cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using my phone in the US

jobella
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Do I need to do anything to my phone (apart from purchasing extra minutes) so that it works when I travel in the USA?

Thanks

J

5 REPLIES 5

David
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jobella

While the minutes you buy won't allow you to call FROM WITHIN the United States, they will certainly allow you to call TO the United States, from Canada.

@jobella, though PM currently lacks Roaming, That Might change. Depends on conditions at time. Never lose hope.

Hello,

Please see my reply to your other post.

With regard to a failed transaction, there is the possibility that it was successful. Call your credit-card company to see if the transaction went through or not.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Public Mobile does not provide roaming services. In order for your phone to work, it must be unlocked, and have a SIM card compatible with the American network that you will use.

If you wish to use a reputable unlocking service that has a good reputation, visit www.cellunlocker.net

For SIM card service in the USA, visit www.roammobility.com The company caters to Canadians who are in the States.

Purchasing extra minutes from Public Mobile has nothing to do with the above.

I hope that this has helped.

jobella
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am trying to purchase an add-on to make calls in the US but it keeps saying that the transaction couldn't be completed. Is this because I am on autopayment?

Thanks

J

Need Help? Let's chat.