cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text msgs not sending / Emergency calls only

HL1979
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Got a SIM card and phone number last Saturday...been texting fine all week and this morning.  This afternoon texts not sending, and says "emergency call only" where previosly said "public mobile" thought all bars are there for network.  Acct is all paid up on $15 plan.  I selected a phone # from public when activated sim card. 

Restarted phone....nothing

Powered down and removed Sim and reinstatlled....nothing. 

Don't think I have received texts either since this afternoon. 

67 REPLIES 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HL1979 wrote:

No money owed to Telus it was PAYG

Just checked that devicecheck.ca and it is coming up as LOSTSTOLEN on national database....how can that be....have had phone for over a yr and bought at walmart last christmas. 

So there's the problem. Yikes.

Hopefully the moderators can straighten that out.

@CS_Agent ... what the heck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@ChuckYeah @cellphoneuser1 @geopublic @Anonymous  lost /stolen trick definitely prevents your rewards from being applied. Two months in a row on the bf' s phone...once fixing his calls going to voicemail, next month when he actually lost his phone and yay had to use it again when he thought he lost my back up phone...thankfully he found it in the couch.

Thanks for the further corroboration.

HL1979

No money owed to Telus it was PAYG

Just checked that devicecheck.ca and it is coming up as LOSTSTOLEN on national database....how can that be....have had phone for over a yr and bought at walmart last christmas. 

@ChuckYeah @cellphoneuser1 @geopublic @Anonymous  lost /stolen trick definitely prevents your rewards from being applied. Two months in a row on the bf' s phone...once fixing his calls going to voicemail, next month when he actually lost his phone and yay had to use it again when he thought he lost my back up phone...thankfully he found it in the couch.

@HL1979  Now you have an excuse to show up at your lady friends door....or the coffee shop around the corner. You had to go find a signal for your phone and look where you found one! No booty call necessary. If you still don't have a signal you can borrow her phone to test your SIM.

HL1979

Bars all show up full. 

I know where the tower is, its close and I can see if from my front door. 

Have not moved. 

Something had to happen today with the IMEI

I will mention this as well.....when I set up the # on the Public Mobile site i started to immediately get texts from some stranger and asked them to remove me from there contact list,,,,came from a couple different people so not sure if it would have something to do with the old phone # or what, 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HL1979 wrote:

So i tried that one link.....

went to airplane mode off and on....no change

tried to manually select network provider said no service when I selected Public Mobile

tried the *#*#4636#*#* and said no service provider so can;t run ping test

tried the *#06# and IMEI # came up and put that # in where other guy said to check Samsung J1 and that # is coming up as lost/stolen.  Weird since I have always had this phone and just suddenly stopped working today. ( but this was after I suspended and reinstated service)

Guess I need a moderator?  and yes I have submitted a ticket....do they email me or what? 

Thanks everyone for your attempts and ideas, its appreciated but wtf, was trying to message a woman friend tonight

The little envelope in the upper right area will have a blob over it indicating you have a message. By default you would get an email too. Don't answer the email. Come back here and click on the envelope then click on the subject line to read the whole message.

Did you check devicecheck.ca as well?

Do you still owe money to Telus?

@HL1979  Where are you? Have you moved anywhere since this issue arose? Sounds like from the no pm on your phone and the sending circle of death is you have no cell connection to a tower. No signal. Maybe there's an outage in your area. Have you tried going somewhere you know will have Service?

HL1979

So i tried that one link.....

went to airplane mode off and on....no change

tried to manually select network provider said no service when I selected Public Mobile

tried the *#*#4636#*#* and said no service provider so can;t run ping test

tried the *#06# and IMEI # came up and put that # in where other guy said to check Samsung J1 and that # is coming up as lost/stolen.  Weird since I have always had this phone and just suddenly stopped working today. ( but this was after I suspended and reinstated service)

Guess I need a moderator?  and yes I have submitted a ticket....do they email me or what? 

Thanks everyone for your attempts and ideas, its appreciated but wtf, was trying to message a woman friend tonight

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

Don't know but on the problem account only had AP and referrals anf none of them got applied for two renewals and counting so my advice is do not use the lost stolen trick because is creates more problems then it's worth.

Why was lost/stolen being run? ...twice?

It wasn't it was only done once and since then rewards are not being applied and have to applied manually by a moderator fir two renewals and counting.

Wow. That's a thoroughly reputable first hand account. Thanks

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

Don't know but on the problem account only had AP and referrals anf none of them got applied for two renewals and counting so my advice is do not use the lost stolen trick because is creates more problems then it's worth.

It wasn't it was only done once and since then rewards are not being applied and have to be applied manually by a moderator for two renewals and counting.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HL1979 wrote:

I added $1 to account.....no change.

