Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited Time Sale [Extended to Oct 31] 50GB plan for $45/month

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

J_PM_0-1697552478289.png

Hey Community, 

The Limited Time Sale is back with even more savings. Starting today until October 31th, customers can now take advantage of our latest Canada-US plans and more. Whether you're traveling for work, school, or simply catching up with family and friends, our Canada-US plans will suit your needs.

40GB for $5o | Canada-US | 5G speed | subscribe now

• For a limited time, pay $0 for an eSIM or $5 for a physical SIM card. 

Offer Details 

• 40 GB Data at 5G Speed¹
  • 5G Speed up to 250mbps and unlimited data at reduced speed²
  • Unlimited Canada-US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging³
  • Earn $2.50/month in points value with our Public Points

50GB for $45 | 5G speed | subscribe now

• For a limited time, pay $0 for an eSIM or $5 for a physical SIM card. 

Offer Details 

• 50 GB Data at 5G Speed¹
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging³
  • Earn $2.25/month in points value with our Public Points

Limited Time Sale Offers 

The latest plans don’t stop there. You can review all our latest plans by visiting our subscription plans page.   

How to Get these Offers: 

• Visit Public Mobile subscription plans.
  • Select offer of choice. Note: you can toggle between 3G, 4G and 5G subscriptions. 
  • Subscribe online:
    To register now click here 
    To log in to your account, click here 
Spoiler
  • applicable to all offers
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.
  • Total data allotment is provided upfront for the 90-day subscription plan at time of purchase.
    Discounted price we continue post 90-day until the plan is changed on the account.

- The Public Mobile Team

76 REPLIES 76

TanyaWaiz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am forced to get my son 20GB when I would like to allot him maybe 3-5GB a month to control his usage. However no option 

TanyaWaiz

That was very clear and good to know, as I had no idea my plan had that option.  Thank you and keep sharing

@DanniKayy Welcome! And congrats on the first post!

To clarify, all the Canada 5G plans currently offered have unlimited throttled data at 512Kbps, but the Canada/US 5G plans do not have unlimited data.

Which 40GB plan are you referring to btw? The only 4G plan current available is the $39/20GB 4G plan.

DanniKayy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The 5G plans have a high/full speed data "bucket" of whatever the amount of gigs the plan says... For a 50 gig plan, once you've used the 50 gigs of the high speed, they drop you to an unlimited, but reduced speed. And it really is unlimited. The only time you'd not have data is when your subscription runs out at the end of the month (or at the end of the 90 days for 90 day plans)

But once you've re-subscribed for another month (or 90 days after your first 90 days has run out) your data is back to full/high speed again until you burn through the high speed "bucket" then you go back to the unlimited but reduced speed data. 

The switch is automatic and doesn't require any effort on your part. 

And I've used these limited 5G speeds but unlimited reduced speed plans since they've been introduced and it really is exactly as they have described them as. 

I'm very good at reading fine print and finding things that just don't add up. 

But as of yet, everything regarding the wording of these plans is absolutely accurate and not misleading in the slightest. 

4G and lower plans do NOT come with unlimited reduced speeds. Only the 5G plans do.

So if you get a 40 gig 4G plan, and use the 40 gigs... No more data at all. You'll either need to buy an add-on, or switch to a new plan asap to have more data, or wait until the current month of your plan is up, and the next month starts.

But with the 5G, you're good to go, just a lot slower after your initial data amount is used up. 

I hope I was helpful and clear. This is my first time commenting and I'm extremely new to the forums and I've got a bit of anxiety that maybe I didn't do good? Idk. I hope I did. 

@CityCrow It's all about subscriber growth and increasing ARPU. It seems clear PM's strategy is focused on the higher ARPU, as they by far and away have the best plans of all tier 1, 2, and 3 providers in the $39+ range (Freedom is very competitive, but keep in mind PM has Public Points as well). Some of the other tier 3 providers have better lower end plans, but for higher end plans PM can't be beat right now. I don't doubt they're losing some customers at the lower end, but they're likely gaining in increased revenue on those higher end plans.

I certainly don't need 40GB, but I took that plan because it offered fast data and US roaming. I'd love a 20GB 4G roaming plan for $40-$45, but we have to remember the data doesn't really cost them anything (the infrastructure and bandwidth is already there); these high limits are just a way to further incent people into those higher spend plans. I'm never expecting a $40 roaming plan, but I'm sure hoping for it. If they provide too many options at the lower end, they may be on conflict with their strategy of moving people to higher spend plans.

