Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] Issues with Mobile Hotspot

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

— Update as of December 2, 11:35 ET —

This issue has been resolved and mobile hotspot service is working as expected. Thank you for your patience.

Troubleshoot steps: 

If you encountered this issue, initiate a restart by putting device in flight mode or restart your phone.

Thanks,

———————-

Hello Community, 

We’re aware of an issue with Mobile Hotspot where some customers have had trouble connecting devices like tablets and laptops to their mobile hotspot. Regular plan data used directly on your device should not be impacted and is working properly. Our team is currently investigating and we will provide more details when they are available. 

Thank you, 

The Public Mobile Team

37 REPLIES 37

Salima_23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I got the same problem but now it’s ok 

Salima_23

It’s already resolved

ottawasteve

Hi PM,

My hotspot worked for awhile then started saying "no internet connectiin" again...any idea when this will be fixed, I only my subscription to hotspot

ottawasteve

It looks like the mobile hotspot is having a problem again, my tablet is connecting then disconnecting from the hotspot saying "no internet connection"./.any idea when this will be fixed?

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jamiesgirl 
PM announced at about 8.30 AM today, Dec 3, that the issue has been resolved. More at the link below:
https://tinyurl.com/yn7a9z7n

@Kike wrote:

Actually right now I created a new APN and named "Mobily Internet 2"… then I filled down (could not copy paste since the info in my default APN is grayed) exactly what days in my default APN from PM. But at the end of the APN Type I added this:    ,dun     to the line written there. Left the rest all the same. Saved it and did not restart the phone but simply selected the newly created APN. It's all working fine now. Give it a try and let us know. 

This same issue has been seen at Public Mobile before, and in the past, it was also fixable by making this exact same change to the device's settings.  In the case of creating a second entry for sp.mb.com using the type of default,mms,dun   this is made necessary because of how some devices (including Pixel devices) that don't allow editing of the default settings but only allowing adding new access points.

Mingsallygeng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried on my iPhone 15 plus, remove the “ l” in the APN: isp.mb.com , totally worked , thanks !

Petesdude

For those wondering how to fix for now go to cellular, cellular data network, reset settings, then remove the i from isp.mb.com if that doesn’t work you’ll just have to wait for a fix from pm.

Yanyu_zou

Just to update, this works immediately! If anyone unable to find apn setting on iOS go to setting-cellular-SIMs click phone number-cellular data network here you can reset APN to:

IMG_8761.png

Mingsallygeng

It is not working for me

Kike

See my last post. There is a fix of you ad something to your APN type

Mingsallygeng

My hotspot is not working,It is so funny, today is my renewal day, so I got my 5 G plan up and running, I try to use my XSMAX use my iPhone 15 plus’s hot spot, but it is not working, then I thought it is because my iPhone XSMAX not supporting 5G, that is why my hot spot is not working, but after I read this post, is it because PM hotspot stop working, it is because my XSMAX can’t us a 5 G hot spot?  Anyone can help to answer? I also tried to set my iPhone 15 plus on 3G and LTE, both still working but when I share hot spot to my XSMAX, it is still not working, so I hope it will fix soon.

anotheruser99

I too have been experiencing this issue all day.  I have spent three or four hours going through the iphone network support steps when it was a PublicMobile issue the whole time.  Is there any way to get a notifcation when the issue is resolved?  If so, please text me and thanks for your help.

Yanyu_zou

Hi please fix ASAP, my hotspot was down from the morning, no internet still not work at all. I tried restart internet, Refreshed ip config, reset winsock…nothing seem to be working. If anyone know how to fix this please reply.

ottawasteve

Hi PM,

Do you have any updates on this?..my hotspot has been down since 3am EST

Michael888

See my previous post.

Michael888

I can confirm that what Kike said works.

As for the comment saying that the settings are greyed out. You don't actually edit that. You create a new one with all the same settings as well as the minor change.

All working now no issues 

bibivaillan1

I've just spent 4 hours trying to troublehsoot why my hotspot was not working. Is there any way to receive a notification when it's working again?

2Rude

As Kike mentioned above, try making a new APN instead of editing the existing ones. See if that works?

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

No need to submit a ticket, as PM is aware and working on it. 

@Jamiesgirl wrote:

My husband my phone ar both having issues .  Do we need to submit a ticket ? 

Kike

Actually right now I created a new APN and named "Mobily Internet 2"… then I filled down (could not copy paste since the info in my default APN is grayed) exactly what days in my default APN from PM. But at the end of the APN Type I added this:    ,dun     to the line written there. Left the rest all the same. Saved it and did not restart the phone but simply selected the newly created APN. It's all working fine now. Give it a try and let us know. 

Kike

LOL. I C. I am about the same in by now. 

homecook

I low-key wasted 2 hours on this. No bueno.

ace_phone24

Any idea how long it will take to get a fix? Both my husband and myself are affected.

Kike

Nevermind. I tried and these settings are not available for editing in my phone

Kike

How do I do this?

Razor100

Great to hear that worked for you and some other members of the community. Unfortunately in my case (and perhaps others) my apn already has dun populated. Also my settings are greyed out which I understand may be becasue the carrier has locked them. It appears I will have to wait for PM to complete their investigation into the issue.

2Rude

Add ,dun to your APN type and reboot your phone. Worked for me!

2Rude

I did a bit of searching in the Forum and I found a fix! This has been driving me nuts all day, I don't know how / why I didn't find this earlier...

FIX: I added  ,dun  to my APN type and rebooted my phone. I now have data via tether.

PM Support, please confirm if this is a permanent fix or even an acceptable fix.

Rye808

I am having the same problem, this morning I have not been able to tether either of my laptops through my phone as usual

do I need to do anything on my end ?

Need Help? Let's chat.