🤔

etr

Yes it worked for me, got my roaming add-on. Making note of the *611 number in case I need it in the future. Thanks so much!

HI @MThompson19 

site is up now, please login now and update the card now

MThompson19

My mothers Credit card expired and she received her new one today and payment is due tomorrow… she cut off tomorrow until the sites active? 

Hi @etr 

site is up, please try again

etr

Oh perfect, will try that. Thank you!

HI @etr 

try *611 , there are some option to buy US roaming, hope they hve what you want to buy there

etr

Yeah, I've been using Public Mobile for a few years but haven't really checked out the community section. Trying to get US roaming since I'm going there tomorrow, really hope this can be fixed before then 😬

HI @etr 

yup it's down

look like you just joined the Community.  If you just joined , you are not lucky  😞

etr

Me too. Then I tried on another device and got the Forbidden A1 message. Maintenance is supposed to start at 10PM today, not right now. Not sure what's going on.

Need Help? Let's chat.