cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does checking your voicemai a charge on outgoing

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

also how do we stop from receiving voicemail i do not want voicemail how to de activate info please

its 2 monthe i do not check messages, why should i use my minutes

46 REPLIES 46

@barndoor 

Anytime my private message box is always open! I am always happy to help.

barndoor

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor 

Alas....simple simon. That's why I just don't deal with him. 

Oh my ... and you being a Mayor and all ! !  😆

Yes ...but it all takes time ... next issue I 'm just going to pm you directly. 😉

@barndoor 

Alas....simple simon. That's why I just don't deal with him. You will find better success typing your question or a few key words in the search bar and tapping "go". You will then have a bunch of related threads and some help articles pop up. Not all of the help articles have been updated or as many members have found by testing there is the official "word" and the beneficial glitches that go along with them or the work arounds that have been developed. The search bar is my best friend at times.

barndoor

@Nezgar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@barndoor : iirc and until we get a confirmation from Nezgar, I'm not a great fan of the call fail. The caller would get some kind of error. I think that's rather less than ideal leaving the caller to wonder if your number is dead.

Yeah, it's better the set the maximum ring time to 30 seconds, and then configure your voicemail to play a custom announcement with ability to leave a message disabled. Here's how:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805#M38756

On rethinking this , in my case any way , I would tend to disagree . At the end of a 30 second ring the caller gets a busy signal  .. to me that is reasonable  because if I leave any kind of message for them to hear they will have made a completed call and are going to be charged for that  ,all be it brief, call . I work in a noisy environment  and may not hear the phone  the first few rings so  ,shutting off voicemail  means  when they do get my attention I will be on the phone to deal with their issue and while I am working I don't have to be constantly looking at my phone to see if i have a voicemail from someone .

I feel  it is disappointing that  Simon says that disabling voicemail is not an option  when it  obviously is . 

With my last carrier I just asked them to deactivate it and  they did  ...not like here .

edited to fix spelling 

barndoor

Actually  , given the difficulties of my first day  it was almost the straw . Since I have no need or use for voicemail having to deal with it in the fashion we do leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth . To me it  seems more of a money grab when presented the way it is . Put it up front on the profile page  and it becomes a handy tool for those customers that want to use it and  a click of a button to put it back in the tool box for those that  don't want it . It would likely make all this pin number confusion  that goes on , disappear .  😎

barndoor

Thinking back to the stressful time I had sorting out what to do with my voicemail  .. For the sake of PM  customers why not put the choices for voicemail in a little box on the customer profile page.  You 'll obviously have to do the greeting on the phone but why can't the other choices be included in the profile  choices and they can get selected when going through the initial set up . Then you don't have that "oh crap how am I going to find that " , moment when the first call goes to the voicemail and the phone starts flashing for what seems like no reason  because you have never used voicemail before  . Food for thought . 

barndoor

@Anonymous 

Yes, I see your point . the call fails and it goes to a busy signal . Better to to leave a message  to try again in a few minutes  . I usually only use 40 minutes of talk a month  so not a lot of noses gunna be out of joint anyway . 😄

@Anonymous wrote:

@barndoor : iirc and until we get a confirmation from Nezgar, I'm not a great fan of the call fail. The caller would get some kind of error. I think that's rather less than ideal leaving the caller to wonder if your number is dead.

Yeah, it's better the set the maximum ring time to 30 seconds, and then configure your voicemail to play a custom announcement with ability to leave a message disabled. Here's how:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Re-Disable-Voicemail/m-p/213805#M38756

barndoor

@Nezgar 

Thanks !! ...I'll give that a try  ...if I could get it up to 6 rings from the current four I'd be happy . 

Anonymous
Not applicable

barndoor

@Anonymous  

Thanks I expect you are right   .. i thought I was getting half a dozen rings  out of the last company   but maybe i was faster than I thought and not actually missing the first three rings . 😄

@barndoor 

I think @Nezgar has a conditional call forward that sends it to a phone number that justs keeps ringing.....

