cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: why does checking your voicemai a charge on outgoing

@barndoor 

BTW... @Nezgar can answer the extending your call ring time to a maximum of 30 seconds? Much quicker than I can because thats in his wheelhouse.....

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor 

BTW... @Nezgar can answer the extending your call ring time to a maximum of 30 seconds? Much quicker than I can because thats in his wheelhouse.....

Here's a good reference post. (I forgot I wrote this one haha)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/How-to-Change-the-rings-delay-befo...

barndoor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Will that extend the ring time even though the voicemail is disabled ? I just want it to work like a landline where it rings  until I answer it or the person on the other end gives up . 😀

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor : Not possible. I don't think any provider does. I think it's a cell thing.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor wrote:

Will that extend the ring time even though the voicemail is disabled ? I just want it to work like a landline where it rings  until I answer it or the person on the other end gives up . 😀

30 seconds of ringing (~ 6 rings) is the maximum. After 30 seconds you can have the call go to voicemail, which itself could be set to "extended absence greeting" with ability to leave messages disabled by dialing *61*3065804001**30# for instance,

or after 30 seconds have the call just "fail" by dialing:

*61*0000000000**30#

then

*004*0000000000# to set the other conditionals the same way.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor 

I think @Nezgar has a conditional call forward that sends it to a phone number that justs keeps ringing.....

barndoor

@z10user4  

Thanks I expect you are right   .. i thought I was getting half a dozen rings  out of the last company   but maybe i was faster than I thought and not actually missing the first three rings . 😄

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor : iirc and until we get a confirmation from Nezgar, I'm not a great fan of the call fail. The caller would get some kind of error. I think that's rather less than ideal leaving the caller to wonder if your number is dead.

barndoor

@Nezgar 

Thanks !! ...I'll give that a try  ...if I could get it up to 6 rings from the current four I'd be happy . 

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

@barndoor : iirc and until we get a confirmation from Nezgar, I'm not a great fan of the call fail. The caller would get some kind of error. I think that's rather less than ideal leaving the caller to wonder if your number is dead.

Yeah, it's better the set the maximum ring time to 30 seconds, and then configure your voicemail to play a custom announcement with ability to leave a message disabled. Here's how:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805#M3875...

Need Help? Let's chat.