cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barndoor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: why does checking your voicemai a charge on outgoing

@z10user4 

Yes, I see your point . the call fails and it goes to a busy signal . Better to to leave a message  to try again in a few minutes  . I usually only use 40 minutes of talk a month  so not a lot of noses gunna be out of joint anyway . 😄

barndoor

Thinking back to the stressful time I had sorting out what to do with my voicemail  .. For the sake of PM  customers why not put the choices for voicemail in a little box on the customer profile page.  You 'll obviously have to do the greeting on the phone but why can't the other choices be included in the profile  choices and they can get selected when going through the initial set up . Then you don't have that "oh crap how am I going to find that " , moment when the first call goes to the voicemail and the phone starts flashing for what seems like no reason  because you have never used voicemail before  . Food for thought . 

barndoor

Actually  , given the difficulties of my first day  it was almost the straw . Since I have no need or use for voicemail having to deal with it in the fashion we do leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth . To me it  seems more of a money grab when presented the way it is . Put it up front on the profile page  and it becomes a handy tool for those customers that want to use it and  a click of a button to put it back in the tool box for those that  don't want it . It would likely make all this pin number confusion  that goes on , disappear .  😎

barndoor

@Nezgar wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@barndoor : iirc and until we get a confirmation from Nezgar, I'm not a great fan of the call fail. The caller would get some kind of error. I think that's rather less than ideal leaving the caller to wonder if your number is dead.

Yeah, it's better the set the maximum ring time to 30 seconds, and then configure your voicemail to play a custom announcement with ability to leave a message disabled. Here's how:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805#M3875...

On rethinking this , in my case any way , I would tend to disagree . At the end of a 30 second ring the caller gets a busy signal  .. to me that is reasonable  because if I leave any kind of message for them to hear they will have made a completed call and are going to be charged for that  ,all be it brief, call . I work in a noisy environment  and may not hear the phone  the first few rings so  ,shutting off voicemail  means  when they do get my attention I will be on the phone to deal with their issue and while I am working I don't have to be constantly looking at my phone to see if i have a voicemail from someone .

I feel  it is disappointing that  Simon says that disabling voicemail is not an option  when it  obviously is . 

With my last carrier I just asked them to deactivate it and  they did  ...not like here .

edited to fix spelling 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor 

Alas....simple simon. That's why I just don't deal with him. You will find better success typing your question or a few key words in the search bar and tapping "go". You will then have a bunch of related threads and some help articles pop up. Not all of the help articles have been updated or as many members have found by testing there is the official "word" and the beneficial glitches that go along with them or the work arounds that have been developed. The search bar is my best friend at times.

barndoor

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor 

Alas....simple simon. That's why I just don't deal with him. 

Oh my ... and you being a Mayor and all ! !  😆

Yes ...but it all takes time ... next issue I 'm just going to pm you directly. 😉

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor 

Anytime my private message box is always open! I am always happy to help.

Need Help? Let's chat.