cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlimited canada calling /text service doesnt work

Poundermo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activated a $35 canada text/call plan. Whenever i try and make a call it says i dont have an active long distance plan. 

can anyone help me with this issue?

mod team isnt responding to me!!!!

Thank You

16 REPLIES 16

@gord4673 Are you sure his phone is unlocked? Can you try the SIM in a different unlocked phone? A different operation SIM in his?

No joy then he needs assistance from the Moderator Team. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with a description of your issue. Usually they answer within in 24 hours, but can take a few days.

Do not send multiple messages. This increases the queue and adds to the time moderators take to locate all your messages. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

gord4673

My brother just signed up with Public mobile 3 hours ago. He pre paid 1 month for Canada wide calling and unlimited text. He recieved an email saying welcome to public mobile, restarted his phone, registered the sim card etc but so far ntohing works. When he tries to sign in it says that his email (which he entered then re-entered to verify) is not recognised. He also selected a PIN # when he signed up. Because it won't reconise his email and the password that he set up he is unable to sign in to get help.     Any Suggestions???

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poundermo wrote:

i was an exsisting user and whiched my plan over the phone. They said my plan would be active... its not saying i dont have an active plan. Just any call i make the automative response comes on saying i need a long distance add on

So you're a legacy customer from before 2015?

All of the questions are not for laughs. It is trying to get to the bottom of what's going on and then to help you get going.

We can't help you if you don't answer the questions or try the suggestions.

Either that or enjoy waiting for moderator response.

Poundermo

i was an exsisting user and whiched my plan over the phone. They said my plan would be active... its not saying i dont have an active plan. Just any call i make the automative response comes on saying i need a long distance add on

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poundermo wrote:

trying to open in another browser. 

Are you able to log in? Or are you getting this message just trying to log in? You activated yourself right? Not in-store?

Poundermo

trying to open in another browser. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poundermo wrote:

didnt work

What didn't work?

Poundermo

didnt work

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poundermo wrote:

it says 

oh no!

looks like something went wrong

Try another browser or clear cache/cookies or use incognito/privacy mode.

Poundermo

it says 

oh no!

looks like something went wrong

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Poundermo wrote:

Thanks. Id prefer that my service provider complete my service activation correctly so I need not use another provider. It just gives me the modivation to swicth cell providers.

Once again i truly appricate your suggestions

When you log in to your self-serve does it say it's active?

If so then while you're there:

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

There's another thing to try but let's start there. And of course as mentioned did you restart the phone?

@Poundermo wrote:

Thanks. Id prefer that my service provider complete my service activation correctly so I need not use another provider. It just gives me the modivation to swicth cell providers.

@PoundermoUnderstood, sometimes there are small hiccups like this. Service here is normally fine, the most common issues are during activations.

Just a note- I would still suggest even if you have rogers, or bell, or any other network to have a free calling app as a back up like Fongo. All service providers can run into various issues, even someone can accidentally add your phone to the blacklist so it canno't connect to the cellular network, or your phone developed network issues or your dialing app becomes corrupted so I don't suggest that only because you are here with public mobile. Of course its rare, being prepared is not for the average day, its for the day when the unlikely happens.

Poundermo

@Poundermo wrote:

thank you!

The 1+ solution didnt work. I guess i have to wait. Appricate the suggestion

@PoundermoNo problem. I know it sucks, but they are really busy but working hard to respond to each inquiry. Support staff is small but that’s why this service is such low cost. Rest assured you WILL be taken care of.

You can also look into a back-up calling app, fongo gives you a free number and lets you make free calls when using data/wifi. Suggested that everyone has at least 1 backup (voip) calling / texting app.

Poundermo

thank you!

The 1+ solution didnt work. I guess i have to wait. Appricate the suggestion

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Poundermo wrote:

I just activated a $35 canada text/call plan. Whenever i try and make a call it says i dont have an active long distance plan. 

can anyone help me with this issue?

mod team isnt responding to me!!!!

Thank You

@PoundermoThe mod team takes time to respond. Have you tried more than 1 number? Can you call 611? Does your texting work or is it only outgoing calls? Have you tried rebooting your phone since you just activated? You might find that adding a ”1” to the beginning of your phone call dial might solve the issue. Your account may have a provisioning issues where the database of included calling numbers is corrupted and would have to wait for moderator assistance.

Need Help? Let's chat.