Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited Time Sale: 5G 60GB Canada-US plan for $50/month on a 90-day plan

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Public_HomepageImagery_Seasonal-Fall.png

Hey Community, 

Get ready to rake in big savings with our October Limited Sale offers. Starting today until October 9th, customers can select the following subscription plans:

30GB for $40 | 5G speed | subscribe now

• For a limited time, pay $0 for an eSIM or $5 for a physical SIM card.  
  • Available for new activations only. Limited time offer.

Offer Details 

• Unlimited data at a reduced speed. Data speeds reduced to a maximum of 512Kbps after your included high-speed data bucket is exhausted.  
  • First 30GB of data at 5G speeds up to 250mbps 
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging
  • Earn $2.00/month in points value with our Public Pointsᵀᴹ

40GB for $45 $40| 5G speed | subscribe now

• Savings of $5 a month with a 90-day subscription 

Offer Details 

• Unlimited data at a reduced speed. Data speeds reduced to a maximum of 512Kbps after your included high-speed data bucket is exhausted.  
  • First 40 GB Data at 5G speed up to 250mbps
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging
  • Earn $2.25/month in points value with our Public Pointsᵀᴹ

Canada-US Plan | 40GB for $50 | 5G speed | subscribe now

Offer Details 

• 40 GB Canada-US Data at 5G Speed up to 250mbps
  • Unlimited Canada-US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging.
  • Earn $2.50/month in points value with our Public Points

50GB for $55 $45 | 5G speed | subscribe now

• Savings of $10 a month with a 90-day subscription 

Offer Details 

• 50 GB Data at 5G speed up to 250mbps
  • Unlimited Canada-US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging.
  • Earn $3.25/month in points value with our Public Pointsᵀᴹ

Canada-US Plan | 60GB for $65 $50 | 5G speed | subscribe now

• Savings of $15 a month with a 90-day subscription 

Offer Details   

• 60 GB Canada-US Data at 5G speed up to 250mbps
  • Earn $3.25/month in points value with our Public Pointsᵀᴹ

20GB for $39 $34 | 4G speed | subscribe now

• Savings of $5 a month with a 90-day subscription 

Offer Details 

• 20 GB Data at 4G speed up to 100mbps
  • Earn $1.95/month in points value with our Public Pointsᵀ

1GB for $25 | 3G speed | subscribe now

Offer Details 

• 1 GB Data at 3G Speed¹
  • Earn $1.25/month in points value with our Public Points

250 MB for $15 | 3G speed | subscribe now

Offer Details 

• 250 MB Data at 3G Speed¹
  • 100 min Canada-wide calling
  • Earn $0.75/month in points value with our Public Points
Spoiler
applicable to all offers above*
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.
  • Total data allotment is provided upfront for the 90-day subscription plan at time of purchase. Discounted price we continue post 90-day until the plan is changed on the account.

- The Public Mobile Team

49 REPLIES 49

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Phone came UI-locked. Phone has a non-removable battery. Phone is loaded, configured, and dependant on Samsung junk apps, Samsung advertising, Samsung ecosystem.

Can't install things like adblock or scriptblock extensions in the Samsung Internet Browser - can't even change the homepage to something other than Samsung Free - can't remove the Samsung shortcuts and bookmarks to Samsung sites - and can't install a different browser.

If I wanted to be locked into a proprietary ecosystem then I would've bought an iPhone.

Gonna root the thing when I get home. Little frustrations add up, too many, too quick, too often. I have better things to do with my time than fighting with my phone or complaining about fighting with my phone.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Korth_ 

I made a similar mistake once when buying a second hand phone. I put my Sim card in it to make sure it was unlocked and compatible and the phone immediately began updating and ate a chunk of my data. As I recall it was only plan data but still.....lesson learned.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@dust2dust 

Now I can't remember if I took a screenshot or not? Anyways....just noticing now that the "we" in the last line should probably be "will"......but my point being that unlike every offer since the 2016 fall promo this offer seems to guarantee the price as it does not refer to the ToS.

Korth_

@maximum_gato wrote:

Data limiters are your friend

Agreed. But in my instance, the data limiter was overridden by Samsung's urgent, desperate, immediate need to update my phone for me, before I even had a chance to turn mobile data off or turn mobile data limits on or dig into settings.

So you would have appreciated the text offering the $25 plan w/5gb of data?

I already have about 20GB or 25GB of free/gift Data Add-ons on my $15-plan account, lol. (I never use it because I have a cheap mobile data subscription with Xplornet.)

I wouldn't say "no" to more gifts and freebies. But I would say "no" to any increased $$ plan cost.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Korth_ 

Don't get surprised like @treefrog (who hasn't had their account fixed yet since I can't tag them....geez) who decided to test their data speed on day 30 of their $15 plan only to find out they had 5G speed and burned thru 600+mb of mostly add on data! Data limiters are your friend!

Edit:

So you would have appreciated the text offering the $25 plan w/5gb of data?

Korth_

@DennyCrane wrote:

@Korth_ Oh for sure. If you look at your phone the wrong way you'll gobble through that 250MB. In all honesty though, we can't expect much for $15 (less with discounts). That plan is there to fulfill a regulatory requirement, and that's it. I don't see it ever getting an increase to the data bucket, unless of course the legal requirements change.

A nice round 1GB would be nice, lol, and not entirely unreasonable given the sorts of data provisions which are common on phone plans these days. But I don't seriously expect it would happen, a bottom-of-the-bottom-tier $15 plan is just not the sort of thing that attracts fanatics and frenzied demand.

