Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: 20GB for $34 on 90-day Subscription & 30GB for $40

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting Sept 8, customers can select the following subscription offers for a limited time.

20GB for $39 | 4G speed | subscribe now

• Save $5/month  with a 90-day subscription. 
  • For a limited time, pay $0 for an eSIM.

Offer Details 

• This offer is available to new and existing subscribers.
  • 20 GB Data at 4G Speed¹
  • 4G Speed¹ up to 100mbps.
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging
  • Earn $1.95/month in points value with our Public Pointsᵀᴹ
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.
  • Total data allotment is provided upfront for the 90-day subscription plan at time of purchase.

30GB for $40 | 5G speed | subscribe now

• For a limited time, pay $0 for an eSIM

Offer Details 

• This offer is available to new subscribers who activate.
  • 30 GB Data at 5G Speed¹
  • 5G Speed up to 250mbps and unlimited data at reduced speed²
  • Unlimited Canada-wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging.
  • Earn $2.00/month in points value with our Public Pointsᵀᴹ
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.
  • To access 5G network speeds, ensure you have a compatible phone, your phone’s software is up-to-date, and you are connected to the Public Mobile 5G network where available. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Visit Public Mobile subscription plans.
  2. Select offer of choice. Note: you can toggle between 3G, 4G and 5G subscriptions.
  3. Subscribe online:
    - To create a new account click here to register now. 
    - To login to your account, click here 

How to Activate:

• A SIM will be required to set up your subscription. We support eSIM as well as physical SIM cards. 
  • eSIMs can be downloaded and activated within minutes, download the Public Mobile App to get started. 
  • We can deliver a physical SIM card right to your home (ships within 2 business days) or you can pick it up today at your nearest location. If you have questions about how to subscribe to Public Mobile, please click here.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here

- Public Mobile Team 

74 REPLIES 74

Justin21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I changed to the $39 per month minus my reward points and my old reward system stayed the same. Now im changin to 90 day plan to get that $34 per month (39-5= $34) minus loyalty points $5, referral $1 and auto pay $2. Imagine the savings and the amount of data you get. 

Justin21

Yes you are absolutely right. You save even more with 90 day plan than monthly plan.

Mandaxox87
  • Data add-ons are valid for 30 days after you purchase them. After 30 days, any unused data will expire
    • Note: any data add-ons purchased before May 8th, 2023 will not be subject to a 30 day expiry. These data add-ons will continue to roll-over until they are fully consumed
  • If you change your plan your data add-on will fall off and no longer be valid. You will have to purchase a new add-on

Hope this helps!!

Shah01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Okay makes sense. Thanks for your help everyone, really appreciate it!

@Shah01 

If you're on old rewards program, your account a balance will be credited once per 30 days.  They will only be available for use for the next renwal if those funds haven't already been spent.  Also, for renewals, autopay will be credited as $6 once during the 90 days.

Shah01

Understood. One more question - my monthly $7 reward will stack up and become $21 after 3 months, and become available to use on the next billing cycle, correct?

Holiday data and long distance add-on's will stay, as will purchased add-on's that don't have an expiry date. Promo data bonuses tied to a plan (e.g. 12 months of bonus data) won't.

Shah01

Hello, I'm looking to change to the 90-day version of the 4G plan (which I am currently on). However, I do have several data and long distance minutes add-ons (from past promotions) on my account as well. Will they remain if I change my plan to 90 days?

rainbowrose

Thank you, Mayor!

@rainbowrose Nope, you can stay on legacy rewards with a plan change. Just don't opt into the new Public Points system.

rainbowrose

I’m currently on the old rewards system. Will subscribing to the $34 deal mean I have to go to the new reward system?

ifeedbirds_ca

I agree. I have been a customer for over 3 years and I think after this month I will go to Rogers or another company since my coworker gets better connection with rogers and I often get no service at work and hes using Rogers in the parkade 2 levels under ground. I go to the top of the construction site by the road and still can't get a good connection. Now it feels like a slap in the face we pay more and get 4G speeds and 10GB less data but someone who just comes along for the first time gets 10GB more and 5G speeds for a bit less.

