cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unsolicited verification code messages

frog2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can anyone explain why my cell phone is receiving unsolicited verification code messages and if so what I can do to stop them? Many thanks

14 REPLIES 14

HI @Genealogist   it could be a scam, it could be sent by mistakes (people can put in wrong number)

Just ignore   🙂

Genealogist
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Blocked and deleted.

Genealogist

Yes, I got a numerical code too - from (833) 994-0038. Thanks!

MurphyT

I have received 4 today from the same number. Mine is showing its google verification. I was thinking of blocking the number but since I actually have google accounts, I don't want to block the number. 

It could be that the person who had this phone number before me is trying to get into an account they had so I will ignore it. I am sure it will stop sending soon. lol

frog2

Thanks

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@frog2   Another option you can consider if you find that you're getting too many unsolicited calls/messages, you can change your number once every 30 days for free.

frog2

Thanks for the suggestions - makes sense. Cheers. 

frog2

Thanks  RossN- this possibility makes sense. Cheers

@frog2 block them individually. Stay safe. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@frog2 wrote:

Numerical codes - the last one if from the number +1 833 994 0036. Thanks 

@frog2 @t may be from someone who had your number before and forgot to change there info it has happened to me in the past unless you change numbers I can't see doing much about it 

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sounds to me like someone else had your phone number in the past and they are trying to sign into a website like the bank etc that uses two part authentication.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@frog2 wrote:

Can anyone explain why my cell phone is receiving unsolicited verification code messages and if so what I can do to stop them? Many thanks

@frog2   Are you perhaps asking about a text message from 5179 regarding free data/mins?  Otherwise you'll need to provide a bit more information as already suggested.

frog2

Numerical codes - the last one if from the number +1 833 994 0036. Thanks 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@frog2 wrote:

@frog2 hi what type of codes are you receiving?

Need Help? Let's chat.