Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Ongoing] Slower Response Times from Agents

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Due to unprecedented activity this Black Friday we’re seeing higher-than-normal volumes of tickets. Our agents are actively working on responding to every ticket submission. If you submitted a ticket this weekend and have still not received a response you should hear back soon. Please do not resubmit your ticket

In the meantime, if you have any questions about your Public Mobile service we recommend posting here on the Community or browsing our Help Articles for quick answers. 

Thank you again for your patience, we will provide updates as soon as they are available. 

Thank you, 

The Public Mobile Team

65 REPLIES 65

Godzillaz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@J_PM 

Any idea how far the backlog is?

I emailed @CS_Agent regarding issues, they replied please wait 72 hours. However ongoing issues still not resolved now (Jan 2nd 2024) well past Boxing Day + Black Friday

Is there any escalation process beyond simply waiting? Or any ETA for a fix to system issues?

Tired

make a complaint to their regulator and bodies like small claims court 

Tired

brutal. 

Tired

longer for me

Tired

if anyone would respond that could help other customers.... 

but no one responds

Tired

don't do it. if you can help it don't do it. 

Tired

It's not good enough. Why is the ticketing system broken at the busiest time? 

why have I sent 11 messages to CS_agent and got no response? 

it's terrible customer service. I'm so tired of this right now

Error 404 – Gone, but not forever

We’re sorry, but this page is currently unavailable. Please check back again soon.

Return to homepage

PMisterrible41

If you read my previous comments you would see that Public Mobile did not respond to any of a dozen private messages over a week.  Refusing to communicate with a customer to allow access to an account (so they can obtain necessary information to leave Public Mobile!!!) is completely unacceptable.  That is a major service issue and merited intervention from CCTS which magically worked. Public Mobile then called me right away after being forced to by CCTS.  Why didn't PM respond previously? There should be sanctions on Public Mobile.  Just read the terribly concerning comments on the Community board about the horrendous service. 

@PMisterrible41 wrote:

Following my complaint to CCTS less than 24 hours ago, I had a personal phone call from someone at Public Mobile midday today. He provided my account number which I had been seeking for two weeks. He said it was his job to reply promptly to CCTS complaints. Why would anyone do business with a company that refuses to communicate with its customers unless forced to do so by a regulatory authority? Public Mobile has an appalling reputation - well deserved. See Trust Pilot reviews. Don't sit online for hours waiting for Public Mobile to engage in back and forth chat with you (or just keep you waiting endlessly). File a CCTS complaint.

CCTS can be a very long process.  It's important to note that as a first step, the only thing that CCTS will do is contact the carreir for you and ask them to contact you.  During that time, it's very possible that Public Mobile will have contact the customer through regular channels and fixed the issue.  CCTS is more for disputes, and not necessarily for service issues. Examples of disputes would be a disagreement about the terms of service and the way that they were applied or if Public Mobile refused or was unable to fix an issue.  I suspect that CCTS rarely gets directly involved.

PMisterrible41

Following my complaint to CCTS less than 24 hours ago, I had a personal phone call from someone at Public Mobile midday today. He provided my account number which I had been seeking for two weeks. He said it was his job to reply promptly to CCTS complaints. Why would anyone do business with a company that refuses to communicate with its customers unless forced to do so by a regulatory authority? Public Mobile has an appalling reputation - well deserved. See Trust Pilot reviews. Don't sit online for hours waiting for Public Mobile to engage in back and forth chat with you (or just keep you waiting endlessly). File a CCTS complaint.

FS7575

I actually have 2 tickets open with PM for 2 different accounts.

One ticket was acknowledged and I am working with agents on for a few days for a similar issue to what you described and my card was overcharged 6 times (posted charges) for the same plan, been a lot of back and forth with multiple agents over a few days but at least I am getting 1-2 responses a day.  I will say I find it inefficient that multiple agents will work the same ticket, I don't see how that would help resolve an issue in a timely manner when I need to re-explain most it.  This one I will allow to run its course but if needed I do have the chat logs where I have enough evidence to support opening a CCTS complaint.

