Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Changes and Improvements to the Public Mobile App

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community,

We're working hard to continuously improve our app to enhance your Public Mobile experience. That’s why we’re launching this dedicated post to keep you informed about all the changes and updates - both past and present - that we've made to our app.

You've spoken, and we've listened. Your feedback is invaluable to us and plays a significant role in shaping our journey. We understand that while we can't address every single concern instantly, we're committed to gradually making changes that matter most to you.

Important: It's essential to keep your app up-to-date for the latest fixes and improvements. Some updates will be required as they address major issues, ensuring you get the best Public Mobile experience.

Keep an eye on this post as we'll be updating it regularly with the latest app changes and improvements. Whenever there's a new update, check back here to see what's been fixed.

App Updates:

Version 1.4.0: 10/11/23

• We've upgraded our payment system to make transactions smoother and to bring you even more secure, modern payment options.
  • We've also tweaked how we handle your credit card information for added security.

Version 1.3.1: 9/19/23

• Sharing is Caring. You can now easily share Refer-a-Friend links with friends and family, right from the app.
  • Now compatible with the latest Android 14 and iOS 17, you can continue enjoying a seamless experience.
  • We've given our plan cards a makeover. Check them out for clearer, more informative details that highlight the value you're getting.

Version 1.3.0: 8/11/23

• Your credit card transactions are now even safer
  • All support options are now right in the app. No more redirecting you elsewhere
  • When the network is busy, we’ll give you clearer updates
  • After requesting a number transfer, please keep the app open
  • Copying your phone's IMEI number? It's easier now
  • Sometimes certain features may be unavailable (like eSIM or transferring a number). We'll show you clear alerts if that happens

Version 1.2.0: 7/17/2023

• You can now refresh 'My Account' and other sections just by pulling down on the screen
  • We'll let you know as soon as there's a new app update ready for you in the store.
  • We've ironed out some bugs that were causing crashes for our Android users.
  • We've made it easier to download and install eSIMs.
  • We've enhanced our address lookup feature across the app for a smoother experience

Version 1.1.3: 7/05/2023

• We've implemented several minor enhancements for a faster and smoother app experience.

Version 1.1.2: 6/09/2023

• Improvements to session lengths to reduce the frequency of log-ins. This means you’ll experience fewer disruptions and spend less time logging back in
  • Reduced app crashes

Version 1.1.1: 6/02/2023

• UI updates and fixes for improved customer experience. 

Version 1.1.0: 5/26/2023

• We’ve made a number of small improvements to ensure the app runs faster and more smoothly.

- The Public Mobile Team

135 REPLIES 135

It would be nice if we could do it ourselves

I like to update myself

Valleyvoice
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used add-ons twice this past month for travel to USA and the system worked well.  To access phone calls in the USA I needed to connect with a company that still used 3G.

4star601
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just moved an account/number over to an esim from a physical sim on an Iphone SE(2020).  Worked great.  My wife is a happy camper.

ValeryD1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So far ver 1.4.0 works good .

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thank you @J_PM for getting the Postal Code issue all sorted! 🙏🤝

I notice every improvement! 🙌

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Public Mobile App Update

Version 1.3.2: 10/03/2023

• Usability improvements
  • Bug fixes

Edit: To add another update.

Public Mobile App Update

Version 1.4.0: 10/11/2023

• We've upgraded our payment system to make transactions smoother and to bring you even more secure, modern payment options.
  • We've also tweaked how we handle your credit card information for added security.

ValeryD1

App ver. 1.3.2 works fine, np.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @LitlLdy 

and you check this post a lot for the latest app version  🙂

@hTideGnow , I usually have the updates before it’s posted! 😆 I have posted it here a couple times to notify others before post is updated! 🤣

HI @LitlLdy 

and you check this post a lot for the latest app version  🙂

@Little_Tess wrote:

Does the app update automatically? Or do we need to check for update and then update?

I check for updates in my app store daily for updates. Sometimes mine update automatically when plugged in to charge & connected to my Wi-Fi.

@Little_Tess  You need to check , unless you have it set in your phone settings and App Store settings automatically update apps 

Little_Tess

Does the app update automatically? Or do we need to check for update and then update?

@ChuckYeah  No sorry you can only update the credit card in your account . To remove  the credit card completely you need the help of support to do that 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Can you remove your credit card from your account? I don't see how I can.

@jhsu wrote:

I can't find the change payment function at APP

@jhsu 

To manage your payment method follow these steps:

1. Log in to the Public Mobile app  (select + symbol on bottom left)
  2. Go to the ‘Payments’ tab
  3. Select ‘Manage Subscription’
  4. Select ‘Manage Card Information’
  5. Input your payment details
  6. Select ‘Save Payment Information’

Edit: I type way to slow!

@jhsu- Tap the + in a circle in the lower left. Payments should show up. Tap that. Go into subscription and manage my subscription

jhsu

I can't find the change payment function at APP

ValeryD1

New update 1.3.1 works good. 

One simple problem after update, I should clear cache and data to solve the problem in login.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Version 1.3.1: 9/19/23

1h ago

• Sharing is Caring. You can now easily share Refer-a-Friend links with friends and family, right from the app.
  • Now compatible with the latest iOS 17, you can continue enjoying a seamless experience.
  • We've given our plan cards a makeover. Check them out for clearer, more informative details that highlight the value you're getting.

ValeryD1

I would like to share my latest experience in activating a SIM card and opening a new account and plan for a new user.
The latest “innovations” from PM are simply amazing! I previously registered 3 users without any problems. Now, after paying the bill, only one option appears in the computer browser - download the application. This is where the adventure began!!!
Installing the app on my phone resulted in a web error. pages. I had to ask for help and then the same problems begin, there is still no account number, no pin, etc.
I remembered the problems with Chrome and installed a Samsung Internet browser on my Samsung phone. After that - bingo - I completed the full registration and everything worked. But I’m not 100% sure that obviously only installing a different browser on the phone and the agent from the PM helped. In any case, I would like to draw your attention to similar problems with registering a new account.

Jojo45

The app won't even work lol. I had to go onto Google to log in. 

Topgun87

Would it be possible to integrate the phone facial/biometrics login to the app? I really like how some apps, such as Canadian Tire Triangle Rewards, have this integrated.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Would it be possible to have it so that when one types in the password that one might then press Enter and it proceeds? As it is I press tab 4 times and press enter. Or have to reach for the mouse and locate the arrow and move the mouse to the big clickable button and click. It's way easier just to press enter. I'm much more familiar with pressing enter on logins.

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Would it be possible to integrate the phone facial/biometrics login to the app? I really like how some apps, such as Canadian Tire Triangle Rewards, have this integrated.

Wrong reply 

Fast_J

Installed the app today. Won't open after numerous attempts. Compatibility issue with Brave browser app?

EDIT: I am now able to utilize the Brave browser app. It ended up being a setting issue.

ValeryD1

So far, Version 1.3.0: 8/11/23 works good!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Update: The Public Mobile app is finally working again on my iPhone/iPad  7/15/2023 , 6:20pm (ADT)!

Need Help? Let's chat.