Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Changes and Improvements to the Public Mobile App

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community,

We're working hard to continuously improve our app to enhance your Public Mobile experience. That’s why we’re launching this dedicated post to keep you informed about all the changes and updates - both past and present - that we've made to our app.

You've spoken, and we've listened. Your feedback is invaluable to us and plays a significant role in shaping our journey. We understand that while we can't address every single concern instantly, we're committed to gradually making changes that matter most to you.

Important: It's essential to keep your app up-to-date for the latest fixes and improvements. Some updates will be required as they address major issues, ensuring you get the best Public Mobile experience.

Keep an eye on this post as we'll be updating it regularly with the latest app changes and improvements. Whenever there's a new update, check back here to see what's been fixed.

App Updates:

Version 1.4.0: 10/11/23

• We've upgraded our payment system to make transactions smoother and to bring you even more secure, modern payment options.
  • We've also tweaked how we handle your credit card information for added security.

Version 1.3.1: 9/19/23

• Sharing is Caring. You can now easily share Refer-a-Friend links with friends and family, right from the app.
  • Now compatible with the latest Android 14 and iOS 17, you can continue enjoying a seamless experience.
  • We've given our plan cards a makeover. Check them out for clearer, more informative details that highlight the value you're getting.

Version 1.3.0: 8/11/23

• Your credit card transactions are now even safer
  • All support options are now right in the app. No more redirecting you elsewhere
  • When the network is busy, we’ll give you clearer updates
  • After requesting a number transfer, please keep the app open
  • Copying your phone's IMEI number? It's easier now
  • Sometimes certain features may be unavailable (like eSIM or transferring a number). We'll show you clear alerts if that happens

Version 1.2.0: 7/17/2023

• You can now refresh 'My Account' and other sections just by pulling down on the screen
  • We'll let you know as soon as there's a new app update ready for you in the store.
  • We've ironed out some bugs that were causing crashes for our Android users.
  • We've made it easier to download and install eSIMs.
  • We've enhanced our address lookup feature across the app for a smoother experience

Version 1.1.3: 7/05/2023

• We've implemented several minor enhancements for a faster and smoother app experience.

Version 1.1.2: 6/09/2023

• Improvements to session lengths to reduce the frequency of log-ins. This means you’ll experience fewer disruptions and spend less time logging back in
  • Reduced app crashes

Version 1.1.1: 6/02/2023

• UI updates and fixes for improved customer experience. 

Version 1.1.0: 5/26/2023

• We’ve made a number of small improvements to ensure the app runs faster and more smoothly.

- The Public Mobile Team

135 REPLIES 135

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile App Update:Version 2.0.3: 5/02/2024

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile App Update: Version 2.0.2: 4/02/2024

(It doesn’t state what was updated, fixed, or changed!)

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LitlLdy - Yeah, I just updated to it! No changes seen… yet.

@fixin wrote:

@J_PM - Version 2.0 3/12/2024

• Redesign 

@fixin , the newest update now is today (3/12/2024) : 2.0.1

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@J_PM - Version 2.0 3/12/2024

• Redesign 

@LitlLdy wrote:

@DennyCrane , the app didn’t stay working for me long, it will not allow me to view it. Kicked me out and asks me to sign in. I sign in, add the 2FA code and kicks me back out!

This same thing was also happening 24 hours earlier.

@DennyCrane , the app didn’t stay working for me long, it will not allow me to view it. Kicked me out and asks me to sign in. I sign in, add the 2FA code and kicks me back out!

I just downloaded it tonight. First impression is that it appears to load a bit quicker. That said, the main page shows a different data usage and limit than the usage breakdown page. And prior to the update the main page said what the usage breakdown shows in the new update. Also our plan is 50GB, not 56GB.

I think this has potential though. I like the colours.

1000011560.png

1000011561.png

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile App Update: Version 2.0.0: 3/11/2024

An exciting update has arrived to the Public Mobile app. This version introduces a sleeker design and improved functionality for a better user experience. Enjoy the new data usage tracker and smoother app navigation.

It's all part of our ongoing effort to enhance the way you manage your account and mobile services with Public Mobile.

Edit: Another update: 2.0.1 : 3/12/2024

RudyF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Comment from a recent member who ported in: when using your app to finish activating and porting your number, you should have port with account number display first and mention this is the preferred method.  Instead currently you have port with IMEI displayed first which I thought was preferred but apparently isn't.  I ended up getting stuck on step 6 of 6 and couldn't rectify the situation and being a first time member, it took a while to get help.  Always mention the preferred method that gives less errors on a service that has minimal live CS interaction.  It will make for a much easier transition for everyone.

HI @Void 

never heard of people lossing number because slowness of the site.   You have a experience yourself?

Void

The app and website is bad. Besides the slowness, the cookie/cache issue is a nasty security flaw. There are people losing their number which might very well be caused by it.

Tayykayy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The app isn’t too bad a little slow but works alright 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

The app hasn’t had any updates in 3 months! Must be about time 😃 

Joaq

I find the App slow for majority of the times

Murps51

Have you stopped accepting pre-paid Visa cards as payment then...?

muffin_top

Using the app on an iPhone 12 mini is still very slow. Slow load times compared to other apps out there when I’m on wifi. A bit better on desktop though.

smh_23

My app always takes quite a while to load, but opens up eventually. 

Little_Tess

The app never loads for me it stays on the loading page until I select something then it loads. I have never had to re log in. 

GoldFusion

Still the app is taking a while to load. Wonder if it’s due to using eversafe or too much traffic accessing the app.

@DennyCrane wrote:

All I know is that for the last week or so I have to sign into the Android app every time I open it. No OTP thankfully but I have to login each time. Prior to this my login held for weeks at a time.

@DennyCrane , I haven’t had to login for several months on the iOS app! Let’s see if I just jinx myself! 😆 With that said it lags badly not wanting to load lately! I may uninstall it then install again to see if it fixes it!

Edit: The app still lags very badly & is much worse than it used to be!

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

All I know is that for the last week or so I have to sign into the Android app every time I open it. No OTP thankfully but I have to login each time. Prior to this my login held for weeks at a time.

@ValeryD1 wrote:
@J_PM , What's new in version 1.4.1?

@ValeryD1 , Sorry, I forgot to post it. All it said on mine when I updated a week ago was: 1.4.1    - Defect fixes to improve customer experience.

I know you didn’t ask me though, 😆  J_PM probably knows a lot more though.

ValeryD1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
@J_PM , What's new in version 1.4.1?

@cg658 iPhone XR is VoLTE compatible on PM. All accounts are enabled for VoLTE, so it just comes down to the device.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

To verify that it works:

1) Temporarily turn wifi off

2) Ensure you're connected to the 4G/LTE network

3) Make a phone call.

4) When the call connects watch the top of your screen to see if the phone stays connected to 4G/LTE or whether it drops to 3G. It should stay on 4G/LTE, which means you have VoLTE.

cg658

I have an iPhone XR which doesn’t seem to have the option to switch to volte? I also activated with PM prior to Feb 2023 so will have to wait to get enabled on volte eventually. Thanks for your comments. 

cg658

I didn't have much luck with add-ons to the US on two separate visits.  Curious which company still uses 3G that you were able to connect with?

cprnicus
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

"You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."  - 

PrizmalEDM

The most recent update is actually good, looking forward to the continued improvements on the Public Mobile app!

Need Help? Let's chat.