cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterxbYang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

unregistered sim

Hi,

I have been an PM member since November and all of a sudden today my sim became unregistered and I can no longer go on the network. I had previously lost a phone and also want to see if its possible to put that IMEI of that phone on blacklist. The phone I am currently using is a new phone I purchased brand new recently and it had worked for about two weeks until this happened. Can someone assist me in troubleshooting this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Mary_M
Retraité / Retired

Re: unregistered sim

Hey @PeterxbYang,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Can you please go to https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started and enter the IMEI of your phone? It will show if the phone has been declared lost/stolen. 

You can also send it to me via private message, also including your phone number 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

View solution in original post

All Replies
dohadotahmed
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Is it possible to put your sim in a different phone to see if the sim card work?
So that we know what is causing the problem. ....the sim or phone?
MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

@PeterxbYang   Since its not working suddenly, do you see if its suspended in the serlf portal?  If not, only a mod can find out about the sim.   or leave message here by tagging one of the mob  @Shazia_K

PeterxbYang

Hi,

I just tested that, the sim worked on another phone just fine. I tried putting another phones sim in this phone, but it said locked sim. So it seems like it is either the phone not being able to read the sim properly or the phone is blocked on all networks?

How can I determine either of the above?

Thanks

Tags (1)
zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

Other then @MoreYummy ; this might sound really stupid but did you install any major updates on the new phone; also double check that the SIM is sitting well in its position.
CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@PeterxbYang  if you put a sim card in your phone that is not from your network, and it doesnt work, then that is proof that your phone is probably locked to a particular network, but this cant be the case since it worked prior.

PeterxbYang

@CaNuCk07The phone was purchased unlocked, so it technically should work when I put in another sim card regardless of the network?

@zhadj030no updates recently, worked fine yesterday and sim sitting in the correct place. My wife uses the exact same phone and I tried using her sim, but still not working

@MoreYummyit is not suspended. Thanks I will see if Mods can help.

@Shazia_KHi, is there a possibility my phone has been blacklisted somehow?

Thanks

Peter

dohadotahmed

I know your problem now. The other user in this forum had same problem couple of days ago. I believe your phone got blacklisted on pm database.
Because you said your sim is working on other phone so the sim is fine.
You have to send a pm to one of our moderator to remove the blacklist from your phone. Please send a private message to @Mary_M asap.
Mary_M
Retraité / Retired

Hey @PeterxbYang,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Can you please go to https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started and enter the IMEI of your phone? It will show if the phone has been declared lost/stolen. 

You can also send it to me via private message, also including your phone number 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

View solution in original post

dohadotahmed

Thanks @Mary_M you're here to help him.
Need Help? Let's chat.