cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this is somewhat hilarious....

gbokodi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

so many people are having problems and a forum is their only support?

no offence to anyone but all i can say is LOL

13 REPLIES 13

mlwang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i dont think any of you replying here praising PM has been without phone service for days or even more than a week due to their glitchy system

I paid for a 10 day trial it's halfway done and i still dont have service. At this rate it will probably expire before i get any support at all.

gunmetalgrey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I originally intended to switch over to Public Mobile from Fido and really wanted to like them, but also ran into activation issues. Lower prices is a good thing however and as a result Fido is now offering a competitive price Match so I was able to get the same $40 4GB deal with them. 

I think so many people were in a hurry to get this deal that they didn't read and understand how PM is run and the people that were referring were trying to get as many people as they could for a bonus that they may not have explained what the service is like for PM.  I didn't have any issues *except find out I couldn't set up autopay with Visa Debit or AMEX*  other then that my two lines ahve been going great.  I have said PM isn't for everybody, if you want to be able to call and wait on hold for someone or go into a store front for customer service this is not the provider for you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

boldventure

Great for those who did not encounter a problem and not great for those who encountered problems.

But hopefully response time would be better next week.

What will be more hilarious is those who are paying much more compare to the current promo

SRS

Message a moderator for help and include all the required information.  Your activation/Port will happen, just have patiences.  Your phone with your other sim will keep working till your port is complete, just keep using it as normal and have the public mobile sim handy to put in when your old providers sim stops.  Its pretty simple.

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

I have a hard time understanding why people sign up for services they don't fully research or understand, and then complain when things arent how they expected.

Granted things now are nuts because of hte promotion, but i would rather save $40 a month an have forum support that hte other way around.

gbokodi

i don't doubt the serivce, its why i am here. I ported over from wind because that service is beyond garbage.

true wind i paid 30$ unllimited everything but its a mickey mouse service for kids....

i hear others pay 80$++ rogers/bell

the deal and service PM is offering is beyond amazing......the support very bad....

once your stuck your stuck? i entered all the info given to me so what do you want me to tell you next?

SRS

Public Mobile is a self serve plan. If you follow the directions and steps provided and fill in as much information as requested everything will go as planned.  If you missed a field things can be slowed down.  The forum is here for informational purposes and to reach out to a Moderator for assistance.  No doubt the response to this promo has created an overwhelming response simply from word of mouth.  If this plan was advertised it would have created a massive earthquake to the Canadian Wireless market.  I ported 8 lines in total, 7 from wind and 1 from bell (my lines plus friends and family). 6 went off without a hitch, 2 required messages to mods and they were up and running in short order.  When you message a moderator about an issue ensure you include all the important info

phone number, prior account number, pin, name the account was under, sim card number and the email used to create a publicmobile account.

The service on PublicMobile (telus) is far superior to Wind.

jgorman
Well said vn33😀

vn33

Maybe you would want to make an attempt to understand why PM has this business model. Try reading Dave's thread on "a new way of doing business"

The only hilarious thing about this is when PM subscribers compare their mobile phone bills with those who subscribes from Carriers. I'm pretty sure they will be the one LOL when they see what others have to pay compared to what they get from PM!

theodog

I'm new as well but I have no complaints about the service.  I think it's been great and I have also received help from the mods.  

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The laughable part is really two things:

1) People who sign up for a service without understanding what it is.

2) Petty, negative comments from people.  *COUGH*  No need to name names.

Azrael

i guess its part of the reason why they can offer the plans so low, but it would have been nice if they would have scaled up the support group before they came out with these plans. Everyone seems to be busy these days.

Need Help? Let's chat.