cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to send MMS but can receive them

snow1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I have a weird problem where I can receive MMS but I can't send MMS. I did turn on data when I was trying to send but it in "sending..." mode forever. I did configure apn setting but it still doesn't work. My phone is lg g6 if that is the problem.

5 REPLIES 5

Natstahl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try checking your settings again 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@snow1 wrote:

Hello, I have a weird problem where I can receive MMS but I can't send MMS. I did turn on data when I was trying to send but it in "sending..." mode forever. I did configure apn setting but it still doesn't work. My phone is lg g6 if that is the problem.

Hi @snow1 , your LG G6 should not be the issue. But to rule it out you can try your SIM in another compatible Public Mobile phone and then try sending an MMS.

Disable your Chat Features (and if the receipent is an Android, see if their Chat Feature is enabled:

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

Is this to 1 person specifically or everyone you try to send MMS to?

@snow1 

Go into your texting/messaging app and clear your cache. 

Edit: You can also delete messaging threads that are unimportant or just back up your text messages to your cloud and clear the data from your app.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@snow1 

Depending on your phone/operating system, check messaging settings for settings which may read "automatic" "SMS", "MMS", and/or "Chat".

Select automatic.

Also try rebooting phone and reset network settings on device.   You could also removing and replacing SIM card in phone.

@snow1 wrote:

Since you're able to receive MMS, this isn't an APN issue. I've encountered before where have the maximum message/file size set at too high of amount on some devices would cause sending to fail. 

Need Help? Let's chat.