And I'm not necessarily saying it's the right strategy for a tier 3 provider, but it does seem like that is their goal right now and they need to keep aligned to their strategy.

CityCrow

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM I'm not sure when the thread subject got updated, but I think it's incorrect.

1000006716.png

There doesn't appear to be a Canada/US plan for $45 (outside of Quebec). There's a Canada/US plan for $50, and a Canada-only plan for $45.

I would suggest updating the title of this thread to avoid confusion.

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Another $50 plan. Meh.

I wonder if Public Mobile will ever offer low-cost plans again. As in, low-cost high-value plans, cheaper and/or better than the CRTC-mandated minimum requirements. How about a $15 unlimited call/text plan with no data, a $20 1GB "3G" plan, a $25 1GB "LTE" plan, stuff like that. Not everybody is data-addicted.

Yzeguy

This offer says unlimited data at reduced speeds. Is this correct? If so, you need to fix how you advertise the subscription descriptions to indicate this. Any time I’ve asked, the answer has been no. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

For the 1st offer: ‘Offer ended’

Canada-US Plan | 60 GB for $65 $50 | 5G speed |SUBSCRIBE NOW

• For a limited time pay $0 for an eSIM or $5 for a physical SIM card***
  • Save $15/month with a 90-day subscription
  • Data is provided up front with a 90-day subscription

Offer Details:

• 60 GB Canada-US Data at 5G Speed¹
  • 5G Speed¹ up to 250mbps
  • Unlimited Canada-US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging⁺⁺
  • Earn $3.25/month in points value with our Public Points

For the 2nd offer, I added the correct link in brackets to offer below! (The link in post is for a different plan) Offer ends October 31

50GB for $55 $45 | 5G speed | SUBSCRIBE NOW  (Correct link here)

• For a limited time, pay $0 for an eSIM or $5 for a physical SIM card***
  • Save $10/month with a 90-day subscription
  • Data is provided up front with a 90-day subscription
  • Offer ends October 31

Offer Details 

• 50 GB Data at 5G Speed¹
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging³
  • Earn $2.75/month in points value with our Public Points

Edited October 26, 2023

Still works just as well as the wheel from pre-history.
Some phones have fm radio. But they need a headphone cable attached for the antenna.

Adding - @LJC1 

Actually...  Yes and No. The first one is a Can/US plan. The second is a Can only plan. Even know the link is a Can/US plan. It's wrong. I said it but nobody fixed it. Once again, misinformation going on here.

LJC1

Yes.  You know how it goes. You don’t think you need or want it but when you get it suddenly it’s inexplicably required!

LJC1

Good advice.  But I best check the transistor radio idea as that seems contrary to the 21st century. lol 

LJC1

Yes I did that downloaded all the maps.  For traffic updates I need to use the phone but frankly I k ow when and where the traffic is in my community.

Talz

maps takes allot of data! download a whole area on google maps so you won’t need to waste your data for directions and can use offline maps 

Talz

no but whenever i upgrade my plan, my international roaming minutes always transfer over !

@Ftflyboy- Yes and yes.

Adding - as @Chalupa_Batman correctly corrects, just the subject line. And even that plan is not unlimited data.

Ftflyboy

Does this plan include  us roaming?  Can I use this data in the US?

In all honesty, I wouldn't. The idea of PM is to save money. Not to spend more. Plus being retired you are on a fixed income. What you SHOULD be doing is if you like to listen to music, download using your library app. Same goes with audio books. Download them via WiFi to your phone through the library apps. You can download Google Maps for offline usage. And if you want to listen to CBC radio, buy a portable radio. Just bought one for an old timer I know who likes CBC radio too. $20 on Amazon. Or stop by Value Village for a cheap one. Just use your own headphones though. LOL. Gross ear wax and all. LOL

@LJC1- That's up to you. It depends on how much you want to spend. An idea might be to buy the 200mb add-on when you get the text warning that you've used 95% of your data. Then if you need more then buy another one. The problem is the 30 day expiration. But there might be a thing in the system that extends those days when you buy another one. You would spend the $15 either on 600mb or 1gb but the expiration might cause you to waste the data expenditure.

The next plan up is a huge jump in data quantity that you could easily waste and therefor waste your money. Unless you really got into doing way more online.

