Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Open Issue] Trouble using iMessage & FaceTime Features

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We are aware that some of you are currently unable to successfully use iMessage and or FaceTime features,  and we understand how frustrating this can be. Our teams are working diligently to find the cause. 

In the meantime, please try troubleshoot steps:
Tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will continue to keep you updated. 

Thank you,

• Public Mobile Team
84 REPLIES 84

MacEd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My partner and I both signed up and ported our numbers over yesterday from our providers (Fido for me and Virgin for her) and are both having this exact issue regarding IMessage and FaceTime. Additionally we cannot use SMS. I personally can’t add my phone number under Settings —> Phone —> My number. I go to add it and the save button doesn’t work… really disappointed with this service thus far as while the price is great, not being able to text using my phone number is crazy. Given that this has seemed to be an issue for over a week now you would hope they would have figured out a fix quicker as well…

Jo-Anne1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I submitted a ticket to their Customer Support. All the links that used to be on this feed are gone to do so.  But the must have resolved something on the back end as it suddenly stopped doing the verifying my phone # and finally looked like it accepted my phone #. Then I did a restart and it started working perfectly!!

Mageebee

How did you get it resolved.  I switched over on Monday and still no texts or FaceTime. 
Just updating; went through messaging with customer support and then a ticket was put in to tech support.  I received a call from tech support on Friday afternoon and  my issues above were fixed.  100% now and very 😊

AnnieS

Mine’s resolved finally. Yay!

AnnieS

Hope so too. Mine is still not fixed ☹️

DSMR1

Seems like a fix is being rolled out. Our iPhone randomly was able to send/receive SMS today, calls were going through and the phone synced with iMessage. Nothing was done on our end, not sure what IT did but appreciate the team's efforts for finding a fix and implementing it. Hopefully others also notice the fix being applied to their accounts.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@J_PM - Why did it disappear from the announcements section on the community homepage?

AnnieS

Congrats! Hopefully mine gets resolved soon too!

JB_8992

Hope this is fixed soon, been four days now with no SMS. Reset the network settings on my Pixel phone so many times just waiting for it to be fixed.

Jo-Anne1

My iMessages and FaceTime are now finally recognizing my phone #!! I restarted the phone anfter I noticed this in my settings and all works great now. All of my issues are now resolved!!

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is this issue:

For new customers only?

For customers using data? Or Home wifi?

fixin1

@Jo-Anne1 - They are currently in a fix of that issue. If network resets don't work - you may just have to wait as their IT (Telus) people are currently in the works of fixing the issue and J_PM will announce the fix here.

Jo-Anne1

Many restarts and network resets and nothing has resolved my “verifying” phone # / iMessages and FaceTime only showing my email opposed to my phone #

AnnieS

Yep, I have an eSIM

Jo-Anne1

Just wondering if you have an eSIM too? This didn’t work to resolve my issues with FaceTime and iMessages either. 

AnnieS

Any updates?

I reset the network setting on my phone; the CSA refreshed the network setting on my number, but it’s still not working.

fixin1

@Jo-Anne1 - It is inside their system - so it will just probably update automatically on your SIM card. When you see that it has been resolved - please reboot your phone and the SIM will find the new carrier profile.

Jo-Anne1

This did help with my SSM messages but my FaceTime and IMessages still won’t recognize my phone # as is “verifying”.  Do you think it is this eSIM? Perhaps you should send physical SIMs to the people with these issues with the eSIMs/ verifying phone # issues/ FaceTime iMessage issues? 

fixin1

@Its_randy15 - Yeah, just wait and see what happens with this issue.

Its_randy15

Yup, I have tried that as well with no success. 

fixin1

@Its_randy15 - Yes, hopefully they will fix it. 

Did you already try Resetting network settings as the announcement suggested? You will lose all saved Bluetooth & Wi-Fi connections.

Its_randy15

I would love to know when this issue will get solved. I just got off the phone with Apple after an hour trying to troubleshoot... however everything looked clear on their end and there were no blocks with my phone number.

fixin1

Thanks @J_PM ! I am not experiencing this issue but will share it out on the community when someone posts about the issue with iMessage / FaceTime Activation.

Some people had RCS issues from what I've seen a couple days ago - RCS & iMessage / FaceTime issues.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM  Thanks for update !

Need Help? Let's chat.