cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail options??

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wasnt sure where else to ask this. Is there any way to get voicemail to stop announcing the full phone number before letting you hear the voicemail message? My previous carrier only stated the time, you heard the message, then one of the options after the message played was to hear the number it was from and time it was delivered... any way to change this? is there a setting? its quite annoying when its already in your call history... 

Im thinking maybe not if we only get the basic voicemail, but i thought it was worth an ask

12 REPLIES 12

Pawprints1986

Finally got a voicemail (yep I'm popular lol) and can confirm that this instead of the whole number just says 'new message' followed by actual message. Yay! 

I think it's mostly just the a hold over from the days when caller ID was an optional feature.

It may also be useful for messages left while your phone is in airplane mode or out of the coverage area.

Pawprints1986

@brettster99 I could see maybe it would be quite handy if someone were blind or visually partially impaired that it tells them the number just in case the person didnt say their number... but for the majority of us its not needed

brettster99

@Pawprints1986 

Yeah it was very annoying. Like I have eyes I can see the number that just called on the main screen I don’t need you to tell me it 

Starshoot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can change in the preferences section of your VM.

Pawprints1986

@brettster99 so annoying isn't it?! I mean I know, it's a first world problem, but annoying just the same lol

brettster99

@Nezgar 

Thank you very much!!!! I was just about to ask this til I saw this post and the answer you gave. Changed mine as well

You are a hero 

Pawprints1986

@darlicious @Nezgar  thank you both for responding so fast, you're the best! 

I won't know for sure until I get another voicemail but I think I've just enabled what I wanted! Or should I say disabled 🙂 thank youuuu! 

@Pawprints1986  Now you know what to do...?.

@Nezgar    Wow that was fast!! Thx ....to the rescue once again!

Haha @darlicious Summoned I was 😁

@Pawprints1986You can inhibit the behaviour you describe by changing this setting once logged into your voicemail:

4. Personal preferences

2. Playback Preferences

2. Disable playing of the caller ID

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986  

This is when you use the @Nezgar  bat signal. Resident voicemail expert extraordinaire.

Need Help? Let's chat.