cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Mobile Klink Device Rewards!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting April 9, we partnered with Mobile Klinik to offer two new free redemption rewards for 0 points that you can redeem. The vouchers are redeemed online, and then must be fulfilled in Mobile Klinik stores. 

How it works:
Customers who are in the new rewards points system can browse the catalog and see options for Mobile Klinik under Mobile Klinik Rewards.

• Select the reward and review the details on the reward details page.
  • Customers understand the offer is redeemed in store, and click on the redeem button
  • Confirmation email gets triggered and sent to the customer with the promo codes to be used in store
  • Customer heads to their nearest MK store and validates the confirmation criteria
    • Customer needs the share the confirmation email with reps
    • Customer needs to share promo codes
    • Customer needs to share proof of being an active Public Mobile account 
  • Customer receives the discount

Offers:
$130 discount with the bundle purchase of a CPO + Protection plan in-store.

• Customers will receive a $130 discount on checkout when purchasing a CPO and Protection Bundle+ 
    1. The Protection Bundle+ includes 2-years of free screen repairs + an Impact-resistant case and a tempered glass screen protector installed in-store by a Mobile Klinik representative.
  • Eligible Devices:
    1. iPhone 12 
    2. iPhone 13
    3. Samsung S21
    4. Samsung S22
  • Customers have 90 days to redeem the offer from redemption date
  • In-store only, select locations based on availability

$30 Device Repair Credit

• Customers will receive a $30 discount on any device repair 
  • Eligible Repairs:
    • All repairs excluding Apple OEM repairs
  • Customers have 90 days to redeem the offer from redemption date
  • In-store only, select locations based on availability

Keep an eye out for future Mobile Klinik offers in our Rewards catalog, and more opportunities on how you can redeem your points!

• Public Mobile Team
12 REPLIES 12

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@NoseyNick1 wrote:

Klink != Klinik, just sayin'! Fun freudian though. Do we get locked into this deal?  😉

@NoseyNick1 - After you redeem it you have 90 days to give the code to any mobile klinik shop.

NoseyNick1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Klink != Klinik, just sayin'! Fun freudian though. Do we get locked into this deal?  😉

@will13am wrote:

The total addressable market for this offer is off the chart low.  Nothing to see here.  

I see this as just $80 off highly priced used phones.  Yes, the 12 month warranty is worth something, but these are old, discontinued devices. I'm also curious about offers through other channels for Mobile Klinik purchases that don't even require one to be a Public Mobile customer and how they compare.

@maurelle wrote:

@will13am wrote:

The total addressable market for this offer is off the chart low.  Nothing to see here.  

"But look, we offered you all those exciting perks that make Public Points sooooooo much better than the old rewards. It's really not our problem if you don't take advantage of them."

I hope they are not operating out of an echo chamber.  

maurelle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@will13am wrote:

"But look, we offered you all those exciting perks that make Public Points sooooooo much better than the old rewards. It's really not our problem if you don't take advantage of them."

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

fixin1

@sa7375 - Yes, people who are on Legacy Rewards don't get it since it is in the points catalogue.

fixin1

@computergeek541 - Thanks for the info! 

sa7375

Also, I think, it's available only if one is signed up for "new rewards points system". 

@fixin1 wrote:

Thanks, that may make up the removal of the Legacy Rewards system!

But what locations are available to do the offer? Only non authorized centres? 

Let's remember that this isn't actually any type of points offer, at least not in my opinion.  Points member are only eligible to receive a discount on the device and screen protection purchase.  Points can't actually be redeemed towards the purcahse.  As for locations, it's only Mobile Klinink locations (which are Telus coroporately ran stores).

This is interesting, but as general rule of thumb, Mobile Kilinik's devices have usually been extremely over priced.  Also, the devices being offered for this are quite dated. I'm also concerned that the promotion focuses on a requirement to purchase the screen insurance, something that most customers will make no use of, while the accesories included are likely purchasable for much cheaper elsewhere.  Some of the discount ends up being consumed by the cost of of the screen protection program.

It's too bad that Public Mobile isn't allowing points to be used to pay for the device.

fixin1

@J_PM - Thanks, that may make up the removal of the Legacy Rewards system!

But does the "No Apple OEM repairs" just mean that there is no credit for Apple official OEM parts? Or does it apply to non OEM parts?

I also may be planning to get my battery replaced as it is at 85%. Definitely will be going with Mobile Klinik in my local shopping centre.

But what locations are available to do the offer? Only non authorized centres? 

Need Help? Let's chat.