@AdilN- Rewards are paid for what you've done in the past. Not the future. 30 day plan, the past 30 days. 90 day plan, the past 90 days. The 90 days pays some rewards throughout the 90 days. You could buy add-ons with the amount that gets deposited if you like.

AdilN,

Any points or reward credits that have been earned up until that point would be usable withtin the terms of the program.  If a change were to be pre-scheduled to take effect at your next renewal time, any funds already in your available account balance would go towards the plan fee.

hi @AdilN 

technically yes. The rewards for the 90 days cycle will monthly like usual and will be credited as Available Fund on your My Account. So, at the end of the 90 days, you will have collected a "big" amount and can be used towards the next payment 

AdilN

So if I were to switch back to a 30 day plan after this 90 day plan, would I then receive 3x the value ($21 total) of my rewards $ discounted on that 30 day plan?

@AdilN 

The refer-a-friend and loyalty rewards will be given every 30 days, even when on a 90-day plan.

AdilN

Hi so on September 13th, I switched my plan over to the 90day 34/mo, but only received 1x months worth of rewards applied - reading the above comments, i still don't understand why on the initial 3 month payment, why 3x rewards aren't applied; am i not ultimately paying the full $34 with no loyalty/autopay etc discounts for an entire two months..? 

PM_5G
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I believe this should answer your question. It should also clarify many Questions I have seen re 90 Day Plans!

Plan started Sept 8th and you can see the plan is an ongoing 90 plan unless I use Change Subscription button. Note 60Gb is given entirely when plan activates and it valid for the 90 day period.

Public 90 Day Plan.jpg

@mnoorchenar I'm sorry, I don't follow. When you sign up for the 90 ay plan there should be 2 options; a 90 day $102 option, and a 30 at $39 option. If you signed up for the 90/$102 option that is your price until you change plans. It's not a discount, it's your plan price. Are you sure you're on the 90 day plan? Can you share a screenshot?

mnoorchenar

Sorry I didn't get that. For example the bill for the fourth month still have $5 discounts?

I mean for the first plan instead of paying $39 for the fourth month I only need to pay $34?

@mnoorchenar Nope, once you activate in the 90 day subscription you'll get that price on an ongoing basis. 

mnoorchenar

is this offer for three months subscription only have discount for first three months?

liuxinbing

I will redo it.

PM_5G

I subscribed Sept 7th to 3 mo. 3x 20Gb $39-5/mo package and was charged $102.
24 Hours later - Sept 8th rewards of 5% showed up in rewards area -  5.1 Rewards Points!
Rewards for payments post within 24 to 48 hours.

Enjoying the savings!

@Sal2- At minimum, you will get the normal 30 day rewards when you renew. Then the renewal before your next renewal you will get 3x your rewards. But some things are showing up sometimes differently. Just watch all the credits from the day before your renewal up until after your next renewal to make sure you get the full amounts.

Sal2

If I choose the 90 day subscription how will my reward dollars be applied to the bill?

@SarahWei absolutely, there are many factors that impact speed, including signal strength, network congestion, device type etc. Marketed speeds are always maximums. I rarely hit max speed where frequent most, and agree that 4G speed is fine for my needs as well. 

SarahWei

Thank you! Although 5G plan opens 250Mbps speed to the subscribers, but the subscriber’s’ device or location also affects real speed. My plan is 5G speed available but my phone in my home only work at 100Mbps speed. It is out of control. I will go back to 20GB plan next month. I appreciate your help! 

SarahWei

Thank you! Although 5G plan opens 250Mbps speed to the subscribers, but the subscriber’s’ device or location also affects real speed. My plan is 5G speed available but my phone in my home only work at 100Mbps speed. It is out of control. I will go back to 20GB plan next month. I appreciate your help! 

Need Help? Let's chat.