Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a Friend and Enjoy/Save on a SIM Deal This October

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community, 

October’s in full swing and we’ve got deals to make it even better. October has arrived, and we’re excited about this season!   

For a limited time your friends and family can snag a physical SIM at half the price - just $5! Plus, our Refer a Friend bonus means more rewards for both of you. 

Share your unique Refer A Friend code and you’ll earn a point for every month your friend stays on board. Plus, your friend gets a one-time $10 credit when using your code. Combine that with our fall deals, and everyone’s set for seasonal savings! 

Here’s How it Works

• Log into My Account, select ‘Account’ to review account details and your personal Refer a Friend code 
  • Copy your personal referral link and share with your friends and family J_PM_0-1696342756377.png
  • Once the code is received, the code will automatically be applied when your friend activates using the referral link.  

Note: You can purchase the discounted physical SIM from select online channels, our app, or specific store locations. 

As the leaves change, so do our deals. Remember, different is always calling at Public Mobile.

- The Public Mobile Team 

27 REPLIES 27

Justin21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Someone_else
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello. Where or how can I purchase an discounted sim card?

onyx23

The new promo is pretty solid!

onyx23

I like Refer a Friend concept with Public Mobile. It’s a good idea and it works. Savings for both parties!

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@maximum_gato wrote:

... as per the rules set out in the WCC regarding device subsidies and the ECF ...

• The WCC states that any amount paid towards a device subsidy is considered an entire month's device subsidy amount ... no ECF is incurred by porting out after the final month's billing period begins and before it ends ... Reviewing the contract and CIS beforehand is prudent ...

I think I understand the general meaning of your post. But what do you mean with all these acronyms?

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Korth_ 

The discounted Sim cards can be ordered now that makes no difference. The referral "promo" really isn't one as it's just the normal $10 bonus referral credit new customers recieve when entering the referral code on the payment page during activation.

However you may want to mention to your friends the most advantageous time to port out of their current contracts as per the rules set out in the WCC regarding device subsidies and the ECF. On postpaid contracts the monthly fee paid is divided into 2 portions: the plan amount and the device subsidy. In simple terms if the monthly billing statement is $60 with a $30 plan amount and a $30 device subsidy a customer can save $$ by porting out early into their final month of their contract. Since postpaid accounts are pro-rated if a customer ports out on day 2 of a 30 day month billing period (ie. November) the final bill of their contract (month 24) will be pro-rated as follows:

• $30/plan amount: $30÷30 days=$1/day×2=$2
  • $30/device subsidy: $30÷30 days=$1/day×2=$2 
  • Final pro-rated bill: $2+$2=$4+tax and any additional charges like long distance etc...
  • The WCC states that any amount paid towards a device subsidy is considered an entire month's device subsidy amount. When a pro-rated device subsidy amount occurs in the final month of a contract it will pay off the entirety of the device subsidy so no ECF is incurred by porting out after the final month's billing period begins and before it ends. Customers should ensure that they have paid in full on or before its due the 23rd month's billing statement before porting out sometime after the 1st day of the 24th month.
  • In the above example the customer saves $28 on their device subsidy and any difference between their new plan amount at the new provider and the old plan amount that was under contract with the old provider. Reviewing the contract and CIS beforehand is prudent to ensure there are no surprises.....?

Korth_

Any official word or reliable observations about how long "for a limited time" will probably be? Is this a seasonal promo with fairly consistent history in past seasons? Is it a bribe promo meant to counter somebody else's special offer (and which will quickly vanish the moment that offer ends)?

I have interested referrals ... a couple who are stuck in a pair of identical Rogers contracts which end in two months. They don't want to port out early because of quit-early penalty (which costs more than the $$ bonus they'd get from this referral promo).

Pluto40

Hi just wondering why in the Public Mobile app it still states physical sim cards are still 10$ not $ 5 . Will this be fixed before promo expires. 

Yosemite_Sam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Korth_ wrote:

How does one order PM SIM cards (for $5 each) without using the PM app?

My local Telus Mobility and Koodo Mobile stores of course do not have (never have) PM SIM cards in stock.

