cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now it’s even easier to refer your friends and save!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We’re excited to announce we are improving the way you Refer-a-Friend ! Starting today, you will be able to copy your personal referral link from ‘My Account’ and share it with friends and family. Additionally, you can now share your links directly to your social media like Whatsapp, Facebook, and Twitter.  

Upgrades:

1. Referral  links will now allow you to land directly on the plans page, no more extra effort searching 
  2. No need to enter the code manually during activation, the code will automatically be applied if a customer activates using the referral link.  

Refer a Friend Reward:

• Refer a friend to Public Mobile, and you’ll receive one point for every 30 days your friend stays with us. Your friend will also receive a one-time $10 credit when they use your referral code. Note: your referral code can be found on your My Rewards homepage.
  • This means if you refer 10 friends and they subscribe to a Public Mobile plan, you will get 10 points every 30 days! That’s a $120 value per year. Plus, each friend will earn a one-time credit of $10. 

Don’t miss the opportunity to earn your Refer-A-Friend reward, simply share and earn! For more information on Public Mobile Rewards click here

- The Public Mobile Team

13 REPLIES 13

@Nni wrote:

Hi, just want to confirm, my friend has recently used my referral code and got the 10$ credit but I didn't receive any notice that I am earning this refer-a-friend one point reward, am I suppose to get any notification that my referral code was used or that someone have successfully used my code? Or will I just receive one point after 30 days from now? Because my other friend did receive notice when I first join and used her referral code. 

I would suggest logging into your My Rewards account to check if 1 point was added to the amount shown that you would receive every 30 days.

Nni
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, just want to confirm, my friend has recently used my referral code and got the 10$ credit but I didn't receive any notice that I am earning this refer-a-friend one point reward, am I suppose to get any notification that my referral code was used or that someone have successfully used my code? Or will I just receive one point after 30 days from now? Because my other friend did receive notice when I first join and used her referral code. 

Community_QA_
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@J_PM that is new.  I just checked and I see it there. 

@Priority- You can make an id yourself and do this yourself making it "look" like you're that customer. Yes I understand the after the fact method. I was looking at our intrepid explorer to try out this code link after the fact to see what if anything happens to a fully created account (without code) and whether the code gets applied or not. Maybe it's a way to not bother support afterwards.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you are just directed to the App to complete Activation I don't see a point, I hate doing Activations on the website and recommend that everyone do it from beginning to end always using the App. 

One time we forgot to enter my Friend Referral Code upon Activation. Since it was someone who's staying with Public Mobile long term I wanted the referral and didn't want to lose it considering it was a simple mistake.

I contacted Customer Support and they said the Customer who forgot to enter it must contact in from them a Community ID tied to the EverSafe ID of the Account you forgot to enter the code on. 

Once your Friend Referral contacts in, they'll verify their account and explain that they forgot to enter a 'Friend Referral Code' upon Activation and you'd like them to apply it from the backend, simply provide the Friend Referral Code that you want to use and they should be able to apply it for you.

They we're able to successfully Add mine to my Friends Account who forgot to enter it upon Activation, they got $10 credit immediately and I get the 1pt per month now. 

@Priority- Thanks. The copy copies this to the clipboard:
https://publicmobile.ca/en/ab/plans?referral=######
which as mentioned goes to the plans page. Select a plan and start new or sign in to a partially created account.

So I do have an unpaid start of a sign up and pasted the link into a browser address bar and logged in to that unpaid started sign up on the web page and at the payment screen, lo and behold, there was the referral code and a green checkmark and all. Apparently pulled from the cookie.

But yeah again I don't know that this would be useful for the app. The app doesn't use an address. How do you get there from here. So the way to use it is to start the sign up on the web page using the link and then complete the sign up in the app.

Maybe you could test signing up an account without the code and then log back in from the link and see if it might apply the code. If it doesn't then obviously you would need to ask support to add it for that account. Could be interesting to see if a code can be added afterwards. The three accounts I have already have codes applied so I can't test it myself.

Priority

I did notice this change within the My Account and was quite taken back! I pressed copy, and it said 'Copied to Clipboard' on my Samsung, however when I went to Paste it pasted the thing from before.. so it will not copy, same as when you press 'Copy' beside your Friend Referral Code it still doesn't add to Clipboard or copy at all on my Samsung..

Unfortunately, I'll never use this method as I prefer manually typing in my Friend Referral Code to always make sure it's applied and correct, I'd rather do it manually and the old fashioned way so that I know I'm doing it right and that its 100% Applied, over trusting some automated system that may not work properly.

It's a great addition to the My Account please don't misunderstand me, it will most certainly make referring people and sharing on Social Media alot easier especially with the 0/o situations.. as of yet I just don't know how reliable it is and I'm not willing to test it out since I like the old method of manually typing mine in.

Sort of like Physical SIM vs e-SIM, physical SIM will always take the cake since it's easily transferable to another device if needed even though e-SIM is a great new technology.

@dust2dust I do all my Activations from beginning to end using the Public Mobile app for everyone.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@Priority- Let us know if this works. I can follow the code from the url into a cookie but I didn't go through a sign up. I'm guessing the system reaches down into the cookie to extract the code when finally getting to the code screen. But I seem to think this link thing is only useful for starting on the web site. Not the app.

XionBunny

Nice to see a nice rollback to the old days, great improvement. 🙂

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Retro-back to how it used to work before all these software "upgrades".

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM , thanks. To bad we’re not allowed sharing them on here 😔. I have no one to give my referral code to! I don’t have any social media accounts (Public Mobile doesn’t count). I am probably the only one on here that had 0 referrals since I’ve been with Public Mobile in 2019! 😆 

@Handy1 wrote:

@J_PM  This is awesome news , that’s great Ty for sharing . Now I just need some friends other then this community 😝 

haha me too.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM  This is awesome news , that’s great Ty for sharing . Now I just need some friends other then this community 😝 

Need Help? Let's chat.