cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada Post Work Stoppage- SIM Order Process has Changed

David_J
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Note: As of October 18, 2016 the below process is no longer in effect. To check out the new process, click here. 

Hey Community,

As you know, in order to be prepared for the possibility of a Canada Post work stoppage, we made some changes to the SIM card ordering process. The change to charge customers $10 (with a rebate upon activation) for a SIM card was initiated by the strike possibility, however we discovered something very interesting. When the SIM cards were available without charge, only 60% were being activated after they were received. When we changed the process and started to charge and rebate the $10 for the SIM card, the percentage being activated increased significantly. There’s something to be said about having a bit of skin in the game which is why we have decided that, for now, we will continue to charge $10 per SIM with a rebate upon activation.

As a reminder, here is a summary of how the new process works:

• Order the SIM card online (as per the usual process).

• There will be a charge for courier shipping. However, the shipping charges will be rebated to the method of payment you used to pay the shipping charges. Please note that we now offer PayPal as a payment option.

• To request your rebate, email rebate@publicmobile.ca with your SIM order number and your Public Mobile phone number. We’ll issue your rebate to the same method of payment for the shipping charges within 7 days of the email being received.

For any other questions, please contact us here [https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help] or message one of our Public Mobile Moderators here on the Community.

Thanks!

Public Mobile Community team

167 REPLIES 167

Since the strike is not happening when will Public return to using Canada Post for SIM cards?

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/announcements/details.page?article=2016/07/08/canada_post_agr...

chreds
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Maybe best to deliver via Canada Post (CP) until it looks like a strike is actually going to happen? Just got this update from CP:

snippit:

"The postal system is open for business while negotiations continue. Mail and parcels are being processed and delivered across the country as normal."

Surely the cost difference between Purolator and CP is great enough that it would make sense to just use CP for all cards and resend limbo SIM cards *if* there is indeed a strike?

@ute1978 wrote:

Any update on when PM will ship SIM cards with Canada Post again?

@chreds wrote:

I have the same question -- I would like to see Canada Post shipping option again since Canada Post is still providing delivery. Any update?

They would love to as it was working out very well with Canada Post. But the current strike situation is still unknown. They are given a period of time to come to an agreement which isn't fully over. 

chreds

I have the same question -- I would like to see Canada Post shipping option again since Canada Post is still providing delivery. Any update?

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Any update on when PM will ship SIM cards with Canada Post again?

felchi80

yeah... I finally received my simcards like 9 days later including weekends. And they delivered on a Saturday! I was like ehh...?!!

Purolator probably had too much, they could not handle it.

That reminds me. I gottta get my 10 bucks back! 3x.

sl149q
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered a replacement SIM on July 10 and received a confirmation email on July 12. Still no SIM.

I have not been able to use my phone or my account for close to two weeks now.

I do have a new Telus SIM but apparently that cannot be used.

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If understand it correctly, since there's no strike Canada Post will do its job for the time being? No delay or anything right?

felchi80

yes i know i know. It was shipped last Thursday. Friday today.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@felchi80

I'm sorry about that,

Standard delivery takes in between 3 to 5 business days via Purolator. Please note that weekends do not count as business days.

Hang in there 🙂

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

felchi80

So it's been over a week (6 business days) now... still no signs of the 3 simcards i ordered with purolator. did purolator go on strike instead? lol....

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @anuska

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

Would you mind sending me your order # via private message? 

Thanks,

Shazia

Not sure how to send me or see private messages? Click here

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

anuska

Hello,

I've ordered two sim card. I recieved a message two days back saying that they were shipped but they haven't arrived yet.

What is going on? How can I contact you outside this public forum? Do you have any email or phone number?

Thanks!

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

looks like there is no strike... for now 

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @felchi80,

I am sorry to hear that you have yet to receive your SIM card. 

Could you send me your delivery address by private message? I will ship you a new one. 

Cheers,

Kalla

felchi80

for those who ordered with purolator.... how long did it take to arrive?

I'm on my 5th business day... still nothing.

Last time i ordered, Canada post took maybe just 1-2 days.

Unhappy because we have to advance 10 bucks and get subpar shipping. Granted, its refundable, but still.

Looks like Canada Post backed down from the lockout 🙂 🙂 🙂

@pmak As mentioned in the above post, you should be able to get a refund as long as you activate with PM. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @pmak!

Its safe to say that as long as Purolator is the only shipping option on sim order page, you will be able to get a refund by following the instructions in the original post.  

Although a bit early, welcome to Public Mobile!  Feel free to start a new thread if you need help or want to share your experience.  

pmak

Just ordered a SIM online.  Technically Canada Post is not on strike at the moment but the only shipping option is still purolator, I will still get a refund once I activite the SIM right?  Even if Canada Post is currently not on strike.

Thanks.

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @felchi80,

No, there is no tracking number with Purolator.

If you send me your email address and order number, I will be able to check whether your order has been shipped. You can send me this information by private message. 

Cheers,

Kalla

felchi80
Is there tracking number by Fedex? I believe I ordered Thursday, still no Fedex.

imranshezad

i think there is a once site. www.shoplift.ca you can go there and buy its cheap and free shipping but maybe have limited quantities. i just ordered one.

@Alain007 Sorry, have lead you slightly astray as just Visa, Mastercard, AMEX and Visa Debit are accepted for online payment. Took me a while to find the correct post: More Payment Options Added

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

You know, sometime tonight or tomorrow, we'll ALL find out IF Can Post will go on Strike.

If they DO, then we know that Tri-Sims will need to be paid for in advance, and refunded via credit in account.

If they DON'T, well that maybe a Victory for the very PUBLIC

@Alain007 No. Only credit cards, AMEX, and Visa debit are accepted for online payment. 

On the other hand, vouchers purchased at a retailer can be paid with any form acceptable to the retailer.

In future you will get better service if you start a new thread rather than adding to an old one.

Alain007
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello, can we pay our monthly bill via PayPal services ??? 

@talkalot Try making a new post so everyone can see you need a SIM. Include your city/postal code but no other personal info. Someone nearby may have spare.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@talkalot welcome to the Public Mobile community!  As @Kalla_A pointed out, the only way to get a PM SIM card is to order it at the link she provided; however, you can opt to pay for expedited shipping if you need it in a hurry.  Let us know if you decide to sign up, and how you like the service.  (Or, of course, if you have any other questions along the way.)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.