Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAQ & Troubleshooting

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community

We know that navigating through numerous threads can be overwhelming. So, we’ve brought all your questions in one place to provide clear answers to support your experience. Note: we'll highlight the latest added FAQs below.  

Keep reading to check out the top questions folks are asking in the Community. And remember, if you have a question that’s not on the list, feel free to leave a reply on this post:

F.A.Q 

How do I get help with logging into my account, creating an Eversafe ID, OPT/2FA?
Please visit the dedicated thread for real-time updates and troubleshooting.

Why do I keep experiencing errors in the App: lag, frequent login sessions?
Our latest update brings a host of improvements to your Public Mobile app experience, including optimized login sessions and stability fixes to reduce errors. To benefit from these enhancements, make sure you're using the latest version of our app. You can download the update from your device's app store.

Why are messages missing in my Private Message inbox?
Please be aware that if you can’t find certain messages in your Private Message inbox, it might be due to tickets submitted prior to your EverSafe registration. If this is the case, simply resubmit the ticket and include the previous ticket ID, if possible.

Why is 5G Not Working, I’m not getting full 5G speed?
To access 5G network speeds, ensure you have a compatible phone, your phone’s software is up-to-date and you are connected to the Public Mobile 5G network where available.

• On iOS at least 16.4
  • On Android at least 11

Why can I see the 5G symbol when I’m not on a 5G plan?
You’re seeing the 5G symbol because your phone is connected to our 5G network. However, please remember, your data speed is determined by your plan, not by the network symbol displayed on your phone.    

Will I be moved to the new rewards program if I change my plan?
Changing your plan won’t automatically transfer you to our new Public Points rewards program. If you’re currently on our legacy rewards program, you will continue to stay on it. However, we encourage you to explore Public Points, as it opens up even more opportunities for savings.

Click here to learn more about legacy rewards.

Will my 3G subscription plan be grandfathered?
Yes, customers will continue to enjoy their current 3G subscription plans unless they decide to switch to a new plan. 

Why is My Account showing that my 90 day plan has doubled in cost?
This glitch in My Account has been resolved.  

How do I access the $15 and $25 plans?
You can find our $15 and $15 plans when you select subscriptions plans inside App. 

Is there a way to save my password for App? Why do I have to keep logging back into App?
We know there's is an issue causing customers to re-login a lot, we are working on it, but in the mean time we recommend using a service like this to make logging in easier.

41 REPLIES 41

eslpanda1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey J_PM

Why can't we submit tickets - I have been trying to submit a ticket for the past two days and all I get is;  This may be due to a system error, please go back to the previous page and try again. (Error code:xxxx).

So when can we submit tickets again.  The last time I submitted a ticket was under the username eslpanda, but I had to change to eslpanda1, because of all these changes.  Unfortunately, along with losing my username I also lost all previous private messages.  I would very much like to actually speak with someone at Public Mobile.  How is that possible?

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

The 500 Mins Canadian Add-on is no longer showing on the main PM website. Can anyone confirm is this add-on is gone for good? I have yet to be successful in setting up my login as I am apprehensive in following through given all the problems with Eversafe, so I cannot check this myself yet.

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Queer and challenging, and wonder why would PM make it such a meandering manoeuvre to locate these plans. PM should consider making it simple.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@J_PM wrote:

@hTideGnow $25 and $15 are still available. You can access these plans inside App!

That's true and it's also available from the legacy website.  I'll add that for new activations, one of the other plans has to selected first, but during the activation process, the Change Subsription button needs to be used berfore finalizing the new customer activation.

What about when the 3G network is shutdown in Canada will those plans still work?

Thanks @computergeek541  and @softech  for testing.

We just need to make sure the two plans won't get dropped off from the app tomorrow  🙂

Thanks @J_PM  for confirming.  

@softech wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@J_PM wrote:

@hTideGnow $25 and $15 are still available. You can access these plans inside App!

That's true and it's also available from the legacy website.  I'll add that for new activations, one of the other plans has to selected first, but during the activation process, the Change Subsription button needs to be used berfore finalizing the new customer activation.

@computergeek541   I tried earlier today.  Change subscription does not help, it still  show me only the 4G and 5G plans

But I can confirm App shows $25 and $15 as the choice

@J_PM  it is a problem without showing $25 and $15 plans on the main site.  There are at least 2 posts some people got upset not seeing the low tier plans and planning to go elsehwere.  Glad they spend the time and ask.  There would be more just walk away not seeing those plans on the site

You're right that option doesn't work any longer.   It did work yesterday using the Change Subscription button on the website to get one of the lower priced plans.  I just went into the app, and the activation process looks nothing like the website, so I know that I'm not confusing the two as I didn't even find a change subsription button in the app (at least not anywhere up until to the SIM card step but that button is there on the website).

@computergeek541 wrote:

@J_PM wrote:

@computergeek541   I tried earlier today.  Change subscription does not help, it still  show me only the 4G and 5G plans

But I can confirm App shows $25 and $15 as the choice

@J_PM  it is a problem without showing $25 and $15 plans on the main site.  There are at least 2 posts some people got upset not seeing the low tier plans and planning to go elsehwere.  Glad they spend the time and ask.  There would be more just walk away not seeing those plans on the site

@J_PM wrote:

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @J_PM 

first question 

Is PM still offering $25 and $15 plan???

I see them not advertised on the site but I see them on My Account.  Are all 3G plans, including $25 and $15 going to be GONE?

Need Help? Let's chat.