Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Ongoing] Slower Response Times from Agents

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Due to unprecedented activity this Black Friday we’re seeing higher-than-normal volumes of tickets. Our agents are actively working on responding to every ticket submission. If you submitted a ticket this weekend and have still not received a response you should hear back soon. Please do not resubmit your ticket

In the meantime, if you have any questions about your Public Mobile service we recommend posting here on the Community or browsing our Help Articles for quick answers. 

Thank you again for your patience, we will provide updates as soon as they are available. 

Thank you, 

The Public Mobile Team

65 REPLIES 65

rdgo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

10 business days 😥

JohnB1970

That’s not true they have replied to me on and off all day yesterday I guess it depends on the person u are talking to? As I was lucky enough to get a women named Claudia which her response time was slow but she got what I needed done. Hopefully u get someone good like I did I’m new to this company. I don’t like the messaging back and fourth I rather talk on the phone to customer service but they don’t have a line to get a hold of them I didn’t know that until a few weeks back that they only have this messaging back and fourth.

BRenda18

I have also requested a refund, what did they tell you for a timeline for that?

BRenda18

That is my feeling too. I do not want to be going through anything with customer service again. Thankfully, I have had service with my current provider (Koodo) this whole time and definitely feel for the individuals who have been out of service this whole time while waiting for support. 

rdgo

I've been promised refund but didn't receive anything yet 

I  opened a complaint at CCTS waiting for the response. Guys we can’t accept being treated like Telus charged us get the money and provide no service that's unbelievable 

RaizerLeaf

Hey there

I put through a request for a refund and I'm currently in the process and going through it with customer support.

Same as you maybe in the future I'll revisit them but not being able to use my service cause of a dependency of customer support for 5 days is ridiculous for me and I don't wanna run into a scenario in the future where trying to talk to CS again is time consuming 

BRenda18

I have, they have now reached out but they only reply once a day so it is a slow back and forth... hopefully today it will get sorted... I just am asking for a refund at this point. Maybe eventually I will come back to Publics but at this point I am done

theotherleah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm in the same boat 😞 so frustrating!

JohnB1970

I sent out a ticket yesterday and today got a reply but having the plan changed and everything took them a few hours to edit my account I waited but it was worth the wait 🙂

RaizerLeaf

Bought the plan on Saturday. Still can't access it and still haven't heard from support from my ticket or manage to get a hold of them on live chat (literally twice i've gone from being #1 in queue to back to 35+).

Think I should just get a refund and cancel at this point.

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello @BRenda18  that's way too long and understand your frustration totally but I think you should send another message to customer support.

Ahmadjr

@BRenda18 , yeah I ported out .. no point in waiting basically all carriers with customer service offering similar plans and price points right now … 

luckily my Telus business account t rep was able to call his support line and get me out!

BRenda18

I have been waiting over 80 hours now... and still nothing. 

PMisterrible41

@J_PM How do you submit a ticket when you cannot access your account and attempts to do so take you into round after round of clearing caches and cookies and trying again?  I sent a private message into the great void of nothingness yesterday.  There has been no response. 

Anth4

It's ridiculous that there isn't even an OPTION to speak to someone on the phone. I just love exchanging messages that take days or a week to get back to me when I am trying to solve an urgent issue. Great service. 

PMisterrible41

I have been waiting 22 hours for a reply to my urgent request for support from @CS_Agent. Why is Public Mobile dedicating resources to acquiring new customers instead of servicing existing customers? It is false to suggest that Public Mobile has "unprecedented activity".  Is that double-speak for "we deliberately understaff during promotional periods" or "we activate new products like Eversafe that don't work and won't put resources in place to fix them". Perhaps Public Mobile should refuse to sign up any new customers and say that they are "at capacity".  Twenty-two hours is a VERY long time and not reasonable.  I cannot even file a ticket because I have been arbitrarily locked out of my account. 

@flippant wrote:

thanks LitLdy, did that. Though even that was hard to find as an option

@flippant unfortunately Public Mobile does not make it very PUBLIC or obvious on how to private message CS_Agent. Usually it is found out through a failed attempt at the Chatbot, or someone asks other community members the question on the forum and other members just share the direct link to CS_Agent.
I believe it is Public Mobile's responsibility to make this apparent to all their customers, but others don't seem to support this. 😐 

Ahmadjr

@LitlLdy thank you for the guidance. I will stop by the store in the morning to get a simcard so I can get this resolved as soon as possible.

Thank you again 🙂

@Ahmadjr wrote:

It was stuck on "activating" I tried everything. Waited over an hour after trying to reboot. I did 2 other esims earlier today with Public and no issues.

@Ahmadjr , oh no! That’s frustrating! I don’t know why some successfully install correctly & some don’t!

CS_Agent will tell you to purchase another eSIM or to purchase a SIM Card but please ask them to credit the account after doing so. Save proof of purchase to show them a screenshot of it. Tell them you can’t get into the account to purchase another eSIM & need them to provide you with a new QR Code so you can scan it with the phone or do a SIM Swap for you after you get the SIM Card.

Ahmadjr

It was stuck on "activating" I tried everything. Waited over an hour after trying to reboot. I did 2 other esims earlier today with Public and no issues.

@Ahmadjr wrote:

My esim failed to activate. I cannot login because it wants to send a message to my number which obviously isn't on my phone. I can't swap sims and need to wait for support. There should be a way to get in to the account and make simple changes like this perhaps using your email .

@Ahmadjr , if you eSIM installed but didn’t activate all I had to do was these steps below to activate  mine!

Reboot your phone.

In cellular settings make sure that “Turn On This Line “ (for iPhone ) is selected. (I am not positive where the setting is on a different phone to turn it on, possibly ‘Turn on your eSIM under Mobile Network’), reboot your phone. (You may need to reset network settings then reboot)

Ahmadjr

Thank you! I'll had to the store in the morning so at least I have it in hand as the line is for my dad and now he has no service.

Aymanlab

I had the same issue and the support told me to get physical sim from local store then contact them to link your number with the physical sim. 

That's what I did and issue got resolved

Ahmadjr

My esim failed to activate. I cannot login because it wants to send a message to my number which obviously isn't on my phone. I can't swap sims and need to wait for support. There should be a way to get in to the account and make simple changes like this perhaps using your email .

flippant

thanks LitLdy, did that. Though even that was hard to find as an option

danl44

As a side note, during the high traffic period i tried both the website and the app, i found the app to be more responsive

@flippant , @Yayster

You can send a private message to a CS_Agent using the link: ->   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

A CS_Agent will respond back in your Community mailbox (envelope icon) at the top right of this page to the left of your community avatar on your computer or by clicking on your avatar on your device.

Aymanlab

It is understandable but there should be priority to tickets that are related to having no service at all. My number was ported out yesterday morning from koodo and the activation on public side failed so I am stuck with no service at all. I have so much going on and I know the fix is super easy if I someone have access,  all what is needed is just to link the number with the new sim card.

Pleaseeee at least change recovery code to be sent to another number 

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Or, in the computer lingo, the situation had turned into a Denial-of-Service (DoS) attack. 😊

Understandable, and my sympathies with the @CS_Agent team for managing it with absolute determination.  ❤️ I do hope, though, that necessary lessons have been drawn to avoid recurrence. 

MrAnders

What's the quickest and most painless way to switch to PM? Is there no phone number or ability to speak to someone?

Need Help? Let's chat.