@barndoor wrote:

Will that extend the ring time even though the voicemail is disabled ? I just want it to work like a landline where it rings  until I answer it or the person on the other end gives up . 😀

30 seconds of ringing (~ 6 rings) is the maximum. After 30 seconds you can have the call go to voicemail, which itself could be set to "extended absence greeting" with ability to leave messages disabled by dialing *61*3065804001**30# for instance,

or after 30 seconds have the call just "fail" by dialing:

*61*0000000000**30#

then

*004*0000000000# to set the other conditionals the same way.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barndoor : Not possible. I don't think any provider does. I think it's a cell thing.

barndoor

Will that extend the ring time even though the voicemail is disabled ? I just want it to work like a landline where it rings  until I answer it or the person on the other end gives up . 😀

@darlicious wrote:

@barndoor 

BTW... @Nezgar can answer the extending your call ring time to a maximum of 30 seconds? Much quicker than I can because thats in his wheelhouse.....

Here's a good reference post. (I forgot I wrote this one haha)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/How-to-Change-the-rings-delay-befo...

@barndoor 

BTW... @Nezgar can answer the extending your call ring time to a maximum of 30 seconds? Much quicker than I can because thats in his wheelhouse.....

@barndoor 

Lol...I had a 6 hour activation nightmare! Its like a right of passage for smooth sailing going forward!

@barndoor

Other than the usual spam calls from Nigerian princes and the CRA demanding you pay your tax bill in bitcoin you won't get any extra telemarketers than the next guy....and if you do just don't answer and block or have some fun with these posts by the amazing @Nezgar 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Lenny-the-Telemarketers-worst-nigh...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Fun-with-Conditional-Call-forwardi...

barndoor

@darlicious  

thanks  ...I'll see if I can find it ... things just seem to be a challenge to find here for some reason .  What I I thought would be a half hour  phone setup today has turned into a six hour nightmare ... but i think I am finally  just about sorted . 😁

barndoor

@darlicious   

I can handle that ,its the third party  marketers that get under my skin  and I had virtually none with the last company so I hope that continues . 😎

@barndoor 

Go into your profile and turn off email notifications. Somewhere in there you can leave private message ones on so you are notified by email when a moderator replies or a member private messages you. But I turned them all off and just check in if I'm expecting a moderator response. If I'm not online I don't want to be bothered by the community.....I'm on here too much already!😃

@barndoor wrote:

Do they have telemarketers here ?? I   just switched companies and don't want to start with that   again ...

@barndoor 

You won't be contacted by pm employees trying to upsell you anything.....occasionally you might be texted a special offer ( that are usually very YMMV and worth considering) or a free gift offer that you have to respond YES to.....like last summer when most BC and Alberta customers were offered a free 5gb data add on and 1000 min calling add on to compete with the new Shaw mobile service. You can sign up for deal alerts but they are usually for new activations and they don't actually send them out very often.

barndoor

@darlicious  ..thanks for the info  ...any suggestions as to how to stop the notifications from here from cluttering up my inbox ?   

@barndoor 

Welcome to public mobile! To start off just an FYI... to directly refer to another member's post you can tag them by tapping the "@" key and an box will pop up with usernames in it.....just tap the name or continue to type the name out til it appears.

barndoor

That seems to be effective  ...why was Simon not smart enough to be able to give that answer when I asked him  or better yet why isn't it a choice in voicemail setup ? 

barndoor

Do they have telemarketers here ?? I   just switched companies and don't want to start with that   again ...

barndoor

It works ...get a busy signal  when the phone is off and it rings four times  when it is on  .. Is there any way  to let it ring more times before it gives a busy signal . For those of us that work in noisy environments   it can take 4 or 5 rings just to realize  the phone is ringing . 

barndoor

Does that disable  the voicemail  or does it still answer the phone and give the  extended absence greeting ?

dboxtvinfo715

I PREFER NO VOICEMAIL AND TEXTS ISA BETTER SO I GOT TO REMOVE VOICEMAIL FINALLLY

Need Help? Let's chat.