The other ticket nothing, anecdotally speaking there seems to be no priority given to how tickets are assigned and are not dealt with in the order that they arrive (at least that is the case with my 2)

JohnB1970

Wow that’s a long time I’m not sure why everyone else is waiting so long? I sent a message the other day and got a reply the next day but not a joke here I waited to hear back and it was more than 3 hours of going back and fourth messaging about a refund and a plan change and how they took money out of my account twice even after all that the issue was resolved but I got a good worker tho did not like the messaging back and fourth tho but I am happy with the outcome I do really feel bad for everyone else still waiting I did see a spike with the Black Friday event that’s when I tried to change my plan and they took money out of my account twice I wasn’t happy with that but I sure do hope they help everyone out in a timely matter! 

Jp99

Thanks for the link to CCTS.   I’ll keep that in mind if PM doesn’t respond.   

PMisterrible41

Spend your time waiting by filing a complaint with the CCTS so at least you know Public Mobile will have to respond eventually. It CCTS's  job to resolve problems with telecom providers.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

PMisterrible41

Spend your time waiting by filing a complaint with the CCTS so at least you know Public Mobile will have to respond eventually. It CCTS's  job to resolve problems with telecom providers.

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/

FS7575

We’re being asked to not open another ticket and an agent will eventually respond, for those us that have been waiting days without any response, not even a courtesy automated response that it may take X days to acknowledge your ticket what is considered reasonable before we open another one?  
I am now into the 72 hour territory, which in my mind is unreasonable. Even an automated message apologizing for the delay, acknowledging the ticket is in the queue and an agent will be assigned is better than just the ticket number in a sent box of the private message.  I have no idea if an agent is assigned.

durrtyd0u66y

i've been in reply-hell for over a week....

PMisterrible41

I have just now filed a complaint in writing with the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-Television Services.  It is unacceptable that Public Mobile has refused to provide access to my account or respond to Private Messages for over a week. I am reading about all of these people signing up for Public Mobile but if they had any idea of the nightmarish customer service, they would not do so. 

Jp99

Hi,

I’ve been waiting since Sunday for a response.  I don’t even have an account setup but public mobile took four transactions out of my credit card over the weekend when the system was overloaded due to Black Friday.   I’m glad I have service with Koodo now.  Hopefully pm comes up with better way of communicating with customers messaging is getting too frustrating.  Hope someone contacts me soon. 

RaizerLeaf

Yeah I've been getting different agents responding, but agreed some of this stuff seems like basic service stuff. I feel reinforced in wanting to cancel and get a refund. Trying to get proper responses (I understand time delays in responses right now) is just infuriating.

I'll keep everyone posted on my scenario as it develops. Currently planning on sticking with my Koodo plan.

MF67
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’ve gotten responses, but each time I have a different agent. Not particularly helpful for continuity purposes. Anyhow the last agent that responded to me didn’t seem to know that I could change my plan upon renewal or that I didn’t need the funds in my account since I had direct withdrawal. What? These are basic facts. I’d rather wait longer and have an agent that knows what’s going on. 

RaizerLeaf

Yeah I just asked again for them to process the refund on their end. This is already headache enough I don't want the further headache of filing a chargeback and having an investigation go through, thats an even longer turnaround.

@RaizerLeaf wrote:

I just had an agent tell me to do a chargeback with my credit card company if I want a refund.

I'm completely baffled

@RaizerLeaf , please don’t do that or you will lose your service here! If you ever want to use an account here again they will make it very difficult for you & tell you to pay using vouchers for quite some time! Some agents give the wrong advice! Thats when we ask for a different CS_Agent! By your response though you already know that you were given the wrong advice! 🙂

JohnB1970

What? That’s crazy!! 

RaizerLeaf

I just had an agent tell me to do a chargeback with my credit card company if I want a refund.

I'm completely baffled

JohnB1970

Wow are they not working or they just reply when they want? I would love a job like that lol when I can reply when I want! I’m amazed I had replies yesterday but the outcome was me getting a refund on my account and plan change but that took more than 3 hours to accomplish but it was worth it for the wait not sure why everyone else is waiting 20 plus hours to get help that’s nuts! 

daniel_claway
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Waiting to transfer my number from Koodo to PM. I submitted the ticket myself last night finally. I hope one agent could help me transfer number over. otherwise both service provide will charge me for next month.

frustrating and understandable.

BRenda18

I had Alex then he never responded after the initial and now I have Silvio. He response once yesterday... yet to hear from him today still. 

BRenda18

brutal. thankful that i only attempt this twice... still $76.00 right now would be nice. One guy in the community said he attempted over 10 times😳

Need Help? Let's chat.