cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does checking your voicemai a charge on outgoing

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

also how do we stop from receiving voicemail i do not want voicemail how to de activate info please

its 2 monthe i do not check messages, why should i use my minutes

46 REPLIES 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy : As a security question when contacting the mods using private messaging. But if you use a ticket then you've already verified yourself.

The PIN is the one for the 611 service though. You create it yourself when you self-activate. I'm not sure how it works for activating in-store. But somehow or another it will get texted to you from "611".

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I believe it is another layer of security MOD might ask you to confirm you are authorized to handle particular PM account.

But MOD never asked ME to provide it when I request assistance????

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Meow wrote:

@Korth wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

You can check your voicemail from any phone by dialing your own number.

It works as everybody suggested.

For some reason PIN I selected during sign up was not working. PIN Reset done through self serving account, called myself again, default password is my phone number and set PIN again.

There sometimes tends to be some confusion between account PIN and voicemail password. Some members believe that they are the same, but they aren't. They are set seperately and can be different. I'm wondering if your account PIN might have mistakenly been used instead of your voicemail password.

Oh, I see what do you mean. Most likely I never had vmail password set so that is why my 'PIN' was rejected when accessing it.

What is actual purpose of 'account PIN'? Security?

@Meow wrote:

@Korth wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

For some reason PIN I selected during sign up was not working. PIN Reset done through self serving account, called myself again, default password is my phone number and set PIN again.

There sometimes tends to be some confusion between account PIN and voicemail password. Some members believe that they are the same, but they aren't. They are set seperately and can be different. I'm wondering if your account PIN might have mistakenly been used instead of your voicemail password.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Meow wrote:

@Korth wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

Good to know how to reset PIN and save minutes when checking vmail.

I hope telemarketers will not get a hold of my number...

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Korth wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 

You can also navigate through the preferences to select "Rapid" prompts, this will consume fewer outgoing minutes when checking voicemail. (Your phone already displays the number and time/date of each incoming call so you don't really need the computer babble to slowly repeat these details during playback.)

@kselmak wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

I also use Fongo to turn my 15 plan into unlined, i turn al my outgoing calls into incoming using only about 0.07 megs of data (most of the time free wifi actually)

Could you please explain? I did not get it...

dboxtvinfo715
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

wow bthanks success

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 

To "disable" voicemail, dial   *004*8080000000#  

To reset it back to defaults, dial   ##004#

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 

All limited minutes plans use minutes when dialing into voicemail, with every provider i have ever been with.

If you don't want voicemail to pickup at all you could set forwarding of missed/busy/ignored/unreachable calls to a USA number and forward will fail.

If you still want the greeting and letting people know they called the right person you can do above suggested extended getting with disabling having the message.

If you still want your voicemail but don't want to waste your minutes you have two options. The first one is to call in the VM number from a landline, it's a bit long. Second one is to use free Fongo number in your forwarding settings and set Fongo to ring only once, after you miss call it will be forwarded to your Fongo number which can email you the voicemail, you can dial in for free (using data/WiFi) or just click on the play button in vm section in the app.

I also use Fongo to turn my 15 plan into unlined, i turn al my outgoing calls into incoming using only about 0.07 megs of data (most of the time free wifi actually)

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

also how do we stop from receiving voicemail i do not want voicemail how to de activate info please

Hi @dboxtvinfo715 I also do not check my messages often.  I use my mobile phone mostly for texting.  If you are a tad curious on who left you messages without using your minutes, use a landline to listen to your messages and/or delete.  Dial your 10-digit number until the voicemail picks up, then press " * "(star)  and then press 1 to listen to your messages.

If you have any further questions, we are here to help.

Cheers

RosieR

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

You don't have to. You can continue ignoring it. When it gets to 10 messages then it stops taking new messages. Then after 10 days the first one will delete and allow one more.

Or do as previously suggested.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

would this help?

To Disable Your Voicemail, Follow These Steps:

1. Dial into your voicemail by holding the number 1 on your dial pad.
  2. Select option 3 to “Manage your greetings”
  3. Select option 4 to “Manage your Extended Absence Greeting”
  • Select Option 2 to record an extended absence greeting if you don’t already have one.
  1. If you have an extended absence greeting recorded, Select option 4 to turn on Extended Absence Greeting
  2. Select option 5 to block callers from leaving a message after hearing the Extended Absence Greeting

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 :It charges outgoing minutes because you have to dial out to it to access the voicemail service. If you don't want to use your outgoing minutes you can use another phone to call your voice mail service or use Fongo app which will use either mobile data or wifi to make the outgoing call.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dboxtvinfo715 wrote:

@dboxtvinfo715 

esjliv_0-1618261477789.png

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/add-an-extended-absence-greeting

NOTE: checking your voicemail from your own Public Mobile device will use your Outgoing minutes if you are on the $15 plan. 

BUT, if you call your phone number from a landline or different device to check voicemail - THIS WILL NOT DEDUCT your minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.