LJC1

Do you think I should get a new plan?

I don't know if the Apple version of Google Maps has it but they have an offline option. You pre-download map areas and then you don't need cell data on to use it. Turning location services (GPS) on will still show your location. You can't use the live navigation but you can do directions and it can still give a preferred route (but nor would it know of any problems).

Real MMS pictures need to have data turned on for the transmission. If you're using imessage iphone - iphone then that needs some kind of internet connection like cell data or wifi.

But yes, streaming things over the internet when not on wifi of course uses data.

LJC1

I signed up with Public mobile years and years ago - and I'm using my second  iPhone SE with it.  My plan is still the basic $25 one and I get $6 off for loyalty and subscription. So $19 a month is a great deal.  The 1024 MB have always been enough - and occasionally they gave me free extra data if I recall.  It was always enough. Here's the plan:

• 1024 MB at 3G Speed
  • 30-day plan
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

Lately though I have been running low on data and get reminders that I have very little left and bought an extra bit for $25 last month.  I don't know what changed BUT I had signed on to three free months of Apple Music and that  Program synced my devices. Thinking that might have been it, I stopped the syncing.

I used MAPS a bit more while driving then moved to google maps.  

I turned off all of my CELLULAR DATA on most of my apps and turn it on as required but that's a bit of a pain..

Maybe it's time I upgrade?   BTW I'm retired and basically use the iPhone to listen to music and CBC or audiobooks while walking.   I text photos and movies to my unsuspecting family.  I use a GARMIN GPS that I could attach but don't. 

Advice? 

norsound

Changed my wife's plan to this one - $150/90 days - $5 extra bumped us up to this obscene amount of data, on 5G, with USA access.... probably could have opted to go down to $34 on the 20 GB 4G Canada plan ($102 each 90 days), but nice to have one phone with virtually no limit on data or where we can use it.... Changed my own plan from $30 for 3 GB/3G to $102/90 days 20 GB 4G.... seemed worthwhile for an extra $4 a month... truth is I rarely get close to using 3GB data, but having 4G and just about 7X the data may come in handy I guess..... UP until half a year ago, I did fine with 1 GB data except in the summer with road trips when I would run out....

And then deduct 5+ years rewards and referrals.... can't be beat. 

apple1010

Can someone please clarify if the minutes are unlimited Canada-US wide or just Canada-wide???

This post states "Unlimited Canada-wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging"

Whereas the offer states "Unlimited Canada-US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging"

Thank you

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Can someone please explain why my post was deleted? I pointed out errors made. There was nothing wrong with my post!! Censoring someone for correcting a Public Mobile announcement when it's incorrect isn't right and should not be happening. 

Added: The 50GB for $45 plan is a Canada only plan and should specify that. The link beside it is to a 40GB Canada/US plan. Pointed out this mistake is not worthy of deleting someone's post!

@maple_leaf wrote:

@J_PM , I have a few questions about this limited time offer for a 90-day sub at $50/mo, 60GB CAN-US.

1) The plan details listed above indicate unlimited Canada-wide minutes. Should this read Unlimited CAN-US minutes?

2) Plan details above indicate reduced speed data up to 512kbps after exceeding the 60GB data allowance. Is this correct for this CAN-US plan?

3) Plan details indicate $3.25/mo in reward points (5% * $65.). Do you still receive $3.25 in reward points despite paying $50/mo with a 90-day subscription?

The plan includes calling US nubmers.  For speeds, 5G plans that include roaming do not include unlimited data.  Points are linked to any specifc plan. It's based only on the price of the plan (in this case $150 per 90 days).

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@J_PM , I have a few questions about this limited time offer for a 90-day sub at $50/mo, 60GB CAN-US.

1) The plan details listed above indicate unlimited Canada-wide minutes. Should this read Unlimited CAN-US minutes?

2) Plan details above indicate reduced speed data up to 512kbps after exceeding the 60GB data allowance. Is this correct for this CAN-US plan?

3) Plan details indicate $3.25/mo in reward points (5% * $65.). Do you still receive $3.25 in reward points despite paying $50/mo with a 90-day subscription?

Cheers.

@Fico wrote:

Will public mobile be getting 5G+ in Canada? Some other providers in Canada have it. 

I believe that Public Mobile already has 3500MHz access as the Telus network is used.  Keep in mind that Public Mobile limits speeds to 250Mbps on the current 5G-speed plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.