cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barndoor
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: why does checking your voicemai a charge on outgoing

Do they have telemarketers here ?? I   just switched companies and don't want to start with that   again ...

barndoor

That seems to be effective  ...why was Simon not smart enough to be able to give that answer when I asked him  or better yet why isn't it a choice in voicemail setup ? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor 

Welcome to public mobile! To start off just an FYI... to directly refer to another member's post you can tag them by tapping the "@" key and an box will pop up with usernames in it.....just tap the name or continue to type the name out til it appears.

barndoor

@darlicious  ..thanks for the info  ...any suggestions as to how to stop the notifications from here from cluttering up my inbox ?   

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor wrote:

Do they have telemarketers here ?? I   just switched companies and don't want to start with that   again ...

@barndoor 

You won't be contacted by pm employees trying to upsell you anything.....occasionally you might be texted a special offer ( that are usually very YMMV and worth considering) or a free gift offer that you have to respond YES to.....like last summer when most BC and Alberta customers were offered a free 5gb data add on and 1000 min calling add on to compete with the new Shaw mobile service. You can sign up for deal alerts but they are usually for new activations and they don't actually send them out very often.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor 

Go into your profile and turn off email notifications. Somewhere in there you can leave private message ones on so you are notified by email when a moderator replies or a member private messages you. But I turned them all off and just check in if I'm expecting a moderator response. If I'm not online I don't want to be bothered by the community.....I'm on here too much already!😃

barndoor

@darlicious   

I can handle that ,its the third party  marketers that get under my skin  and I had virtually none with the last company so I hope that continues . 😎

barndoor

@darlicious  

thanks  ...I'll see if I can find it ... things just seem to be a challenge to find here for some reason .  What I I thought would be a half hour  phone setup today has turned into a six hour nightmare ... but i think I am finally  just about sorted . 😁

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor

Other than the usual spam calls from Nigerian princes and the CRA demanding you pay your tax bill in bitcoin you won't get any extra telemarketers than the next guy....and if you do just don't answer and block or have some fun with these posts by the amazing @Nezgar 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Lenny-the-Telemarketers-worst-nigh...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Fun-with-Conditional-Call-forwardi...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@barndoor 

Lol...I had a 6 hour activation nightmare! Its like a right of passage for smooth sailing going forward!

Need Help? Let's chat.