Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Changes and Improvements to the Public Mobile App

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community,

We're working hard to continuously improve our app to enhance your Public Mobile experience. That’s why we’re launching this dedicated post to keep you informed about all the changes and updates - both past and present - that we've made to our app.

You've spoken, and we've listened. Your feedback is invaluable to us and plays a significant role in shaping our journey. We understand that while we can't address every single concern instantly, we're committed to gradually making changes that matter most to you.

Important: It's essential to keep your app up-to-date for the latest fixes and improvements. Some updates will be required as they address major issues, ensuring you get the best Public Mobile experience.

Keep an eye on this post as we'll be updating it regularly with the latest app changes and improvements. Whenever there's a new update, check back here to see what's been fixed.

App Updates:

Version 1.4.0: 10/11/23

• We've upgraded our payment system to make transactions smoother and to bring you even more secure, modern payment options.
  • We've also tweaked how we handle your credit card information for added security.

Version 1.3.1: 9/19/23

• Sharing is Caring. You can now easily share Refer-a-Friend links with friends and family, right from the app.
  • Now compatible with the latest Android 14 and iOS 17, you can continue enjoying a seamless experience.
  • We've given our plan cards a makeover. Check them out for clearer, more informative details that highlight the value you're getting.

Version 1.3.0: 8/11/23

• Your credit card transactions are now even safer
  • All support options are now right in the app. No more redirecting you elsewhere
  • When the network is busy, we’ll give you clearer updates
  • After requesting a number transfer, please keep the app open
  • Copying your phone's IMEI number? It's easier now
  • Sometimes certain features may be unavailable (like eSIM or transferring a number). We'll show you clear alerts if that happens

Version 1.2.0: 7/17/2023

• You can now refresh 'My Account' and other sections just by pulling down on the screen
  • We'll let you know as soon as there's a new app update ready for you in the store.
  • We've ironed out some bugs that were causing crashes for our Android users.
  • We've made it easier to download and install eSIMs.
  • We've enhanced our address lookup feature across the app for a smoother experience

Version 1.1.3: 7/05/2023

• We've implemented several minor enhancements for a faster and smoother app experience.

Version 1.1.2: 6/09/2023

• Improvements to session lengths to reduce the frequency of log-ins. This means you’ll experience fewer disruptions and spend less time logging back in
  • Reduced app crashes

Version 1.1.1: 6/02/2023

• UI updates and fixes for improved customer experience. 

Version 1.1.0: 5/26/2023

• We’ve made a number of small improvements to ensure the app runs faster and more smoothly.

- The Public Mobile Team

135 REPLIES 135

@DennyCrane wrote:

@LitlLdy Yup mines working now. 

@DennyCrane , if your device using the android app or apple? I uninstalled it again on my iPad just now, rebooted, reinstalled & still getting app under maintenance! 😞 

@LitlLdy Yup mines working now. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM , @Tiana_V , Update: The My Account webpage is fixed but my Public Mobile app on my iPad is still under maintenance! I updated my Public Mobile app to the newest version 1.3.0!

The Public Mobile app is fixed for android users though as per @XionBunny on the latest app update!

IMG_0206.png

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Update: App is under maintenance & our My Account webpage!

IMG_0203.jpeg

IMG_0204.png

@DennyCrane wrote:

My android app just updated and now I can't login. I put in my credentials and it just keeps looping back to the login screen. Anyone else experience something similar?

@DennyCrane , yes then it gave me an error (I posted it in next message)! I guess it is not finished!

Thank you!

Version 1.3.0: 8/15/2023

Now with that said… it gives me errors when signing in (it signed me out) so I uninstalled it, rebooted then installed in again & still getting the same errors!

IMG_0201.jpeg

Edit: @J_PM ! I guess it needs worked on! 😔 

@LitlLdy wrote:

New Public Mobile App update:

What's New

Your credit card transactions are now even safer
All support options are now right in the app. No more redirecting you elsewhere
When the network is busy, we'll give you clearer updates
After requesting a number transfer, please keep the app open
Copying your phone's IMEl number? It's easier now
Sometimes certain features may be unavailable (like SIM or transferring a number). We'll show you clear alerts if that happens
Thanks @LitlLdy 

the word about CC trans. are now safer makes me nervous.. so it wasn't safe before ???😂

My android app just updated and now I can't login. I put in my credentials and it just keeps looping back to the login screen. Anyone else experience something similar?