Although I would like the ability to activate/deactivate my Data Add-ons (as a group) in Self-Serve. Because the more I use the latest-and-greatest new Samsung new Android, the less I trust it with my mobile data. Samsung wants to burn my data the same way some people want to burn their money, and until I root it (or replace it with something else) I'm locked out of properly controlling, configuring, or auditing the way the thing works.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Brian73 

Have you figured it out yet? Created your eversafe ID?

Brian73
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I access my account customer support won't update my email address

@Korth_ Oh for sure. If you look at your phone the wrong way you'll gobble through that 250MB. In all honesty though, we can't expect much for $15 (less with discounts). That plan is there to fulfill a regulatory requirement, and that's it. I don't see it ever getting an increase to the data bucket, unless of course the legal requirements change.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For the $15 Plan I think they should remove the 250MB all together in favor of Unlimited Canada Wide Calling instead of 100 outgoing minutes.

@Korth_

Korth_

@DennyCrane wrote:

The issue is that 10GB would be plenty for most people. Data doesn't cost them much to provide, as the infrastructure is already there and there's lots of bandwidth. The goal is higher ARPU, and unfortunately providing a 10GB plan in the $30 range would encourage a lot of people to drop their spend. Even the big 3 don't offer much in the way of smaller data plans anymore.

I've recently learned that the 250MB "3G speed" data provided with PM's bottom-tier plan just isn't enough. I literally turned on my new phone, turned off data, methodically denied everything which asks for data, methodically disabled everything which consumes data. The phone automatically and immediately downloaded/installed Samsung's regional updates without informing me or giving me any choice on the matter.

And that already consumed over 400MB. Before I could even finish disabling all the data leeching.

So 250MB is obviously getting to the point where it's entirely inadequate. When even the base phone operating system and telemetry consumes more.

@Priority Maybe, maybe not. There's definitely a big gap there.

The issue is that 10GB would be plenty for most people. Data doesn't cost them much to provide, as the infrastructure is already there and there's lots of bandwidth. The goal is higher ARPU, and unfortunately providing a 10GB plan in the $30 range would encourage a lot of people to drop their spend. Even the big 3 don't offer much in the way of smaller data plans anymore.

Priority

We need a 10-15GB 3G/4G Speed Plan introduced for the price range of around $30.

The jump from 1GB to 20GB is way to massive, will we ever get something in-between?

$25 • 5GB wouldn't be bad...

Kamalhns
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So Canada US plan does inclusief roaming  right ?

Korth_

I've noticed that my Rewards for the month were deposited into my account balance one day before my plan renewal was deducted. In this instance, I had $4 added to my balance, then the full $15 plan cost subtracted a day later.

This is the first time I've monitored a PM account since the heavyhanded EverSafe makeover. It is an improvement, I guess, from the more troublesome (opposite) way it used to be done - since now it seems you can keep less Available Funds in account if your Rewards will make up the difference needed to pay your full plan cost.

I guess this only matters with legacy plans and legacy $-based Rewards. Since all new plans use the new Points-based Rewards system.

@Flyrrad wrote:

One last question- when you switch to a 3-month plan, when are the rewards credited? Monthly,  at the point of charging, or other? Just asking since switched to a 3-month plan and no rewards credited yet. 

Autopay rewards will be credited once every 90 days ($6). Loyalty and refer-a-friend rewards will continue to be paid out in 30-day intervals. If you did an immedaite plan change, those will be credited in either one or two days.

Flyrrad

One last question- when you switch to a 3-month plan, when are the rewards credited? Monthly,  at the point of charging, or other? Just asking since switched to a 3-month plan and no rewards credited yet. 

@jpsayshi This forum isn't typically monitored by PM staff. We are customers, just like you. You can login to your account and the first overview page should show your current plan. Did you change it now, or did you schedule it to change on your next renewal?

jpsayshi

Hello, 

The system says I’ve changed my plan successfully to the $ 50 / 90 day Canada-US plan. Are you able to confirm. I can PM you my details. im new to public mobile and the forum! 

Reiko

That’s great. I am going to US this month so maybe switch the plan. Not sure how long it takes to change the plan.

Ambs

Thanks for the breakdown! Just upgraded my plan!

AdiUnknown

Good to know, thank you!

@AdiUnknown Yup, it sure does. I have it and it works great for frequent travellers to the US.

AdiUnknown

Hi, in the Canada US plan, does Canada-US Data mean data will be included while roaming in the US?

Canada-US Plan | 40GB for $50 | 5G speed | subscribe now

Offer Details 

• 40 GB Canada-US Data at 5G Speed up to 250mbps
  • Earn $2.50/month in points value with our Public Points

rainbowrose

I must say with so many good deals on the every 3 month billing cycle, I’m wondering what you guys have in store for us for Black Friday.

rainbowrose

That is correct. I am on a similar plan now.

MisterFacetious

Just to be clear, If I choose the 90 day pre-pay option on the 40gb plan, I would get 120gb upfront (three months worth), yes? Not 40gb, for an average of 13.3/month?

Priority

Great detailed breakdown and explanation, these prices and plans are absolutely incredible and unbeatable.

Most pay $70-$100 Monthly with other Providers, so paying something like $120 for 90 days is only a little more and they get a whole extra two months out of it. 

I switched my father to the 20GB • $34 and my sister to the $40 • 40GB 90 Day Subscriptions.

I still look forward to the day the $25 Plan is offered with a few GBs at 3G Speed, and when Unlimited Canada Wide Calling is added to the $15 Plan instead of 250mb/Data.

Need Help? Let's chat.