Try here but are $10.  https://store.publicmobile.ca/cart

Yosemite_Sam

The other store is likely CCS. 

If you find them online at their store you will get them for $5, no get and free delivery. Just order more than once. 

Yosemite_Sam

@Justin21 wrote:

Yup you are right. Still $4.99 up to now. I see two types of sim, one sells by a small canadian business and another one says country of mexico origin

Do you think they are just the same?

Yes same!! They are "made" in Mexico. 

Korth_

@Justin21 wrote:
Thanks I see it now no wonder there is no limit when ordering but the other store has a limit of two.

Two is better than none.

I (almost) always keep a few spare PM SIM cards around. So I'm (almost) always ready to grab PM referrals.

Because I've learned that now and then Public Mobile runs a killer promo - some great deal "for new customers only" which makes me a little envious - with a tight deadline, Offer Expires This Weekend kind of thing. And when these deals happen, when hordes of new customers are suddenly attracted to Public Mobile ... PM SIM cards suddenly become utterly impossible to obtain, you won't find them in stores, you'll see people complaining that delivery times seem to be weeks, you'll people complaining that they (or their potential referral) couldn't get the PM deal in time because they couldn't obtain a PM SIM card in time.

Justin21

Thanks I see it now no wonder there is no limit when ordering but the other store has a limit of two.

Justin21

Yup you are right. Still $4.99 up to now. I see two types of sim, one sells by a small canadian business and another one says country of mexico origin

Do you think they are just the same?

HI @Korth_ 

try Amazon, it's $5

Korth_

How does one order PM SIM cards (for $5 each) without using the PM app?

My local Telus Mobility and Koodo Mobile stores of course do not have (never have) PM SIM cards in stock.

Yosemite_Sam
Can someone here, help me understand what this offer is??

For a limited time your friends and family can snag a physical SIM at half the price - just $5! Plus, our Refer a Friend bonus means more rewards for both of you. 

Is this the offer ... 1/2 price SIM card? Or can any one get the 1/2 price SIM card?

Share your unique Refer A Friend code and you’ll earn a point for every month your friend stays on board. Plus, your friend gets a one-time $10 credit when using your code.

The above is as usual...correct? 1 point or $1 off based on what rewards you  are on. 

Combine that with our fall deals, and everyone’s set for seasonal savings! 

Meaning current plan deals?

Here’s How it Works

• Log into My Account, select ‘Account’ to review account details and your personal Refer a Friend code 
  • Copy your personal referral link and share with your friends and family J_PM_0-1696342756377.png
  • Once the code is received, the code will automatically be applied when your friend activates using the referral link.  

Code is received by the new potential customer?

Note: You can purchase the discounted physical SIM from select online channels, our app, or specific store locations. 

But the new customer would have to buy ahead of time, the 1/2 price SIM card?

So is this all is what is being said......SIM cards are 1/2 off for October???

Does this help to entice a new customer that goes with eSim?

In the past both sides of the referral received $10 or $20 one time credit or the 6 x $5 credit. 

Am I missing something????? And I just checked the online PM SIM cards...they are $10. So is there a coupon offer for the 1/2 off?

Andy85

Thank you for the heads up!

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The $5 offer appears to be for New Activations Only.

HI @Pluto40 

look like it is still $10 

Go to buy from Amazon, it is just $5 there

Pluto40

Hi the sim card still is 10$ in the app do I need a special code to get sim card for 5$ .

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I felt the same way. Click bait.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

Geez you got me all excited thinking  pm was offering a extra bonus referral credit? A little extra incentive for the inevitable glitch some customers will run into with eversafe. 

Has pm figured out a fix for the "locked out-exceeded maximum login attempts" and/or the " create a community nickname-name taken" issue. Some customers have been g s a t  regular price $5.99+tax and free standard shopping via Canada Post (usually 5 business or less Toronto to Vancouver).

😀👍🐈

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Orders from this Public mobile site or the app usually takes up to 10 business days to arrive.  If more than 10 business days, then you can contact CSA for follow up.  

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

SIM cards are $4.99 at Amazon.ca

Need Help? Let's chat.