cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] System Issue: Accounts in Suspend

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: The account suspend issue has been resolved. Thank you.

————————

Hey Community, 

We’re currently having some issues with our Monthly Renewal Charge and Auto Top-Ups, causing some customer accounts to mistakenly go into suspend. Our team is working on a fix, all services for impacted accounts are expected to be reinstated by 4pm EST. Check back for more updates. We’ll also update this post when the issue is resolved. 

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team

591 REPLIES 591

Greenday111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i didnt know this so i did a $15 add on will i get my money back

@Greenday111 , can you provide a little more detail?  There seems to be some customer affected by autopay renewal issues.  Is that the cause of your issue?

@Greenday111   No worry, you are not alone

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/System-Issue-Accounts-in-Suspend/td-p/8...

PM is aware of this and hopefully will get it resolved very soon

Greenday111

edited: terms of service/language

@Tryndaisaac 

The fix is imminent for this issue. Wait another 20 minutes or so and see if you can then make a payment by choosing "other" amount to reactivate your service.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin#.

@Tryndaisaac   Yep, unfortunately it's been happening to quite a few other customers for the last day or two.  Here's PM's announcement on this issue and hoping to get it resolved by late afternoon:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/System-Issue-Accounts-in-Suspend/td-p/8...

Tryndaisaac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My account expired and didn't take my auto payment. It will not let me reactivate. I have sufficient funds in my account and I cannot use them. 

Leo57
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Me too

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Pop back in later this afternoon or evening and keep us updated on if it is all resolved...hope it doesn't drag on much past 4.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Hopefully that is the case, I thought all the accounts that had issues were showing service suspended and not active...so hopefully you will be back up and running by 4pm or soon after

@Leo57 

There is a major system issue for customers who went thru renewal last night. Pm is aware of the issue and has promised to have it fixed by 4pm eastern. A little more patience and it will hopefully be resolved.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin#.

Leo57

Thanks softech for the response.  I have tried all of your suggestions with no luck. I was reading other posts here and there seems to be a problem today with auto pay. I guess I will wait for a fix. 

@Lisa12 

There is currently a system issue that is supposed to be fixed by 4pm eastern. Stay tuned for the fix.

Lisa12

@Leo57 is today the first day of your current cycle?  Some people with today as the new cycle day has problem with Autopay.

But since your account showing  status Active,  try to reseat your SIM card, power off, remove SIM for a minute before putting everything back

If still fails and if your have a 2nd phone around, try to put your PM SIM into the other phone and see if it works

Leo57

Hi. In my account it says Account Status: Active but I have no service.

faulkp12345

Yes I live in Newfoundland and I have been trying to fix this since 10 AM NL time which is about 6 1/2 hours ago. Since  Public Mobile doesn't have any customer service representatives to speak with  I wasn't sure what happened since there is a time difference from their office to here in NL. I tried once to use the virtual assistant and was told the office was closed. It is frustrating not being to speak to anyone one to get an answer. It reminds me of when anyone asks  Justin Trudeau a question. Dealing with customer service at public mobile reminds me of that. No straight answer. Will not be a customer of Public Mobile after this is rectified. Service was cut without notice which left me in a remote area without a cell phone. Thankfully nothing serious  happened, but it could have been a different outcome. After almost 7 hours I finally have an answer to the issue. Thank God we are in the 21 ST century. To reliant on this technology. As usual somebody didn't finish the job they we suppose to do so this doesn't happened or Public Mobile wanted to save money by cutting personnel or equipment so the shareholders can get richer and services will suffer.

I hope that is the case as that sounds like a headache and a half...4pm fingers crossed

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I hope this gets rectified ASAP as mine is up a bit later this month

@darkomega wrote:

It's good to know what's going on.

Yes, but this announcement should be posted in early morning and not after many angry posts.

Autopay occurs in wee hours so in case of failure support should be paged right away. At least in companies with good IT support.

WhitbyCurling

Thank you! Glad it's not just me!

@merajunnisa   

Sorry, I missed the part you said you already see PM charged you the Plan amount

do you see your amount showing in  Available Fund or Available Fund shows $0?

Does the Transaction history confirmed PM charged you the money?

And yes, if you don't mind, you should wait till 4PM first.

But if you really need your service back now,  you can try to use the Other option to load an additional $1 and that usually would trigger the resume of the service.  Once the $1 payment is completed, logoff from My Account and reboot the phone

@merajunnisa 

Unfortunately pm has identified an issue with customers going thru renewal last night. They have promised that service will return by 4pm eastern. Check your transaction history for your plan charges. If they appear there no secondary payment is necessary just patience.

@softech 

The OP has already stated that the payment was deducted already.

merajunnisa

Thank you for your response. So after I recharge my phone again, will I get the initial payment amount back (which caused my account to get suspended)? 

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's good to know what's going on.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Syee 

Now you know why your Auto pay failed.

@merajunnisa   PM confirmed that there was with Autopay last night and caused your problem.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/System-Issue-Accounts-in-Suspend/td-p/8...

To resume the service, please login to My Account and make a manual payment.  Just go to Payment tab, One time Payment and use the option Other (Enter the desired payment amount) and manually enter the plan amount and submit

Once payment is successfully made, logoff from My Account and Reboot the phone and it should resolve the issue

merajunnisa

Today my phone payment was deducted from my account (Apr 1 was my payment due date), and my phone got disconnected. I am not sure what happened. I recently switched to public mobile and this is the first time my account was charged after I got this connection. Can someone please provide solution how I can get my phone activated.

Syee

Hi there,

Check community announcement: "System Issue: Accounts in Suspend"

I used the chat bot to get a ticket and managed to have a tech message me via community private message to resolve this very issue.

I had to get a new login password and then reset my credit card info.  Took a total of 1hr. But solved!

Need Help? Let's chat.