cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15 Days Free Access to our 5G Network - Sept 25!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community, 

We are excited to announce that, starting September 25, Public Mobile is inviting Canadians (excluding residents of Quebec) to try its 5G subscription phone service with 15 days of free access on us, for a limited time only.

Free Trial Offer Details

This offer is available to new Public Mobile customers who are activating on a $40/month 5G subscription phone plan, and includes:

• 10GB of data at 5G speed
  • Unlimited Canada-wide calling and text messaging, plus unlimited international text and picture messaging
  • A complimentary Public Mobile eSIM for compatible devices. (Customers can choose a physical Public Mobile SIM Card for an additional one-time charge of $10)
  • You can cancel anytime before the end of the 15 day period or subscribe to another plan via My Account. 

After the free 15-day access period, customers have the option to pay a monthly subscription of $40/month for 30 GB data at 5G speed and unlimited data at reduced speed; modify their subscription to any Public Mobile plan that fits their needs; or cancel their subscription at any time before the free access period ends without incurring any charges. Customers can sign up and take advantage of this offer over on our website. 

If you’re already subscribed to Public Mobile, here’s a chance to show your friends and family how you mobile differently.  

For more information on this limited time offer, visit publicmobile.ca/free15days

- Public Mobile Team

27 REPLIES 27

Ariyel_Rayne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

They actually are applying a preauthorized payment charge for the 40 dollar subscription. Basically a pending charge. So the money doesn't come out immediately but needs to be available so it can be "held" for the 15 day period then the hold will be released and they'll officially charge it. 

So, you do get 15 days free but have to prepay the subscription cost realistically 

Ariyel_Rayne

They actually are applying a preauthorized payment charge for the 40 dollar subscription. Basically a pending charge. So the money doesn't come out immediately but needs to be available so it can be "held" for the 15 day period then the hold will be released and they'll officially charge it. 

So, you do get 15 days free but have to prepay the subscription cost realisticlly

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Looks like this promo deal is done.  Not available on website this morning. 

sarahmulder1944

It dosnet work for me I have this 

Screenshot_20230928-131632.png

ALEXMOGOLISAND

great plan! 

sarahmulder1944

Don't work I can't get the Trial Offer Details

This offer is available to new Public Mobile customers who are activating on a $40/month 5G subscription phone plan, and includes:

10GB of data at 5G speed

Unlimited Canada-wide calling and text messaging, plus unlimited international text and picture messaging

A complimentary Public Mobile eSIM for compatible devices. (Customers can choose a physical Public Mobile SIM Card for an additional one-time charge of $10)

You can cancel anytime before the end of the 15 day period or subscribe to another plan via My Account. 

After the free 15-day access period, customers have the option to pay a monthly subscription of $40/month for 30 GB data at 5G speed and unlimited data at reduced speed; modify their subscription to any Public Mobile plan that fits their needs; or cancel their subscription at any time before the free access period ends without incurring any charges. Customers can sign up and take advantage of this offer over on our website. 

If you’re already subscribed to Public Mobile, here’s a chance to show your friends and family how you mobile differently.  

For more information on this limited time offer, visit

Troy6

Having same issue was this resolved?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Doaa  have you downloaded the app to try ? All new activations need the app 

Doaa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried to purchase this plan, but it says payment failed (although it's 0 dollars).

I doubt checked the credit card, still not working

snubz

Joined using these 15 free days. Enjoying it so far! Will probably stick around for the flexibility of prepaid as well as the sweet rewards program 😁

kav2001d

Ok the million dollar question (surprised noone mentioned this yet at all, esp with free esim + 15 day trial period)

Do WE still get the referal if we convince someone to sign up and they stick around after the 15 day trial?

@jhsu- e-sim can be bought through the app or web page. Use the app. Download, install, start sign up, choose e-sim. Make sure your phone is e-sim capable.

jhsu

How to get e-sin?

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM , when a new Customer is trying to sign up with this ‘free trial offer’ they are getting charged for it! So, it doesn’t appear to be a ‘free trial offer’! How do new Customers sign up for it? (I was asked this question but I do not know the answer to it!)

@Bluntman  Yes you can use physical sim with another provider and eSIM with PM or tow different PM accounts one on physical sim and the other on eSIM 

Bluntman

Can you have a physical sim card from a different provider and get this through an esim card and both will work? And with this new pm subscription do we get charged the $40 immediately when you sign up? Also would like to know if this 15 day trial includes a number. 

Bluntman

I'd like to also know. 

@Korth_  True and well said . I only ask because Telus plans right now only show 5G + plans so if that was the case and it’s a 5G + plan I would certainly hope it was faster then the normal 250mbs of reg 5G plan 

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Handy1 wrote:

@Korth_  You sure that Telus 5G isn’t 5G+ I get 6-7 hundred mbs on 5G+ not nearly as much as the up to 1GBps that’s advertised on telus . But with PM I’ve gotten between 180-258 mbs when testing there 5G 

There's a ton of parameters.

The performance (and condition) of the subscriber's phone/device.

The performance (and condition) of the local network. The traffic/noise on it. The radio traffic/noise off it. The weather. How much metal is nearby. Daily solar activity.

So of course the best the provider can do is promise to deliver a consistent minimum standard. Some people will just barely squeak on the minimum edge. Others will fly far past it. Individual numbers are not particularly meaningful, they don't necessarily indicate results for other individuals or for the population/network as a whole.

Jeemse

Signed up for this 4 hours ago and still no service!!

@Korth_  You sure that Telus 5G isn’t 5G+ I get 6-7 hundred mbs on 5G+ not nearly as much as the up to 1GBps that’s advertised on telus . But with PM I’ve gotten between 180-258 mbs when testing there 5G 

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

lol, one of my friends just ran a speedtest on Telus 5G. Just over 350Mbps. Substantially faster than the advertised/promised 250Mbps.

But another way of saying those numbers is that is that you'll consume 1GB of 5G data in just under 3 seconds.

So your free 15 Days Free Access to Telus 5G Network will burn through your free 10GB allocation in just under 30 seconds? Half a minute of crazy-lightning-speed mobile data ... followed by no data (or perhaps the new Telus 512Kbps "slow" data) for the rest of the 15 days or 30 days or 90 days of your 5G trial/subscription.

Even the most generous 5G plan at Public Mobile - with a 60GB data provision - could only sustain peak performance for 2 minutes before all the data is gone. Live large for 2 minutes. Suck paltry leftovers for the remaining 29 days, 23 hours, 58 minutes of your billing cycle.

Can someone explain to me - convince me - exactly how 5G data speed actually has a practical use-case in the real world?

@J_PM  will there be clearer ways for new customers to understand how to activate when needing the Public Mobile APP? 

Did I miss something, or can activations be done on desktop now? 

@Brian1981  Are you trying in the App all new activations need the app to activate. , I’m sure the charge will only be a pending charge untill the trial period ends and the the true plan begins but you can confirm with support to be certain 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Brian1981

I have tried to sign up for this and it won't work. It takes me in and turns the price from $0 to $40 (because you have to sign up for the plan) and then it takes me to the payment page and tries to charge my account right away. Its very frustrating. I want to be a customer but not if the free plan is not working

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Thanks @J_PM  , happy this is now not just for Maritime provinces 🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM  Thanks for sharing this 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.