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM ,

New Public Mobile App update:

What's New

• Your credit card transactions are now even safer
  • All support options are now right in the app. No more redirecting you elsewhere
  • When the network is busy, we'll give you clearer updates
  • After requesting a number transfer, please keep the app open
  • Copying your phone's IMEl number? It's easier now
  • Sometimes certain features may be unavailable (like SIM or transferring a number). We'll show you clear alerts if that happens

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM ,

Would Public Mobile consider using Face ID or Touch ID (Biometric) to sign into the app?

Also, would Public Mobile eventually consider allowing the choice of using an Authentication App to get the code to sign in? That would help for those with lost/stolen devices, or not able to receive the 2FA to their phone #! In my opinion an Authentication App seems more secure than sending the code to one’s device!

WonderMa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for your update!

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It works better for Apple than Android. It's still coming along for both and will get better over time. 

We see improvements every week.

Danyar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The app still sucks.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Please fix and add in Postal codes for Newer Developments.. some people can't sign up or pay since their Postal code isn't recognized by your system.

@TBB- Not in the states. There are lots of stores that sell these vouchers. But ok, online. Go to recharge.com and buy enough to cover your plan cost and then dial 611 to enter it. If you're running out of minutes too often then you might want to go up to the unlimited minutes plan for $25.

TBB

Maybe you’re in the US? Haven’t seen those here. But either way it’s not feasible for me to go out and purchase vouchers in store. I need a monthly bill that covers all of my phone calls. I run out of minutes too often and this is the first time I haven’t been able to add funds.

@TBB- Not that chatbot. But anyway, without being able to log in then you can't do that anyway. Are you resistant to buying vouchers for some reason? They're available online for a slight extra fee for the convenience. Or lots of stores. Or do you have like a Mobil gas station near you to do the real time payments.

TBB

I tried the chat bot and they said they are just salesmen. Appreciate your help though. 

IMG_1414.png

@TBB- It's not. I think the chatbot also has a way to take a payment but you need to be able to login. But there are all these ways to make a payment. So without the account pin then #2 or #3.

TBB

Thanks tried it! Idk my PIN. It’s a work phone and I use it for all of my business calls so it’s not my everyday phone. Either way it shouldn’t be this hard to add funds to a cell phone in 2023. 

@TBB- Are your services working? If not then there are other methods to pay. 1. If you know your 4 digit account pin then you can dial 611 and use your credit card to make a payment. 2. Buy a voucher in lots of stores or online and dial 611 and enter them. This does not need the account pin. 3. Use the real time payments option in some stores.

TBB

The app just keeps asking me to register for PM and buy a SIM.. I’m already a customer. I’ve been trying to add funds to my account for 3 days and can’t. I can’t speak to anyone at the company since it’s all online. I’m ready to cancel and get out. Beyond frustrated. 

miklos
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New subscriber here... There seems to be a login bug where the 2FA is trying to send to the temp number I had when I activated, before I ported in my number from Virgin. Is there a way for me to change 2FA? I can't seem to find it.

ValeryD1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Made an update to the application. So far no problem, works faster and better. Login works way better, No ugly message. 🙂
Thank you PM team!

hyT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I updated mine too. It feels much improved. It loads faster now.

But I find it strange that when I try to download my payment history, the app kicks me out to the website using a browser and I have to sign in again to get the download. The app doesn't seem able to do everything yet.

Still much room for improvement yet.

Thanks @DennyCrane  @LitlLdy  updated mine as well!!

Yeah!!

Finally available in the Google Play Store as well. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

Today is 7/31/2023 & the newest Public Mobile app update “Version 1.2.0: 7/17/2023” is now available in my Apple App Store! 

Need Help? Let's chat.