cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

talk not working

suzielapierre83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

mine and my husbands phone suddenly wont make calls, we can only call people that are with public mobile, anyone else we get the message saying sorry you dont have talk on your package, which we both do, we have the $45 package with unlimited talk and 6GB data

35 REPLIES 35

@Teganmaskell wrote

20190508_154556.jpg

Hi @Teganmaskell 

You really should ask moderators for help, something is wrong with dates ther

Also, is call included in your plan? Unless you build it yourself to explicitly exclude it, just from my memory i believe it should be included

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It really looks like you have tried everything.  You should contact the moderators team,using this link (additionnal details here) and provide them with as much details as possible.  Doesn't hurt to reach out to them now, but keep watching here in case someone comes up with a genious idea !

surreyboz

@Teganmaskell wrote:

I've been with public mobile for less than a month. And to be honest unless this is resolved soon I'll be asking for advice on how to cancel my account. I've never made a call with this SIM card.

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish but there is Nothing to cancel with Prepaid Service, you simply stop paying and you won't have service. 

Teganmaskell

The $1 trick didn't work and whenever I try the lost/stolen trick it gives me thisScreenshot_20190508-164058_Chrome.jpg

You can try the lost/stolen remedy...log into My Account / Plan and Add-ons / Lost-Stolen tab. Click and Suspend service and log out for 5 minutes. Log back in and Resume service, cycle phone off / on. Let us know if this helps.

JaimeLaPizza

@Teganmaskell wrote:

20190508_154556.jpg

I think there is something wrong with your account that calls (no pun intended !) for a moderator.  Look at your payment due date at the bottom... Apr. 30 2021 ?!?  How is that possible ?  Also look at the top of your screen capture: There is no detail under "My plan", and there should be (such as mine which is "25$ per 30 Days".  Have you tried adding 1$ to your account ?  Tried the "lost/stolen" trick ?  

Teganmaskell

I've been with public mobile for less than a month. And to be honest unless this is resolved soon I'll be asking for advice on how to cancel my account. I've never made a call with this SIM card.

Have you been able to make calls in the past or is this something new ? How long have you been subscribed to PM ?

Teganmaskell

20190508_154556.jpg

Ok, so how long has it been since you bought these 200 minutes. Which base plan did you subscribe to ? Are you able to post a screenshot of your plan details ?

Teganmaskell

I havent used any minutes of talk. Since purchasing I havent been able to make any calls nor can I even receive calls.

Teganmaskell

Yes, I paid for add on talk. 

@Teganmaskell wrote:

Hello, I have a $45 plan for data and have paid an additional $8 for 200mins of talk. I have tried using the described troubleshooting methods but my talk isn't working. Does anyone know why this is happening or can offer any other suggestions?is there a human or rep I can speak to because I'm job searching and desperately need my phone to work now or I will cancel my account immediately.

Sorry I don't understand....you have a only data plan? No call or text? If yes you can't have an add-on with calls..I think.

@Teganmaskell wrote:

Hello, I have a $45 plan for data and have paid an additional $8 for 200mins of talk. I have tried using the described troubleshooting methods but my talk isn't working. Does anyone know why this is happening or can offer any other suggestions?is there a human or rep I can speak to because I'm job searching and desperately need my phone to work now or I will cancel my account immediately.

Has your 200 minutes of talk expired maybe ? There are no reps you can talk to here at Public Mobile.If you still have minutes available and can't use them, let us know and we'll help you to figure it out further. Good luck.

Teganmaskell

Is it about the 1 before the number you dialed????

Julez

Smart question I used it about 4 days ago ( I renewed about 3 weeks ago.)

😊 for you!!! I don’t understand why it was like that but happy to have inspired you!!!Smiley Wink

Julez

You made something work.  I tried a different number from my contacts. It worked.  I tried the original from my contacts it didn't.  Then I dialed the number from my memory and I went through.  So thank you for inspiring me to keep trying.😁

Did you use your phone to call before??? Stupid question???

Is it only one number or did you try another one?

Julez

I have unlimited province wide (the call I was trying to make is in my province). I also have over 300 long distance minutes.

Do you have the 10$ plan and already used your 50 minutes @Julez ??

Julez

No I am scared that my data will stop working also.  I sent a message to the moderator team.  Hopefully it gets fixed soon.  The robot suggested that I turned the phone off and take out the sim card.  I tried that and it didn't help.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Julez wrote:

Same thing happened to me.  I have changed nothing.  At least my data still works.   Very frustrating as I rarely have time to phone people and today I have time but it won't work.

@Julez did you happen to try the lost/stolen workaround?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Julez

Same thing happened to me.  I have changed nothing.  At least my data still works.   Very frustrating as I rarely have time to phone people and today I have time but it won't work.

suzielapierre83

i redid the lost/stolen phone thing, turned off phone,removed SIM and waited 10 minutes this time, and it came back working, musta been a glitch, thanks for helping... much appreciated everyone

suzielapierre83

yes our account shows active, shows we have the 45$ plan with unlimited talk, text and 6gb data

suzielapierre83

no i didnt change anything, phones worked fine up until 2pm then i went to make a call and wouldnt work, its only allowing us to call ppl within the public mobile network, anyone with other providers, its giving us the message saying sorry you dont have talk on your plan

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@suzielapierre83 wrote:

i tried, it didnt work 😞 ugh i cant be without my phone working, we dont have a house phone, only cell phone. wish they still had the customer service department where you could talk to a real person

Is your account status active?

The lost/stolen phone trick works on active account only.

Send private message to moderator for help.  Moderator wait time is up to 3 days.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.