cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where is the "SIM & Activation online form"

ryanwoo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I got a message from public mobile about porting my number, the message is like:

Public Mobile here: We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile. Please go to PublicMobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. Thanks.

But I could find the "SIM & Activation online form", can someone please tell me where is it?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

@Xandeee wrote:

Hi there, I recently ported my old number but it didn't work, outcoming calls I can make but can't use Data or receive calls. With my other number making calls and data are working but is not receiving as well.

Could you help me solving this issue?

I also receive a text saying to fill in the SIM & activation online form, but I can't find it.

There is no sim & activation form when it comes to correcting a number port that has failed.  That text message is a throwback in the days when Public Mobile allowed customers to contact them through a "contact us" form through the website.    It is a form letter response that no longer applies but still gets sent out to customers when a phone number transfer has failed.

You will need to send a message to Moderator_Team (as mentioned earlier) to resubmit another phone number transfer request.  But before you do that, make sure you have some important information about your old carrier's service such as your account number that you have over there.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Xandeee wrote:

Hi there, I recently ported my old number but it didn't work, outcoming calls I can make but can't use Data or receive calls. With my other number making calls and data are working but is not receiving as well.

I also receive a text saying to fill in the SIM & activation online form, but I can't find it.

To activate your SIM card: click here

It is always better to continue to use your old provider until service stop working, then you know that transfer was completed and you can swap your SIM cards.

If it has been 3 hours (for mobile number) since you ported, the port is either still in the process of being completed or is stuck. You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, they will help to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

You will receive a response within an hour, if you are lucky OR it might take up to 48 hours, if your luck is run out! Woman Wink

Xandeee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @ryanwoo

Thank you for your interest in joining Public Mobile!

If you need any help porting your phone number, please let me know!

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@ryanwoo A moderator @Shazia_K @Mary_M may be able to assist you with the port. 

You will likely need to send them some information by private message. If unfamiliar with this feature, you can review it here: Private Messages - viewing and creating. It will speed things along if you can check in from time to time during "Ontario business hours" today.

Until the port completes you should be able to use your old sim.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ryanwoo

Yes, that's it. Thanks for your help

etsat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh, I see. Go to the Get Help page. The button is under Contact us below, and you'll see the option for SIM & Activation.

ryanwoo

I went through the number poring request page as well. my problem is after activation, after porting request, then I was asked to fill-in the "SIM & Activation online form" because there was a problem processing my request.

etsat

Here is the direct link. If that doesn't work, it's under Plan and Add-ons > Change Phone Number in your account settings.

ryanwoo

No, this is not the one I am looking for. I went through the activation already. I am doing my number porting. thanks anyway.

rcoach1974

my sim has been active for months

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

hi @ryanwoo;

At the bottom on the Contact Us page, there is a link to "Activate a SIM Card", on the far left under Getting Started, believe that is the one you need. Here is a link for convenience:  https://activate.publicmobile.ca/

Hope this helps, and welcome ot Public Mobile!

Need Help? Let's chat.