cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why cant public have a phone service where u call and get an agent

jstorey72
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i have a 5 minute problem that has now turned into  a 16 hour problem because i this company wants to do is email or use some stupid robot  i dont want to use public any more  i have had **bleep** service  it seems that no one cares 

87 REPLIES 87

jstorey72

bno port new number 

jstorey72

611 says the regular stuff i would assume to everyone about payments and stuff  and than when the self serve account says to go to web page 

@jstorey72  

Now we're are getting somewhere 👍

You were at a kiosk and they activated the account for you.

• Did you port a number from another provider?
  • Does the phone work? Like can you call and text?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jstorey72 wrote:

i did  not see it and i can not get past  the first step once i put in my phone number cleared the cache history went incognito  and i get this message when i put in my number for first step.

your phone number is invalid 

Did you get a text on your phone after activating at the store? Did the store let you walk out the door without a working service?

Again, what exactly does 611 say to you when you call it?

jstorey72

my phone and account is activated was one so at the store 

jstorey72

i did  not see it and i can not get past  the first step once i put in my phone number cleared the cache history went incognito  and i get this message when i put in my number for first step.

your phone number is invalid 

@jstorey72 

You still haven't responded to my recent post asking you to answer clear and concise......

jstorey72

i can not get past the first step because it says my phone number is invalid  so if i can not get past that i can not set up a self serve acc.  i had everything set up at the store 

jstorey72

thanks but i have been asking for acall and no one calls 

B12

@jstorey72 

It seems you are like me and want a hotline to be able to reach. Unfortunately and to my dismay as well as yours, Public gimps out of a hotline because it's a "cheap" service. 😶

Funny and ironic fact; they have a number they can call you with just not the other way around.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jstorey72 wrote:

611 can not fix my issue i tried it please  no comment if its not a solution to my current issue 

i still  can not create an account to self-serve i have deleted the cash history and cookies i have went incognito to try it as well and nothing i still get this message  The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click but i canot go there cause i have no password  or account set up   so i need tyo be able to get into self

See post above. Did you actually do the first step of going through the activation process? You can't set up a self-serve account on a non-activated account. Going through the activation process will create the self-serve account.

You still haven't said what you're wish to do in the self-serve. Nor what the 611 service says when you try it.

jstorey72

the sim card was activated at the store i have a umber  but when i go into create a self serve account it says invalid phone number. i have tried to deleting my history and cookies and going incognito  and still nothing 

jstorey72

611 can not fix my issue i tried it please  no comment if its not a solution to my current issue 

i still  can not create an account to self-serve i have deleted the cash history and cookies i have went incognito to try it as well and nothing i still get this message  The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click but i canot go there cause i have no password  or account set up   so i need tyo be able to get into self

@jstorey72 

Let's take a step back here......

Answer these questions fully. Clear n concise. It's hard to keep up with your multiple messages and many of them copy and pasting the same thing over.

1- You have a sim card so did you activate the sim card. Yes or No?

This is the link to activate a brand new sim card.

https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

And this is what the page looks like.

Screenshot_20200719_095046.jpg

Did you do this page? Yes or no?.

Will wait for your response!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jstorey72 wrote:

did not get a welcome email and 611 is of no use tried it but thank you 

Of no use for what? What is it that you're trying to do anyway? Other than simply trying to make an account.

You can do a few things in 611. Just not everything.

jstorey72

did not get a welcome email and 611 is of no use tried it but thank you 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you get a welcome email from here? If so, can you try to login using the email that the welcome email came in on? Or Forgot your password? there?

Can you call 611?

jstorey72

no i did not for get pass word how can i forget a password to an account that i haven't made  when i go to create my account this is what the message says when i go to insert my phone number to the first step to create my self serve account 

The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click i have not created any account  i have deleted my cash and tried the ingognito thing still not working 

@jstorey72 then you're with the wrong company.

So if you already tried forgot password link and that does not work. Only Moderators can help you.

You said you already talked to Moderators. Did you talk to them in the tone you talked to us?

In any event you will have to contact them again.

Click this link to send a private message.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

24/48 hours is the standard time frame for them to get back to you.

Get your account shorted since you already paid for 30 days and if you're still not happy switch to Lucky or another provider before your next payment due date as your account must be in good standing here to port your number out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jstorey72 wrote:

but between you and the mod that i have talked with you keep telling me to do the same things that i have tried  and still no sopulution my point is that if i was able to talk to an agent at a call center this would have been taken care of already and not have been a 17 hour issue 

And we've been saying that all there is here are online mods. I agree about the stupid chatbot. But if you've been with a mod then try again. Maybe you get another one.

Are your services working? Can you call 611?

What is it you're trying to do that you wish to be in the self-serve account?

We all came here for the rates. We quickly realize there's no nice call centre standing by 24/7 to answer every inquiry. If customers need all kinds of hand-holding then this isn't the right provider for them. And that's fine.

jstorey72

i did what you said but still getting this message when i insert phone number 

The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click

jstorey72

thank u i tried that but will do so again 

jstorey72

but between you and the mod that i have talked with you keep telling me to do the same things that i have tried  and still no sopulution my point is that if i was able to talk to an agent at a call center this would have been taken care of already and not have been a 17 hour issue 

@jstorey72 

Now try the forgot password link

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/forgot-password/

jstorey72

lucky has a call center and they do it for the same price ppretty much  but if your not here to help with my current problem which is this 

he phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click

jstorey72

still saying this message he phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click

@jstorey72  and this is right on www.publicmobile.ca

Screenshot_20200719_092646.jpg

So we don't need to continue to be reading about you proving a point of what Lucky has that Public Mobile doesn't have!

jstorey72

but you do see that they have a call center where public does not my point proven 

jstorey72

i just called  so i know that they have a live agent 

@jstorey72  contact the moderators directly through private message here and ask them to help you set up a self service account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.