cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Korth
Mayor / Maire

Re: why does checking your voicemai a charge on outgoing

@dboxtvinfo715 

You can check your voicemail from any phone by dialing your own number.

You can also navigate through the preferences to select "Rapid" prompts, this will consume fewer outgoing minutes when checking voicemail. (Your phone already displays the number and time/date of each incoming call so you don't really need the computer babble to slowly repeat these details during playback.)

Meow
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Korth wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

It works as everybody suggested.

For some reason PIN I selected during sign up was not working. PIN Reset done through self serving account, called myself again, default password is my phone number and set PIN again.

Yummy

@Meow wrote:

@Korth wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

For some reason PIN I selected during sign up was not working. PIN Reset done through self serving account, called myself again, default password is my phone number and set PIN again.

Good to know how to reset PIN and save minutes when checking vmail.

I hope telemarketers will not get a hold of my number...

@Meow wrote:

@Korth wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

There sometimes tends to be some confusion between account PIN and voicemail password. Some members believe that they are the same, but they aren't. They are set seperately and can be different. I'm wondering if your account PIN might have mistakenly been used instead of your voicemail password.

Yummy

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Meow wrote:

@Korth wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

There sometimes tends to be some confusion between account PIN and voicemail password. Some members believe that they are the same, but they aren't. They are set seperately and can be different. I'm wondering if your account PIN might have mistakenly been used instead of your voicemail password.

Oh, I see what do you mean. Most likely I never had vmail password set so that is why my 'PIN' was rejected when accessing it.

What is actual purpose of 'account PIN'? Security?

Meow

I believe it is another layer of security MOD might ask you to confirm you are authorized to handle particular PM account.

But MOD never asked ME to provide it when I request assistance????

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy : As a security question when contacting the mods using private messaging. But if you use a ticket then you've already verified yourself.

The PIN is the one for the 611 service though. You create it yourself when you self-activate. I'm not sure how it works for activating in-store. But somehow or another it will get texted to you from "611".

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I PREFER NO VOICEMAIL AND TEXTS ISA BETTER SO I GOT TO REMOVE VOICEMAIL FINALLLY

barndoor

Does that disable  the voicemail  or does it still answer the phone and give the  extended absence greeting ?

barndoor

It works ...get a busy signal  when the phone is off and it rings four times  when it is on  .. Is there any way  to let it ring more times before it gives a busy signal . For those of us that work in noisy environments   it can take 4 or 5 rings just to realize  the phone is ringing . 

Need Help? Let's chat.