Did the lost stolen/suspend service.....no change

Called the number went to voicemail.....cell did not ring

chuck_grady provided an interesting link. Did you have a look there?

It seems odd that the call would go to voicemail if it was Emergency calls only.

You _have_ already submitted a ticket to the moderator right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

nvm. you answered while I was typing.

@Anonymous wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

Not a myth. The lost stolen trick does cause rewards to not be applied. In my case rewards have been messed up for two renewals and counting. The only way to fix is by moderator intervention. Avoid this method!

Thanks for the update. Had you been doing the lost/stolen procedure? Is this first hand experience?

First hand experience tried it on one of my accounts and never again!! Not worth the headache.

HL1979

I added $1 to account.....no change.

Did the lost stolen/suspend service.....no change

Called the number went to voicemail.....cell did not ring

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

What rewards didn't get applied, all or just autopay? @geopublic 

@geopublic wrote:

Not a myth. The lost stolen trick does cause rewards to not be applied. In my case rewards have been messed up for two renewals and counting. The only way to fix is by moderator intervention. Avoid this method!

AutoPay and referrals.

Don't all rewards get affected?

@geopublic wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

AutoPay and referrals.

Don't all rewards get affected?

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

AutoPay and referrals.

@geopublic wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

Thanks for the update. Had you been doing the lost/stolen procedure? Is this first hand experience?

@HL1979 This is a tough one. Please let us know how things go. It is likely going to be an interesting resolution.

Anything here that might help:

https://www.technobezz.com/fix-samsung-galaxy-service/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HL1979 

Try a manual payment of $1 into your Available Funds and then restart the phone.

Another thing to try which allegedly loses rewards for the next payment though I'm still not entirely clear on the impacts involved and whether they actually happen or whether they're a myth...
The lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HL1979 wrote:

Yes phone was bought new from Walmart last christmas by me.  Was on Telus previously but that stopped in June, just set this up last weekend with public. 

Just checked and phone is compatible.  Rechecked SIM again and all is good. Made sure all apps are updated. 

Checked account and all is good 0 talk minutes used and only 1.54mb of date used of 250mb.  Account says everything active. 

Bars on network are all full but still says emergency calls only and "sending" with rotating circle on my messanger. 

It is time to test your PM SIM card on another working unlocked phone to eliminate the possiblity of hardware issue. As the same time, put a good working SIM card in your phone to test.

HL1979

Yes phone was bought new from Walmart last christmas by me.  Was on Telus previously but that stopped in June, just set this up last weekend with public. 

Just checked and phone is compatible.  Rechecked SIM again and all is good. Made sure all apps are updated. 

Checked account and all is good 0 talk minutes used and only 1.54mb of date used of 250mb.  Account says everything active. 

Bars on network are all full but still says emergency calls only and "sending" with rotating circle on my messanger. 

@HL1979 wrote:

Its a samsung J1 been using it all week. 

I do not have another phone to try the sim card in 

Was it bought new?

@popping No minutes left wouldn't cause emergency calls only. Being out of minutes would cause an an error message read out loud when a call is attempted.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HL1979 

Check you minutes usage line on your overview page after login.

I have a $15 plan too.  If you don't see the minutes usage line, you used all 100 outgoing minutes for your current cycle.  I have used 3 minutes this cycle.

• Data & Add-OnsAmount Used
    100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk
    3  /  100 MIN
    1GB Promo
    102.004  /  1024 MB
    250 MB at 3G speed
    131.146  /  250 MB

Since your $15 plan has unlimited incoming minutes, can you receiving any calls?

Are you using an iPhone?

If yes, you need to configure your iMessage app to send out text using regular cellphone text channel.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HL1979 wrote:

Thanks for the tips I have contacted Simon and ordered a ticket prior to coming on here but was hoping someone else had an answer as it looks like it may take some time to get a response due to day/time. 

Maybe the SIM has become dislodged. Maybe try cleaning the contacts of the SIM.

Did you check the devicecheck.ca or the checker down from the Get Started link up top?

HL1979

Thanks for the tips I have contacted Simon and ordered a ticket prior to coming on here but was hoping someone else had an answer as it looks like it may take some time to get a response due to day/time. 

@Ed404 wrote:

@HL1979 wrote:

I verified account before I came on the community, all is paid up and set to autopay on Dec 23, said account was active.  No I do not have another phone. 

You could try borrowing a phone from a friend to test your sim card. If all else fails contact the moderators (Green ? in bottom right corner).

Goodluck

It might be a good idea to get a moderator involved just in case the final answer requires their intervention.

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

simon.PNG

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Spoiler
submit_ticket.PNG

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern, usually within 48 hours.

Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
Contact @Moderator_Team

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

Need Help? Let's chat.