cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why cant public have a phone service where u call and get an agent

jstorey72
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i have a 5 minute problem that has now turned into  a 16 hour problem because i this company wants to do is email or use some stupid robot  i dont want to use public any more  i have had **bleep** service  it seems that no one cares 

87 REPLIES 87

@AmyJaneEriksen wrote:

agreed! i dont know how to call them if something goes haywire lmao 

You can't call anyone. All service is provided online.

AmyJaneEriksen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

agreed! i dont know how to call them if something goes haywire lmao 

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Can't believe I wasted my time on that whole thread lol

You and me both. 

winston11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is how Public Mobile runs and so as Koodo

Danchvn

@ShawnC13 Well it was a little entertaining.

Can't believe I wasted my time on that whole thread lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hyT wrote:

@Anonymous 

Someone may not know Maire is French for Mayor. 

@hyT 

So he misspelled twice. But that makes more sense. I wondered who marie was. Thanks.

Congratulations koodo on another stellar customer service experience.

@jstorey72 

I'm surprised koodo didn't charge you a $30 activation fee. Good luck with your new provider.

PM escalations department : Nice work satisfying this former customer.

hyT

@Anonymous 

Someone may not know Maire is French for Mayor. 

hyT

@Jb456 and others 

Bravo for your patience and willingness to help. I appreciate your efforts.

shaker

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like a nice goodwill gesture from the mods.

Who's marie anyway?

And a bravo for Jb456's entertainment. 🙂

jstorey72

hey marie  just thought you would like to know that the money that i shelled out yesterday for public mobile has been fully reimbursed.   this all could have been avoided, over a simple 5 minute issue that took almost 24 hours. and thanks for everything u think you know alot and how things work but  you really do not thanks for all your input stay safe and informed  so that you know everything 

jstorey72

Marie you should be a mod on here u know more than them lol 

@jstorey72  sorry but when you actuved and joined you also agreed to the service terms and conditions.

One of which is No Refund.

Screenshot_20200719_110951.jpg

jstorey72

i have did all of this and im s frustrated with public and tellus i just want my money back. its so bad how they work with this online crap  that i can not talk to alive person in real time 

@jstorey72 

To summarize, you activated in store with new PM number. Your service is working properly.  You just can't make a self service account. 

Looks like a glitch in the system.  Maybe your new number was used recently, so the system is not recognizing the number as "new".  

Some moderators are newer to PM and may lack some experience. It does look like that you will need to contact moderator again.  From your experience in this thread, you should write a detailed, concise explanation of your issue, so then you do not need back and forth interaction.  It is not a live chat system.  Moderators usually take at least a few hours to respond.  Make sure that you mention that you do not need a password reset as recommended by previous moderator.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jstorey72 wrote:

i need to get the self service account working so i can see my data usage and account info and set up the auto payment option that is my issue  i can not do this from the 611 number and everything that i put in from phone number to email says its invalid there fore  i can not create the account and no mods will get back to me to address this issue. aare you able to get into ur self serve account to change plans or see data usage 

There we go. No indeed. You need a self-serve account to do those things. I had asked to begin with to see if the 611 service could do what you needed in the meantime until you get your self-serve account problem sorted out.

So again...you did not get a text or email from here when you got activated. Right?

jstorey72

i need to get the self service account working so i can see my data usage and account info and set up the auto payment option that is my issue  i can not do this from the 611 number and everything that i put in from phone number to email says its invalid there fore  i can not create the account and no mods will get back to me to address this issue. aare you able to get into ur self serve account to change plans or see data usage 

jstorey72

the sim was activated at the store  by kodo which is a telus company

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your service works and you're getting what you paid for.

I'll ask again...other than the completing task of the self-serve account, was there a specific reason that you needed to have it?

Did you get a text from here when you inserted the SIM in the phone after activation?

Hi @jstorey72 

Did you activate your sim by yourself?

If you did that you also created your selfserve, it's part of the self activation, you have to register only if you activated in store

jstorey72

tried that and still nothing from them cant speak to an actual person  on a phone call or vid chat   now im getting to the point just want my money back if i had known this is how public does business through messaging service or by a community  i would have never chosen them  i mean it now a 17 hour problem  that could have taken 5 minutes by phone and people keep telling me to do the same things over and over is so frustrating 

jstorey72

either way i can not et up the account=t because it says everything is invalid 

jstorey72

i have tried that and when i put in my number says invalid phone number  i can receive and send text i can make calls  but what i caknt do is make an account during the first step where it says put in you phone number it say onvaled phone number 

@jstorey72 

So now we have determined you do have a working service.

Now you try to "create a self serve account"  at this link.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

And when you enter your phone number it tells you this.

The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here

• Then you "click here"

Which brings you to the forgot password link asking for your email address.

Now you say you never created a self serve account. Correct?

Is it possible that during your visit at the Kiosk that the person activating your sim card asked you if you wanted them to set it up for you? They would have had to ask you for your email address and to pick a password as well as a security question??

Did that happen by chance?

More importantly have you tried the forgot password link?

I ask this because the forgot password link DOES NOT ASK FOR YOUR PHONE NUMBER  It asks for your email address. Then your security question. (That is , if kiosk guy did it for you).

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jstorey72 wrote:

i have texted the moderators several times apparently there all off today  same as the regular contact agents 

I see 6 mods logged in now. They work weekends. You need to use the chatbot to get to a submit ticket or sending a private message.

jstorey72

i have texted the moderators several times apparently there all off today  same as the regular contact agents 

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jstorey72 This thread is too long to check  all the advice you've been given and ignored

So, to be clear you CANNOT call the PM agents for help. Therefore, if the suggestions here have helped, contact the moderators directly through private message here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jstorey72

no port phoone works active sim card can text call and go to web sites

Need Help? Let's chat.