Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scheduled Maintenance: October 22 | 12:00 AM ET – 10:00 AM ET

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community,

We wanted to give everyone a heads up that Activation Portal will not be available during the following maintenance window:

Maintenance window:  October 22 | 12:00 AM ET – 10:00 AM ET

During this time, you will be unable to:

• Activate your SIM card. If you try to activate your SIM card during the maintenance period, you will receive an error message. We recommended returning after the maintenance window. 

Once splash pages are down, please return to activate once maintenance is complete.

- The Public Mobile Team

14 REPLIES 14

@hTideGnow- For me, the service keeps on ticking. That's what I'm paying for. That some features are being stripped out or severely restricted is a problem. Like volte and call forwarding which also affects the voice message for the 2fa code and for some other people the 5G connection. Then the terrible customer-facing software here. My entire "negativity" here is about the software. Then the misinformation. This is all in the control of the company. They don't seem to care or care enough to do something quickly.
I care. As a customer. As a participant here. Seeing all the complaints from poor unsuspecting new customers. It's terrible. But that doesn't affect me. I tolerate the software because I know how to "work" it. I'm sufficiently happy with the service because it keeps on working. I'm bummed about the volte restrictions.

We can't all be rah rah fanbois. There is lots wrong around here. Even the fanbois admit it but they keep on being fanbois for some unknown reason.

HI @dust2dust

but your fire is not just again the business, many time, it is more personal.

and sorry to ask, if you are so upset here, why you stay ? or you don't even need to participate in the Community? or just the Free service got you stayed?

To me, being happy is important.  I am happy here to help others.  If I have so much trouble with a place/business, I would not stay

Sorry, I am not to ask you to leave, but you being so hate this place and people, it is not good to your health too. 

@hTideGnow- A corporation doesn't have feelings. It doesn't need to be molly-coddled. Time and time again, over and over again, this place constantly does misinformation and incorrect information. If these things were once in a blue moon then maybe. But for a corporation with billions in revenues there is no excuse. To then leave errors still outstanding (albeit, they removed the banner in question here reasonably quickly) is inexcusable. To have that banner be wrong in the first place is inexcusable.

HI @dust2dust 

i think what I do not agree is your approach. You have been playing the nasty role whenever you find some fault here.  Life is always easier if you be nice.   You have been pretty too hard with PM and some of the members here

@hTideGnow- Why? This is a corporation with billions in revenues. Not some little mom and pop operation.

HI @dust2dust 

they can be just testing something, take it easier with PM 🙂

@J_PM- It's gone already. Just the usual lack of quality control here. There was an unannounced maintenance period last night. We might assume there might be another one that they might bother getting around to putting up the banner. But this was a duplicate of a previous one that they couldn't be bothered to edit. Thus my comment 🙂
The banner definitely helps. We saw several threads last night of people asking why they can't log in. When there has been a banner those kinds of questions don't happen.

The team is working to remove. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM- So the banner at the top is for 2024? 🙂 Good to know so far in advance. 🙂 That's some kind of planning.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@J_PM Thanks for all the little bugs worked out and improvements made! The Activation Portal hasn't had a single hiccup since this Maintenance! 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM- Kudos to the website team for putting up the maintenance banner in red up top last night and then removing it. There, see, I can say something positive. 🙂

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I was wanting to say yay for the top of the page banner (albeit red on dark didn't work) but then it disappeared. Put it where the promo plan line is. In the same red. Blinking even.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM , Thank you for letting us know. It’s greatly appreciated.

Need Help? Let's chat.